Options

The Psychiatric Wing

Comments

• Options
    Octopush looks fun Haile and when I worked at a pool where a team trained they were all very fit and tended to get changed in the pool side cubicles with the doors open - <<sigh>> the only time we ever fought over actually doing cleaning duties
  • Options
    The guy knew exactly what he was on about - explained every little shift in position to me in glorious technicolour. At the moment I can keep riding my current set up, with a little improvement. Which is lucky as I'm too skint to shell out for a new custom job.
    :o)

One day, mark my words...
  • Options
    I got to ride on the jig, and I got a comfier position, a straighter back and more power output with the new position. The only problem is that it needs the oddest size bike I've ever heard of.

How goes everyone else? Your training coming along Haile?
  • Options
    Good to hear that the fizz had a look. You nearly all recovered?

I was just about to start weight training, and did my back in putting up a shed.
    :oD
  • Options
    Yeay weight training - I am going to start that so that I am stronger by xmas. Also apparently will help me avoid part of that cycling injury by keeeping my patella tracking in line
  • Options
    VMO strengthening by any chance?

The bike fit guy also gave me some exercises to do to up my core strength and improve posture. Then the git showed how to do straight back situps and the plank. I was impressed enough, but when he started banging on about doing the plank with his wife standing on his back, and the situps with his kids sitting on his shoulders I went a bit green. Fecking ex-marines...
    ;o)
  • Options
    The jobhunting machine starts to roll.

I've applied for something at:
    Sweatshop (just round the corner)
    Cotswalds

And I've still got to post applications/ do a walk in for:
    Tiso
    Morrisons
    Peckhams
    Stob Hill hospital
    Time to look at bikeshops too?
  • Options
    I really fancy a wee break from chemistry, so Tiso, cotswalds, or bike shop would be perfect for a few months or so (maybe longer), until I can get something in some way related to my degree. Or sweatshop. Problem is that except for tisos, it'd probably only be part time, and therefore temporary. Give me time to go to interviews though...

This is the first time I've ever jobhunted. All my other employment has been fixed up. It's not much fun to be honest.

This is all of course assuming that I don't make it big in pro cycling/tri in the next week or so...
  • Options
    22 mile commute to and from work today, in the pouring rain on a 20 year mountain bike.

it was fantastic.

:-)

2T - i preferred cotswalds. (good job lurker is away, else you would have been in trouble).

;-)
  • Options
    2T whats VMO strengthening?
  • Options
    VMO is the big muscle in your thigh that straightens the leg through ~ the last 20 degrees of bend - cyclists often get trouble with them, and they can throw the patellar tracking out of kink. You can strengthen them by lying on the floor and tensing the muscles of the thigh, then lifting your foot off the floor by a couple of inches, then holding for as long as possible.

I haven't written cotswolds all day, and I've written it at least 20 times so far. Not a great portent as I'm trying to gain employment with them...
  • Options
    I haven't written cotswolds all day, and I've written it at least 20 times so far...

Errrr...
  • Options
    LOL never mind 2T

we have a guy in our tri club who is really good at strengthening type stuff - might email him and see if he can give me some ideas. He has already mentioned some stuff for that muscle.
  • Options
    I may have been sniffing too many chemicals today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I used to have trouble with mine - just laid off the hard stuff for a while, and it sorted itself out. These days it's well proportioned, so I don't get any problems anymore.

Time to go vegitate in front of a good book. Todays choices are The White Spider, or rock and wall climbing, the essential guide.
  • Options
    Knew I'd forgotten a bit of it - the 45 degree foot turn - good one haile.

Herriott? Who the heck is herriott?
  • Options
    Ah, yes, gotcha. I thought you were talking about mountains.

Time for bed I think. I've got a shed to paint in the morning.

Night all.
  • Options
    guess who got a new omputer at work today?

haile - not going to to buy the fixie just yet. latest idea is to change the old MTB into a single speed and see hoe i get on. i have ridden to work 3 times this week and not changed gear once, Main thing stopping me buying the new bike is the money.
  • Options
    Afternoon

I keep hearing about fixies - fortunately there is several hundreds pounds worth of other gear I would like to obtain first