Options

Mablethorpe Marathon 16/09/2007

Comments

• Options
    I've been toying with entering this one, but... TEWNTY-FIVE QUID????
  • Options
    mike-If I am correct in thinking some of the entrance fee is for the RNLI
  • Options
    Wicked DWicked D ✭✭✭
    Mike - RNLI got nearly all if not ALL the money raised from this event last year, this event is almost zero car's and wot cars there are allow runners to come thru with no hassle as there's plenty of police present

you may wanna enter quick as there's lots of interest in this one as its so well organised and runners are well cared for how many marathons have you done where you can say that ?? there's also 10k AND HALF MARA ON THE SAME DAY and timing chip (or was last year) it all adds up so go for it mate you will not regret it and you'll be back the following year just like me and others
  • Options
    hi guys

chip timings as per last year also your results texted to your mobile phones. virtually every penny went to the RNLI last year. Mablethorpe marathon is a non-profit making organisation. RNLI ended up with about £5k last year in total. There is also a very generous goody bag included in your entry fee

visit the website

www.mablethorpemarathon.org

any questions you think of email either here or our runners liason officer Terry Stow who will answer all questions. If he doesn't know the answer (which he probably will know) then he will find out asap and get back to you fairly quickly. the best liason officer i have ever come across
  • Options
    OK, fair comments guys, but I am not able to plan ahead with certainty that I can do particular races later in the year. When it's £10-£15 or thereabouts I'm willing to take the chance that I can't do it, and write the cost off. But that's a bit much to write off, even if it is going to a deserving charity.
  • Options
    G'day

Not ran since before Xmas due to ongoing health probs which should be sorted in the next month, but have been cycling to keep joints loose! .....comeback plan is:

Woodhall spa 10k 3/6
    Humber half marathon 24/6
    Spilsby show 6 8/7
    Mabo in Sept!

where is everyone?
  • Options
    Wicked DWicked D ✭✭✭
    Hi Scamlamb

I'm also running in the Woodhall Spa 10k 3/6, if you want a really flat 10k have a look at Sleaford 10k 20/5 that could be a nice tester for ya

my plans so far are

Sleaford 10k 20/5
    Woodhall spa 10k 3/6
    Sea Bank Marathon (Skegness - Boston) 10/6
    Mabo Mara 16/9
    Great Eastern Run (Peterborough half) 14/10

I'm actually training for my nemisis event the Sea Bank Mara at the moment so i'll see how things go after this event if i add any other races as i'll then be training for MABO
  • Options
    Never run the Seabank before..might look at it next year, who runs it and how do you enter?
  • Options
    hi scam

sorry to hear about health problems and hope you are better soon

good luck with the training
  • Options
    Wicked DWicked D ✭✭✭
    Hi Scam

Peter Paine Sports Centre run the sea bank mara or are one of the main organisers in conjunction with Macmillan Cancer Relief, the address for them is Peter Paine Sports Centre is - Rosebery Avenue, Boston, Lincs PE21 7QR Tele - 01205 350222

This point to point event is older than FLM and started as a competition between a group of people as to who was or could do this distance quickest and has just gone on from there, the event is now set up to raise money for charity and the distance is irrevelent altho its damned close to a full mara (possible 1.5miles short) and if you take into account the uneven ground/styles/marsh land/sea banks up and down/high grasses=5ft or more you'll feel like you've done closer to 36 miles, once you've done this you'll wanna do it again if only to see if you can do better.
    this year its from skeg to boston and is the one way i have always wanted to do cos as a local boy i can run towards the "STUMP" (bit like being a magnet)

its a toughy but its fun
  • Options
    First run for ages tomorrow night with the running club....see if ive got any spark in me lol
  • Options
    good luck scam............think you always sparkle!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    since when do i sparkle???

yay, 3 miles done and no adverse effects...yet....
  • Options
    well done on the run...............looking promising..........you were sparkling on the last mabo mara. even after 20 odd miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thats coz id wlaked since mile 13!
  • Options
    hi all
    well another really hot marathon
    put paid to any hopes I had of a fast time
    finished in 3h48

decided that at 16-17miles to really slow things down despite loads of suncream still got burnt

only 3weeks till I start the training for Mabo
  • Options
    Well done RB, started my training last night.
    Only did 3 miles but was first run for about 10 weeks. Few aches this morning but nothing like it has been!
  • Options
    Woo we're on the hot threads list!!

My hip is a bit stiff this morning...I'm not sparkling yet haggus!
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Morning Mabo!

Not doing this one this year (doing R**** H*** as it is easier to get to from where I live!) but will be back next year, as will Hipps hopefully- I had a word with her about it the other day.

RB- Well done for getting that time in the heat. Good practice for Mabo anyway!
  • Options
    Rb well done on the FLM. Still a great time given the heat and the weather. a bit reminiscent of Mabo weather last year.

scam..........you need a rub down with the sporting life or something similar. that will make you sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    scamlamb-hope you are doing the stretching after such a long time off
    really good to see you are back out
    dont forget to rub some ice on those legs
  • Options
    yeah, im stretching, been doing some cycling as well, nice 8 miles round the back roads of lincolnshire tonight, feeling good!

why the sporting life haggus??? im confused!
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys

I'm considering doing this in September. What's the course and how flat is it as I can't find any details on the web site?
  • Options
    Drew, try www.mablethorpemarathon.org

very flat

hopefully cooler than last year!
  • Options
    Hello all

Back on here now after the exploits of London at the weekend.Like many others on sunday i suffered a wee bit thru the heat.Planned for a 4hr marathon and ended up getting round in 5hrs-thankfully ok.

Scamlamb-big,big game on friday night.
  • Options
    massive, massive game... in fact hugely, unbearably gigantically massive game!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I have just sent off my entry form for this marathon yesterday after reading the excellent reviews from last years event.
    Looking forward to it, just got to get the miles in now!
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Thanks Scamlam, found details of the route. Didn't look hard enough this morning!
  • Options
    ooohhhh aren't we getting busy on here tonight. although i thought it was for running not football

trust you boys!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    whats wrong with football? apart from following celtic....lol