Options

Sub 25 - and beyond!

Comments

• Options

Hi Sprint - it's the Hove Prom 10k on 18th September!

I'm in sole charge of the cat shelter where I volunteer today!! image

Usual Hove park intervals later. I might as well just live in the park. image

• Options

Would love to run that one but Hove is about 250 miles from me!

9.1 miles tonight off-road in under 8 m/m. Was tough at times but nice route!

• Options

I'm now second in the handicap and came in 28th. It was like a swarm at the finish.

Was going well for the first 2k and thought I was struggling for the next 2k and pushed for the last. A new pb of 20:53 a six second improvement. image Slight winds and a bit of rain.

Actual splits 4:04, 4:07, 4:08 thought I was slower at this point, 4:22 knew I was slower here and then 4:09. If only I had pushed harder at the 4k mark.

• Options
    A nice long slow run yesterday where we did just under 11 miles. Slowly building up for the Adidas 24hr Thunder Run next weekend which I'm not sure I have mentioned on here before. Friend from the running club has a team from his work and needed a couple extra so we have 7 ready to take on the 10K course numerous times over the course of 24 hours. Looking like I will be doing 4 laps with about 6 hours inbetween image
  • Options

Good luck on the 40k Sprint Akie.

Daz, how did you get on at Snowdonia?

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Akie - rather you than me! image

I got on brill at Snowdon, thanks Ockham
    a true "Event" rather than just a race, with big atmosphere/support
    good weather also helped (superb views), plus the fact that I had a good run myself
    349th up (1:13) and an astonishing 37 minutes down image (293rd fastest descent) for 325th overall from 471 starters

had to sprint up the spectator-lined finish straight to juuuust break my pre-race target of 1:50, clocking 1:49:52 image

there's a 1 hour TV highlights prog here:

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=499410345 (press S for subtitles!)

no sign of me, but the battle between Andi Jones and Murray Strain is well worth watching

also at just after 7mins is a fantastic flythrough up the course image

[actually there is a subliminal glimspe of me at 13:23 crossing the start line just ahead of the guy that fell!]

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Akie - are you not doing Macclesfield Forest 5 tomorrow night? it's a Wilmslow champs counter... image

I will be there
    my fave race full stop
    done it last 4 years, gonna make it 5 image

• Options

Afraid not, missed a lot of the Wilmslow races this year so not too fussed but will still get my minimum 7 in. I'm saving myself for the weekend plus........

.......I'm still recovering after a tough session last night. 4 x 1 mile in under 6mins with 3 mins recovery on the track. The first two were ok but the second two were really hard for the last couple of laps but managed to do it image

Good luck tonight Daz

• Options
    How did you get on at Macc Forest Daz?
  • Options

9.3 miles last night which was a bit further than I wanted to run ahead of the 24hr thunder run this weekend but kept the pace sensible so feel fine today. Now an evening of carbo loading!

• Options

hi guys

Macc Forest was splendid as usual

took another minute off my PB - 47:18 (for 5.5M with over 1100ft ascent)

finished 52st/91, so frustratingly close to top half

not racing this week, since got another monster fell race on Saturday (Borrowdale) and resting up ahead of Snowdon worked well, so sticking with that approach

Akie - how did Thunder Run go?

• Options

Went very well thanks. Firstly my times, Leg 1: 47.30, Leg 2: 47.22, Leg 3: 51.10 (in the dark at 3am) and Leg 4: 50.05 on my watch and really enjoyed the experience!

It was incredible to see some of the solo runners continuing to pound round in the middle of the night and some of the distances they covered in 24 hours image

• Options

Just back from a camping holiday iin thye new Forest. Excellent weather. Lots of running and cycling.

Must try and do a decent parkrun on Saturday.

• Options

good to have you back Ozza! image

for anybody who fancies going round Borrowdale without leaving their sofa, this photo set is fantastic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8011535@N08/sets/72157606522724792/

and I particularly like this video clip of the infamous scree descent off Scafell:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8011535@N08/2742623074/in/set-72157606607697859/

• Options
    Had a weekend off running to get my tight calves sorted out so done the gym instead! Tempted to do Great Warford 10 next weekend as a training run, thoughts?
  • Options

22.11. Not great but much better than recently. Lost it as usual between 3 and 4k and hard to set off  fast enough now as there are so many people there! Around 350. I remember the days when there were about 7 people!

Mile time trial at track tonight. Would like to get near 6 minutes but anywhere under 7 will do me at the moment.

• Options
    8 miles in just over an hour last night, pushed the pace for miles 6 & 7 with some near 7min/mile stuff. Intervals tonight at the club!
  • Options

survived Borrowdale last Saturday image 302nd/341 in 5:37

did 4x1k this lunchtime - first such sesh for about 3 weeks - was about 7secs/km off my best, but didn't feel too alien, so not too bad image

sliiiight possibility I might do Great Warford 10M on Sunday, not sure yet...

• Options
    I'm thinking I might do Great Warford so would definitely recommend you do it Daz
  • Options

6.22 image

Felt I should have been quicker but OK I suppose.

• Options

Under 7mins though and something to build on!

Did 6 miles on my own around the new Mediacity in Salford which is looking very good apart from being wedged between Ordsall & Langworthy. No feet or calf pain after seeing my new physio.

• Options

Another year and only a little closer.

Come to the decision sub 20min is hard. Probably my last 5km race, this year. Came 37th in the 5th  5km race, in a time of 21:18 on Thursday. So my fastest time for this year is 20:53, 18 seconds better than last year. Stayed in second place in the handicap and won a plate with a £5 voucher. My youngest done extremely well in the mile race. Going off last and coming in first and won a few things.

Well done Daz at Borrowdale.

Ostrich, looked at my best mile time in a 5km race and my quickest time is 6:35, so you are getting back on form.

• Options

Tomorrow I am going to do the 100m! Just for fun  you understand. I will blates be last. Coach reckons i could run 13.4 but I doubt it, even when i was good aged 14 I don't think I was that quick! My start is awful. If I get in the 14s I will be pleased. Might also do long jump though fear I will break many parts of myself and also not reach the sand! It's all in the name of fun you understand image

Yesterday we did 10 x 500 in pairs so one ran it then the other to aim for a specific 1k time. Our predicted time was 4.10 but I was running between 1.49 - 1.59 and partner around 2 - 2.05 so we were quicker than coach expected! This is because I am fine with standing rest just rubbsish with jog recovery and obviously I got 2 mins rest between each 500. Good stuff image Even better when partner pointed out we'd run a sub 40 10k image

Tried to do a long run (10 miles) today but my lungs felt heavy (if suchh a thing is possible) so bailed out at 5 miles. image

• Options

Did a mixture of hill reps and normal intervals on Tuesday. Battled well on 1 mile interval but was a lot better at the 4 x 400m reps. Then ran 6.3 miles last night in 46mins on what should have been tired legs so I was pleased.

Birchwood 10K on Sunday then Capenhurst 5K on Wednesday

• Options

Had a spiffing time on Wednesday at Withdean Open track meeting.

Started with the 100 where I came last as expected. 14.58. I was oldest by far and didn't start with blocks image After this I had the taste for defeat so entered the 200 where I DIDN'T COME LAST!! image AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30.14. I was 2nd last but was just so overexcited that I wasn't last!!

Then straight after I went and did the long jump with no idea how to work out my run up and knackered from the 200. Had to shorten my run up each time as I was too worn out to get to the sand image. Somehow managed to jump 3.79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was at least 50cm behind the board too so really it was over 4 metres. This was without doubt the most surprising thing EVER. I had said I'd be happy with anything over 3 metres but this is near enough how far I used to jump last time I did it aged approx 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimage

• Options

Well done on the times for the 100m & 200m. I really struggled when I tried 100m with the blocks, actually caught people up after falling so far behind at the start.

Birchwood 10K yesterday and I put in an abject performance. Around 43.55 on my watch which I'm massively disappointed with, Capenhurst 5K on Wednesday though to put things right.

• Options

Akie - Did you do Great Warford? I didn't make it

my training has been a bit scrappy of late for various reasons

I did manage a slight 4M PB last week (should've been a lot quicker, but a PB is a PB)

and I also did nearly 10 hours out around Kinder image

not sure when my next race will be - will keep yousall informed...!

• Options

I didnt do Great Warford, I went with the see how I feel approach on the day as had a hectic week with a lack of sleep. Woke up at about 7.30am and felt knackered so gave it a miss, probably right decision considering I didnt wake up again till 11am image

Well done on the 4M PB, what was it? Not a distance I've ever tested myself over but suppose to be good for training

• Options
    Capenhurst 5K - 20.00 image