Options

Sub 25 - and beyond!

1298299300301302304»

Comments

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

(poking my nose in...)

Hi all, sub 25 for 5k is one of my goals (has been for the last two years). PB of 25.33 and currently I'm doing about 27-28 minutes for parkrun when I do it as a tempo run. I guess parkrun's not too early for me! image

Kinda hoping that my 5k times will fall alongside raising mileage/speedwork in my current training for half marathon (trying to break 2 hours, hit a 2.01 at Brighton half last weekend) and dropping a few pounds along the way. If that doesn't work, I'll change tack after the half. I'm hopeful though, that approach got me down to my current PB. So close to sub 25 minutes!

• Options

Slowly building back up, up to 20mins slow running with no pain but friends are pushing me to run the Salford 10K with them on Good Friday!

• Options

Ran 5K last night in 24.45 just out on the roads, considering this is the first time I've run at any sort of pace in 2 years I'm pleased. Most importantly no pain in the feet either so thumbs up so far!!!!

• Options

Akieimage Wahey! you're a bona fide sub-25-er again image

Good to hear that you seem to be on the mend image

I might do Mobberley Round The Runway on 24th April - might you be there? (marshaling if not running?)

I've got loads of big off-road stuff planned (main one is this : http://www.10peaks.com/the-lakes/the-route/ ), but am keeping some sneaky speed-work going in parallel image so might attempt a 5k later in the year (Sale Sizzler maybe)

• Options

I wont be at that race I'm afraid, bit soon for me to race and I'm no longer a member at Wilmslow RC (too far for someone who is now carless) so not involved with marshalling etc.

I'm looking at the Dunham Massey 5K as a tester in mid June but any proper racing will be late in the year. Might do some longer hilly stuff as part of training but nothing too vertical. 

• Options

Building up quite nicely now, a good 5.5 mile run on Thursday night at a reasonable pace and going to try two runs in the next two days. Something short today around 4 miles then tomorrow going bold with 8 miles.

Great to be back though!!

• Options

7.3 miles in under an hour so feeling confident of running a reasonable time on Friday at the Salford 10K. Experimenting with rock tape for limiting the tightness in my feet!!

• Options

Ran the Salford 10K yesterday in glorious weather on a flat course. It was probably too soon as I've only had half a dozen proper runs since my return but ran it with friends and it went very well.

Was aiming to go under 50mins and was 24.45 through the first 5K but felt comfortable so pushed on to finish in 47.39. Good day all round image

• Options

Yesterday I ran my first ever Park Run,  stopped mid race to tie loose shoe lace and finished in 18 mins 43 secs in a gentle relaxed pace. I believe through hard work and my shoe laces not coming untied I could well and truly break 18 minutes in a future Park Run. I am only doing 25 to 30 miles per week of running over 3 or 4 days per week.

I hope to get towards 50 miles per week as I train towards HM and Marathon races later on in the year.

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

RoadWarrior - using the techniques of shoe lace tieing employed by elite runners, and using  a more aggressive pace in a 5k race will see you break 18mins . You should loose weight and train harder as well. Sub 18 minutes is just a matter of time if you put the hard work in.

• Options

Had a short run yesterday as I didnt want to overdue it after the 10K Friday so back to normal running again tomorrow. Looking at doing a favoured 7.3 mile out and back route from the city centre to Salford Quays at tempo as I build now for the Bowdon 5K in about 6 weeks.

• Options

Akie - Good News that you seem to be getting back to "normal" running image

I keep putting off actually committing to a 5k race cos I never seem to be able to do enough proper short/flat/fast training - but I have gone mad and entered Christleton on Fri. 23rd May! image

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Hello Daz you should

I'm back to my  monthly 5kms though last month I didn't  weren't well this month can't, work stuff So May 23rd is my next. Though my crap running last  year means  my times  have  gone backwards i'm  back down to 30 minute. Working to get  back to 25

• Options
    DazTheSlug wrote (see)

Akie - Good News that you seem to be getting back to "normal" running image

I keep putting off actually committing to a 5k race cos I never seem to be able to do enough proper short/flat/fast training - but I have gone mad and entered Christleton on Fri. 23rd May! image

It's all been jinxed as its comeback the past couple of days but I'm blaming my physio for telling me to wear orthotics, been fine without them!!

Christleton is a good flat course so you should run well there image

• Options

didn't do Mobberley last night due to clash with family commitment (that I'd forgotten about! image )

did a 4M solo time-trial instead, and set a new PB of 29:48, going sub-30 for the first time ever, so q. pleased image

my 5M/10k PB's are now looking very soft indeed... image

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

did 22:43 at Christleton 5k back in May
    and 22:58 last night at Sale Sizzler (it was VERY hot)

no firm plans for rest of year - need to decide what my priorities are... image

• Options

Running now for 10 yrs, just turned 56.I can do 5k in 25mins regular.I found that doing 4 miles every other day flat out 32mins- ish, works best for me.But what do i know.Love to do a sub 24min for 5 k.Have tried longer distances but run out of steam+can't find my way home

• Options

Attempt #4 I think to make a comeback from PF. Been going well so far and tried a few new treatments like a night splint (really helped loosen the ligament and muscle) so hoping 2015 is my lucky year.

Hoping to run the Salford 10K again on Easter Friday.