Options

wolverhampton marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Oops sorry,didn't answer your question. I can't remember for sure but I think I posted my entry.
  • Options

Clairster.. I entered online at runners world in the week and my pack arrived yesterday. Postal entry closed yesterday - not sure about online tho. Does anyone kow if we're allowed to wear headphones? I cant find aything that says not but being a road marathon... 

• Options

Ok folks..less than a week to goimage Are we all ready for it? Dont know the area at all and although I have received my pack, I dont get a feel for the course profile. Where are the lumpy bits, there must be hills somewhere!!

Damo1970-did Potters Arf too, good event but lumpy!!

Clairster, have you entered?

• Options

Luretta - do you have a direct link? I cant find one...

still waiting to hear...

• Options

hill @ 10-10.5 milish no great incline though. Luretta Headphones were being worn last year and haven't seen anywhere that says otherwise.

• Options

im doing the half marathon for the 2nd time. its a reasonable route. they say water is every 2.5 miles. but any gels or energy drinks have to be provided by yourself and if i remember the last time i did it a couple of years ago there was a woman about 7 miles round with a tub of vaseline for the runners which i found slightly amusing.

for full marathon runners they say you should be on your 2nd lap by midday.

Clairster - i cant find an online entry form for you but here is the phone number to ring them and you can ask what to do    01902 577000

• Options

Anyone not done this before might get an idea from my FREE to DOWNLOAD photo's on Flickr

Unfortunately the organisers are not very helpful in letting Runners know of this FREE service and do not add a link to their poor website.

2011 photo link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baldeagle/sets/72157627412329095/

2010 photo link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baldeagle/sets/72157624759837925/

If you go into sets, you can see the links from previous years.

Good luck

Brian

• Options

Hi,

Clairster - I signed up on Tuesday through the online entry - not now available.  Give them a ring or you can sign up the day before in Wolvo.

Breer - Nothing to bad regards lumps.

Brian - Will thank you in advance you do a great service for us runners.

• Options

thanks folks image cant sign up the day before as travelling down from manchester!

• Options

Weather is looking ok anywayimage

• Options

woohoo, i have a place..transferred number from a friend

brer rabbit - are you doing the half or the full? Hopefully get to say hello this time image

• Options
    I'm doin this. Entered last week. Should be a good day, only got to travel from cannock
  • Options
    My mom is meant to be doing the half but can't make it due to injury.

If anyone wants her place let me know
  • Options
    She doesn't want anything for it
  • Options
    Hi Jedward,

I am interested in your moms place if still available?

Andy
  • Options
    Yeh fine, are you allowed to change names with the organiser?
  • Options
    brer rabbit wrote (see)

Ok folks..less than a week to goimage Are we all ready for it? Dont know the area at all and although I have received my pack, I dont get a feel for the course profile. Where are the lumpy bits, there must be hills somewhere!!

Damo1970-did Potters Arf too, good event but lumpy!!

Clairster, have you entered?

Yes there are lots of hills!

Briefly they are at:

Around 1/2 mile a short hill up the ring road, doesnt last for long

Around 2 miles at Aldersley Road passing Aldersley stadium

Around 7 miles a very long drag from the wobaston road all the way to the top of Duck Lane in Bilbrook. It flattens out half way with a chicane around The Woodman pub before going up Duck Lane.

Around 10 miles another long drag up the Codsall Road after Birches Road (incorrectly labelled on the map) It flattens out before the Claregate island

Mile 11.5ish at the bottom of Lower Street there is a small climb onto the Tettenhall Road

Mile 12 Tettenhall Road - slightly up hill but nothing to worry about.

I wouldnt say this is a PB course!

mat

• Options

yes, i did. you need to mail them with the number and new details

• Options

Cheers for info mat.

Hey Clairster..doing the full. Are you?

• Options

I am BR - you will be showered and home by the tiem I finish, lol

• Options

I pb'd the half last year and for the life of me I cannot remember this being a tough course or hilly at all. I am doing the full and not concerned about the hills.

• Options

I think not Clairster. Will look out for you again!!

Hey John...I'll go with that!

First load of pasta gone down the hatch..oh I hate pasta!!

Weather still looking goodimage

• Options

Theres no Hills, just some nice rollers

What goes up comes down.

Also anyone running sub 3.20 ish give us a shout as i need some pacing.....

must get a garmin lol

• Options

Hey BR nice to see u, i'm coming along to cheer but did wonder about doing the HM ( i'm doing another half marathon the week after but after doing a 10mile training run today would love to give it a go as the HM next week is off road again - cant be any worse than much wenlock tho can it lol ) and it would fit in with my marathon training ( i'm doing staffs marathon in Nov ) 

I cant see any online entries tho now does that mean its full I wonder?? 

• Options

just wondered what sort of times people are expecting to finish in for the half marathon. and what is considered a good time?

• Options

Sorry Dave..can't help. Looking at 3:45 ish now we have ironed out the lumpsimage. This is the second marathon of a sequence of 5 in two months finishing with Snowdonia so cant afford to thrash it.

Oh hi Hannahsmom...great to hear from you again. I'll look out for you..pigtails??

• Options

@hannahs mom - entries are closed apart from late entries this saturday at west park (£25)

@lee smart - i don't know what your HM times are but i'd say it's a 2/3 minutes slower than a fast pb course.

Good luck to everyone

• Options

woop woop, i'm in, i rang them today and went and paid and fetched my running number from Carvers, woman was lovely on phone

look out for me  BR i'm going to wear my Aldridge Running club vest which is blue and black and my hair depends on the weather lol, if its no rain, will be in a pony tail, if its rain, will be in plaits 

want to treat this as a training run for my next marathon but will get my bling at the end of it lol

i'm not looking for a fast time Lee, just happy to finish, i'm a slow plodder so cant see me finishing in under 2hours 40 if i'm honest but i know a few people who will finish in under 2hours, guess what time u finish depends on what pace u run at

I just want to enjoy it as this is a local one to me so cant wait!!!  My kids are excited about it too, they love seeing my medals!! 

• Options
    Luretta Spearing wrote (see)

Clairster.. I entered online at runners world in the week and my pack arrived yesterday. Postal entry closed yesterday - not sure about online tho. Does anyone kow if we're allowed to wear headphones? I cant find aything that says not but being a road marathon... 

Hi Luretta

Organisers tweeted back on 3 June that headphones would NOT be allowed

https://twitter.com/WolvesMarathon 

Up to you if you want to chance your arm, but I guess as it's a small field and there will be some traffic coming the opposite way at times, they want to err on the side of caution. 

• Options

Hi Hannahsmum..will look out for you girl and Clairster. Phew..turning out to be a real social!