Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    Not enough sleep image but feeling good and ready to go. Just about to make some porridge image
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, you did spoons. And from what I remember you're going to be great!
  • Options
    I think I had about 3 hours!! Had my croissant and banana and ready to take it easy image
  • Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I've got up early today to wish all you TM ers all the best today. Have a great run and think of the half a bottle of wine you left from last night waiting for you. Hope it's not pouring down like it is here.

FRC- good solid run there especially taking into account you handicapped yourself with a full - nearly not- stomach.

Aintree races should be a bit wet today.
  • Options
    FRC- well done on the xc yesterday, hope the stomach has settled.

Go team Minni Go!!!

10m easy planned for me today.
  • Options
    They're off! Standing at about mile 5 to cheerlead. Particulary impressed by the chalk start + finish linesimage
  • Options

Have they come past you yet Kiwiimage Is Spoons really running?

• Options

Waiting for news of the Town Moor crew.  8 miles for me this morning with a bit of hangover after evening out,  pint of guiness, watched Taken 2(OK but not as good of the first) 2 large glasses of red at F&B then back home(bottle of cider) for the last little bit (2 hours) of my daughter's 18th birthday house party. Felt better after the run.

• Options
    Barry- sounds like a good night last nightimage and well done on getting the run in with a hangover.

I just got back from 10m in Richmond Park. Flying today. Feel like all the stress and aches of the last two weeks have disappeared and am back to buzzing with excitementimage Now just the blooming hurricane needs to bugger off!

Looking forward to the news from TM- come on guys!
  • Options

where are they image ??  Getting pissed in the pub already ??

c'mooooon!!!!!   Did spoons really run??

Great run Bro, glad you could destress image

• Options
    Rather dodgy internet on the moor + it was bloody freezing, just defrosting now!! Shall leave it to the runners to tell you how they got on, fun to spectate as saw them all 5 times image
  • Options
    Come on girls, let everyone know how you did! image

I ran 3 laps then called it a day. Berlin is still in my legs and I don't want to spend another month recovering. So a decent 16 mile training run at consistent 8:20s.

Happy with that, I can crack on with HM training now image
  • Options
    Ok the girls have agreed I'll tell you how we did...

Minni - 3.25.24 - 3rd lady and 1st F40

Freemers - 3.29.51 - 5th lady and 2nd F40

AA - 3.35.02 - 6th lady and 3rd F40

So we have a load of bling to take home image

Really really tough - very muddy and windy, leg sapping stuff. Will do proper reports later...
  • Options
    TMer's - Wow fantastic results, a clean sweep of the F40 podium, what bling did you get, cans of Newkie Brown!
  • Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Brilliant results superb runs fabulous trophies. Well done TMteam. Can't wait for the reports

4 winners here too.
  • Options

Brilliant running TM'ers. Excellent results image

• Options
    What a great set of results for our TMers! And an F40 clean sweep too! Enjoy the celebrations!
  • Options

Great results from TM, excellent  running. Congrats, enjoy the celebrations.

• Options

Yayyyyyy!!!!   image great results! Well done girls!!

carrot: smart move. I couldn't have run another marathon today!

Is O4S alright?

• Options
    Whoop whoopimage)) well done, what a result!!!

Carrot- good call.

I'm sure the wine is flowing...
  • Options
    Chick - O4S is absolutely fine (and on the wine!) - she did 3 laps and called it a day.
  • Options
    kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Podium-tastic!  Great runs ladies, hope you and everyone else who was there had a good day out!

• Options

There were only three V40s running today....

• Options
    kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Ps - well done to anyone who's had a great run in the last month (I'm sure there are lots of you).  Quick update - In the last month I've started working in Scotland and have moved back in with my mum to help her while she's on crutches (broken leg, healing well).  I've not yet found a way to squish getting online and catching up with the forum in my new routine, hoping I can change that now! 

Running wise I've been getting out for short runs along the Clyde in Glasgow at lunchtime with new colleagues which is great.  I've done 2 YKWs on a hilly course in Falkirk - 22:20 and 22:32 - only around a minute off my flat pb which is encouraging.  Back in London next weekend so I'm going to try and get out to the super flat Hackney Marshes YKW and see how I do.

Inspired by the TM crew I went out for my longest run today since March - was planning on 10 but took a wrong turn and ended up with 12.5.  Fab run over the moors and I'm loving not running in London.  Pace wasnt fast but I was starting to feel it by the end - got some work to do on the longer stuff, but its definitely going in the right direction.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Piss off Spoons. There are at least 50.

I have to say I was amazing. Lots of people said to me 'god you're fast'. At points I was running with, like sub sub 3:15 runners and they where like, god you're fast, and I was like, yes I am. image

I am also quite pissed!!!!!!
  • Options
    Minni - don't forget I would have been faster than you but I had to stop for 5 minutes to take that sodding stone out of me shoeimage
  • Options
    Lol Minniimage)) we all know you are AMAZING!
  • Options

Minni's still boring us to death with her splits image image

• Options
    Bro - Sorry to alter the tone of the thread, but I've been checking up on Hurricane Sandy. A guy at work texted me yesterday to say that overtime was unlimited, which is never a good sign, I work in a call centre for Ba were we rebook passengers etc. I've just checked Ba.com and all our flights from about 4pm this afternoon to east coast USA have been cancelled. All flights tomorrow to JFK, Newark, wasington, Baltimore, Phili, Boston have already been cancelled, only Chicago was still operating. Plus half the JFK flights for Tuesday are already cancelled. I expect this is not cus of the Hurricane, but aircraft/crews will all be out of position cus of the cancelled flights. I don't know who you're flying with, or who you've booked thru, but I would get hold of them asap to check what's happening. The good news for you is you've still got plenty of time for thinks to get back to normal before your mara.