Options

TVXC 2012/13 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sprint for the line wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

15th! well done Sprint, apparently the biggest field ever... what was your time?

Got 34.29

Progression is (2010) 40.20, (2011) 37.14 so bringing it down nicely. 

Great effort Sprint. I look forward to my next 3 years!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Quicker than I've ever done it Sprint, i did 34.34 in 2010... (missed last year)

Should be promising for you on the road, as the week after doing that, i did a 79.43 half marathon with a slight cold....so your 1hr 21 will be in for some severe revision!

• Options
    Hi Sleepy bear, yes that was me image shame we didn't realise at the time! are you running any of the other TVXC races?
  • Options

It is a shame - the thought just came to me this morning!! Was obviously too busy obsessing about the cake image and then I was trying to zoom in on your picture to be sure LOL

I doubt we'll be able to get down for any more this year but maybe next year... Are you gonna be able to do them all this year? image

• Options
    I must admit all i could think of on the last stretch of field to the finish was the tea and cakes ha ha!! That's a shame you won't be running at any of the other races! Myself and other half have planned to run all of them if we can, really enjoy these races, and especially looking forward to the RRR one a few days before christmas.
  • Options

Is that the one at Bearwood?  We (Marlow) all ran that in tutus last year (as Christmas fairies obviously image) and had a good old giggle. Loved that course!

But ... we moved up t'north in the summer so it's not our local league anymore but it was nice to come back as guests cos we don't get cake locally! And wowsers what beautiful weather - amazing how much warmer a couple of degrees makes things!

• Options

Cheers guys, always forget how long the stetch across the field is when you pop out of the treeline. Couldn't catch my teamate 5 steps ahead of me was so flagging. Starting off with a 5.51 minute/mile probably caused that...

Great cameraderie between runners at the events, it's a pleasure to see.

(SG - Wokingham's my aim for sub 1.20 - fingers crossed for injury free until then!)

• Options

SB - I do remember all the Marlow runners dressed up, that was good team spirit!  its a shame you wont make any of the other races this season, hope to see you at one next year!

Well done to everyone else that ran yesterday, does anyone know when the results will be out?

• Options

As part of the BFR committee who host the TVXC site, we are changing over servers (not the best time I know) so once we get that site up and running again the results will be up, we hope to sort it out over the next few days

• Options

Hi Sprint,

Any update on the results? We all appreciate the combined efforts going in to the server move, etc. However this is seriously impeding my 2nd claim club banter!

• Options
    Hi, we notice the website is back up which is great, thanks to all involved. can anyone tell me who we contact to get amendments to names spelt incorrectly. Thanks image
  • Options

Hi Claire,

Finding out for you. Apologies for the delay in getting the site back up and running.

• Options

Just need for Po10 to pick the results up!

• Options
    Hi sprint, I think we all appreciate the efforts to get the site up and running again as we know your all busy working etc. thanks for trying to find out a contact for me.

Really looking forward to sandhurst next week
  • Options
    Who's ready for a very wet, muddy XC tomorrow! Decided to get my spikes out ready image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

will be there for a rare run out. No spikes tho, just the trusty Walshes.

• Options
    The course could be interesting tomorrow, a bit like doing the Grim Challenge! Really looking forward to it. I wonder if 400 runners will turn up again!
  • Options
    How did everyone get on today? I found it really tough and ran a slower time than last year, but I was pleased considering the conditions, and enjoyed running through all the water and mud. My OH had a good run and finished in the top 10 which was great image I saw one guy from DD run through one of the puddles, fall over got completely covered, I asked if he was ok and he said I shouldn't have done that ha ha image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Claire, i did similar, monstered into a puddle thinking it'd be fine, and it coming up to my neck, and having to swim out!

Snuck 5th place tho, so happy with that!

Although I should probably change my pic to the club i represent these days!

• Options
    19th place after going over in a ditch and cutting knee open was good for me - fitness is lacking but warm and bandaged now . Possibly one ditch should have been re routed IMHO
  • Options
    Some of those puddles were definitely deeper than they looked! And muddy underneath too! Well done on 5th place! You must have been running near my OH at times image

I really enjoy these races, it's nice to chat with runners from other clubs image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Sprint, there were some pretty hairy bits, i tried to go round most, but sometimes you have to go spark through!

Conditions were certainly worse than 2010 when I last raced this one, did it a min quicker that day despite being less fit!

Claire, depends if your OH was one of the 2 in front of me, i think they were Reading.

I'm not quite sure exactly who was behind, it's the fear of that which keeps you working hard!

Miss the next one, which I'm not too sad about as it's the destroying Handy Cross one!

• Options
    Stevie yes he was one of the Reading guys, he finished in 2nd place, he had a great run, he was worried about his achilles playing up but it was ok. That's a shame you will miss handy cross that reminds me more of a fell race with those hills!

Sprint sorry to hear you fell and hurt yourself image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

you should have said top 2 rather than top 10!

Presume he was the younger chap then, as the other Reading guy ahead of me is V40. You don't look that age, so presumably the younger chap!

Long and short of it, was Graham won it comfortably, there was a little gang of 4 of us chasing, then I lost the 3 of them,  and had a little battle with another guy and just about stole it  on the line.

• Options
    Nice of you to say I don't look that age image and your right I'm not I am a bit younger, but OH is V 40 image sorry I said he was top 10 when top 2 image. We did see some pictures and it did look like the guy in 1st had a bit of a lead.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

are his initials LN?

I checked his power of 10 profile, and he seems to be building a head of steam as the year progresses!

80mins at the Marlow half in the worst conditions ever, probably promises a 75-76 elsewhere....

• Options
    Yes that's correct image he has had a very good year training wise, very consistent. He is hoping to get closer to those times on a flat fast half, so fingers crossed. image he is also quite strong on the hills as we have both done some fell races this year as well as the Marlow Hm!
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I remember him now, I had a chuckle with him 200metres in saying i'd "give him the money myself" if the 2 chaps who sped off like mentals beat us!

If he's doing that time today for xc, and the Marlow, he certainly needs to get some faster road stuff on his file quick smart...