Options

TVXC 2012/13 Thread

Comments

• Options

Hi All,

It was tough. About a minute quicker than last year, but I think I placed better this year.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

good runs folks.

Anyone done the Metros one?

Despite doing this series since 06, have never run Metros, is often cancelled, or I just bin it off!

• Options
    My favourite course - doing all the TVXC events
  • Options
    I quite like that one too, although its 2 or 3 laps but I don't mind that, and its all through woodland with a few hills to run up but longer hills rather than steepimage
  • Options

Metros is one I've always missed too. Is it suitable for spikes? I fell over at HX again....2 years in a row.

• Options

Still no results.....anyone from HX able to shed some light?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Interesting Sprint, what makes it your best one? First time for me all being well on Sunday. 3laps sounds an ass.

Iron, I used to be on the board, and am still on the circulation emails, it seems to be that because the website was re-arranged/re vamped or something, it's not quite as straight forward to enter and sort out results anymore...hence the long ish delay

• Options
    We think HX have not approved the results but changed the status to some kind of limbo

Just like the metros layout, nice couple of downhill sections
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

with 3 laps apparently there's a chance of some lapping type action. Must be good for the front types, but bad for those lower down!

• Options
    I will most certainly be lapped, I'm not right at the back but not too far away! I remember last year it was very narrow where we were being lapped too so it made it a bit awkward. I will try not to get in anyone's way ha ha! image

Looking forward to Sunday, but it would be nice to know how we got on at Handy x 1st image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

It's not going to be one of those races where you try so hard to take the best racing line that you later find your legs have been cut to pieces after is it? image

• Options

Looking forward to it!

I find it's my arms and shoulders that take the brunt of the holly etc. I didn't wear sunnies at HX and I there were a few low hanging branches that I had to avoid. I normally wouldn't bother.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Sunnies?! As in shades? It's the bleak mid winter.

Wearing shades outside the sunniest weather is a bit darn poserish old son!

• Options

Depends on your age SG - some of us older outdoor types have macular degeneration to worry about!  image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

older? you were one of Marlow's youngest women by far image

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Handy X results in.

Plenty of space at Metros for overtaking.

🙂

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Something to watch out for at the Metros XC. 

Its 0.7miles into the race. A deep mud hole if unwary. However to those in the know.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/madbess_twig.png

🙂

• Options
    How did everyone find it today? It was so muddy and hard going, and I managed to trip over and fall in the mud! image I had a few runners lap me but not too many, I quite enjoyed seeing you all go past! image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

First time doing this one, quite a nice race. That first hill each lap got progressively harder, but I didn't feel the supposed prolonged incline mid lap at all.

Happy with 6th today, your chap was ahead Claire, unclear whether he was 3rd or 4th.

• Options
    Hi Stevie, he finished 4th today but only by a second or two, he ran in with the 3rd placed guy, the other guy just had the legs to take 3rd. Glad u had a good run today, I think u did pass me, I was the RRR lady saying well done plastered in mud ha ha!
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

thanks! a fair few of those unlucky enough to be lapped did say some nice things, but unfortunately was breathing too hard to have anything to say back!

I heard a chap from Sprint's club say they would win the league if they fielded their top team.

Not sure he's aware how strong Reading's A team would be if they ever turned up! And they'd do well to beat Datchet and Sandhurst too.

• Options
    Yes they could be quite strong, I think we're hoping a few more may appear next week. Will u be running next week? Your team is also very strong.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Sandhurst have great strength in depth. Whereas your Datchet's might have a stack in the top 10, Sandhurst will have good coverage lower down too.

Reading have terrific women's coverage though, often 3 of the top 5!

But yes, next week is normally your big attendance funnily enough, seems having to travel more than a few miles puts them off image

Should be there myself, final pre Chrimbo race, quite a gruelling 2 lapper.

• Options
    we do have a good ladies team and they did well at the 1st fixture, hopefully some of them can make it next week. Bearwood is a tough course it will be nice just before Xmas though! image it's a lovely setting for a run. And also our cakes should be good image
  • Options

Cracking first outing at Metros today. I managed a 'looking good' to each person I lapped. Along with the usual "thanks marshall". Of course both greetings normally came out at Muuurrr, along with a lot of snot and spit, as usual...

Spikes were a good choice.

I felt sorry for the Sandhurst lass at the end, who was about to overtake a Burnham walker right at the end, until he sped up......then the Burnham guy turned left along the path instead of into the finish chute!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

looking good....apart from being lapped? image Hard to know what to say, and if you have the breath to do it, you're not working hard enough image

Cracking downhill ish finish!

That Burnham chap is a character. When I went onto the start of lap 2, he was just stood there applauding. He was obviously throwing a few walks into the mix today!

Can understand why he got the finish wrong...there is that proper path in the middle of the field for some reason!!

• Options

I have a repartie of about 4 phrase for when marshalling. I'm not sure anything came out clear enough to be understood.

Some tape across the path would have stopped that false move at the end, and also stopped the few who ran in to the tap during the start. I saw him stopped at the top of the long uphill drag too.

It always interests me to see what other people's races look like.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

The whole "lap round the cones" bit threw me at the start, as I was expecting a swift right hand turn into the woods and off.

Great second half to each lap though. Some real rampaging downwards fun.

Reading up next. Now that can be a dirge round those footy fields...especially first lap before the field spreads out.

• Options
    I regularly see that guy at races, I used to run near him but now normally quite a bit ahead. He always does a mixture of run/walk, I passed him today stood at the side clapping just after the start and said come on and he said he took the 1st hill too fast! Ha ha