Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options

Morning all. Not posted for a while image

3 miles to work this morning, icy conditions underfoot, but clear skies.

Gave my new trainers their first outing to no ill affects.

• Options

imageimage Change of heart from Icebreaker image They have agreed to send me a few pieces from their 'seeding' box (no idea what a seeding box is).

• Options
    /members/images/696878/Gallery/SEEDBOX.jpg

I'm guessing its not this seed box? image

• Options

Well done on getting some kit offers FFB (I've no idea what a seeding box is either) image.

Thanks Cragchick - that is useful to know about the Wigwams, I wasnt sure on the kettle front and was already plotting how I would get my paws on a cup of tea (obsessive?) imageimage. Hope you had a good day in the hills, and not too icy.

Nice weekend Elspeth image. Hey, don't get cold feet about the Fling, you will be fine, it will be a great forum meet-up day image. I'm certainly not going to be doing it fast (only 4 or 5? weeks after Thames race), but its a great day out and fabulous scenery nonetheless image.

Actually not a bad day here, about minus 1 when I did 13.1m this morning but warmed up as progressed, 2x external loops of Pollok park, not that icy and some paths gritted.

Apparently 'mega-snow' due on Friday imageimage. Good! cos I havent had chance to use my new trail shoes yet this year imageimage.

Have fun everyone, and train well image.

• Options

*retracts 'boo' to Icebreaker*image Great news you've filled the races too FFBimage

Thats a shame TP re: By The Way. I know the owner who is a runner herself. At least you've managed to sort something elseimage

Agree with cragchick about the wigwams. We've stayed in the huts at Pine Trees caravan park in Tyndrum and they're really comfy/cosyimage Good news on your ankle tooimage

Elspeth, you WILL be at the Fling this yearimage It'll be a hoot!

5 miles on the tready tonight. Didn't want to risk the icy pavements.

• Options

Quiet on here today. Rest day for me, although looks okay out.

Now they are saying the snow will miss most of West coast.....Pfffffft, they promise you something then cannot deliver image.....

• Options

afternoon

enjoy your rest TP!

out early this morning, cycled over to east end (approx 9-10 miles) 2 classes, swim, now visiting my sister, niece and nephew. Run was planned but legs are very heavy so have rescheduled. All in hand though, nothing catastrophic. Plan for rest of week now;
    Friday-Swim and 6 mile run

Saturday-long run and short 30min turbo (as per training plan)

Sunday-long cycle and short 4 mile run.

Really has went well this week to be honest and I'm pleased with progress even though I am feeling a bit stiff (probably to do with all the trainingimage).

Hoping for NO snow... hate the stuff, it just messes with my training image (well it wouldn't if it were actual snow and not just a dusting which then freezes and stays for 2 weeks!!image).

Well done on Icebreaker btw FFB image

My new shoes have arrived also so cant wait to give them a go asap!!

• Options

trying something different today - running in the evening. normally run early in the morning before the kids get up for school but the last couple of days i've just not managed to get up and out. think it is staying up to watch the tennis that is doing it. anyways, get frustrated so its out for a run after dinner this evening whilst kid 2 is at brownies and kid 1 is playing on the wii.

not use to running after a day of food and numerous cups of tea so i'm thinking its not going to go well. but as they say, you regret the runs you don;t do more than the runs you do do...

• Options

evening all. Rest day for me too. I did manage a weights session last night before going to GFT. Chasing Ice was very good and interesting. I had to work late today so decided that a rest day was in order.

Still looking for marshalls for Loch Katrine. Due to number of entries I am geing to have to draft in extra bodies.

• Options

Evening

Not on earlier as dropped nephew off at Glasgow airport at 545 this morning. Picking him up at 8pm.

• Options

Morning

4.5M Steadily done. No real bounce in my legs, felt kinda heavy. Cold, but dry out. No snow yet,

Morning Tri.

Catch up time now.

• Options

Yikes. Chilly here this morning, 3 miles uphiller done this morning. No sign of snow (yet)

• Options

afternoon...

fantastic swim this morning, longest I've ever done and well over the half IM distance and within the time. 2.4km, in 1hr 10. Limit is 1900m in 1hr 10. So I should be good, and that was with some lengths of kick/breast/back and pull buoy so obviously slower with them. Swim is really coming together.... image

Will be doing further weeks where bike is the big focus (when it gets a bit lighter at night etc) and also when running will be. Cant do everything...image

Run shortly and climbing tonight.

Bf has had some news re-work, they want him to go to USA for 3 months in April then again in October.... decisions have to be made....

• Options

Sounds good UTC.

I am hoping to get out for a short run when I finish work and if not I will jump on the spin bike.

• Options

sounds good UTC. glad the swimming is coming along.

run last night was rubbish. didn;t wait long enough after dinner before heading out so only managed a slow 5 miles. given the wind was getting up and the temp was dropping it wasn't the happiest run.

no snow yet but wind is blowing a gale. meant to be covering tennis coaching at the club tomorrow as head coach is off to a wedding but given the way the weather is heading i'm not sure any of the courts will be playable.

• Options

Good swimming Tri

• Options

Five miles last night. Migraine has developed overnigh so trying to get rid of it so that I can get out for long run today. May need to postpone to tomorrow.

• Options

morning FFB... (justimage)

hope the migraine settles. they can be nasty....

heading out very shortly for a longish trail run, cycling up to milngavie then run and cycle back. should be nice, cold but dry and fresh when out at the shop earlier so hopefully it stays that way!image

hope the tennis coaching goes well LB!!

• Options

A'noon

Snow just started out here in Erskine.

FFB: Hope you migraine goes , used to have them as a kid.

LB: Enjoy the tennis coaching.

• Options

Migraine cleared enough to go for run: 10.3 miles in the bag, but last mile a bit iffy due to residual migraine symptoms.Tried out my new icebreaker kit. They sent me a baselayer pace top and a mid layer vest (and some socks which I did not try today). I already had some baselayer tights. So it all went on and a I had a nice toasty run.

• Options

Ideal weather for Icebreaker kit FFBimage Hope thats the end of the migraine, well done for getting out.

We've still no snow BM!

Sounds good UTC, up the WHW?

Our club used to have blaes courts LB which meant they flooded if there was even a wee showerimage

Did a 16 mile run on the treadmill todayimage I was only going to do a half marathon but Footloose started playing so it gave me a boostimage More a lesson in mind-training than anything elseimage

• Options

just about thawed out after the coaching today. we had one court playable and kids only turned up for 2 of the 4 classes we run on a saturday but given the weather that was a bit of a result.

MrsMac, our carpet courts cope okay with the rain (unless its torrential) but the frost has been a real problem. the club got some new salt/sand mix to use on the carpet and it has worked a treat on the court we tested it on.

need to get out for a run tomorrow as i'm way behind my half marathon training for Katrine. 50 days to go.

i still wear icebreaker clothes i bought in new zealand when we were there 9 years ago!! its brilliant. especially when free!!! image

• Options

Pleased the swimming is going well UTC. Hope the migraine has cleared ffb.

Quite a good turn out at our parkrun this morning, considering snowy conditions. I strained left hamstring near the end and had to walk a bit. Doesn't seem too bad now; hope to run tomorrow.

• Options

Well done on all the runs, 16 miles on treadmill Mrs Mac - ugh! Maybe I should try it sometime!

You would need the icebreaker stuff today FFB - suspect you'll need more layers than that for antartic though!

Chilly run for us out with some of the group but then we split off and went along the coast from just south of Marwick Bay to Birsay, really lovely though very cold and fell a few times on slippery frozen grass.image Back into the wind on the roads which wasn't quite so nice and very cold. 18.3 miles. Not planning to leave the fireside tonight!

• Options

evening

yep through Mugdock MrsMac, some along theWHW... very nice. Very toasty in my new xmas thermal top and newly acquired (from a running friend, they didnt fit her) cycle leggings which kept me warm on the cycle up and back. Ran also with new shoes.. heels a bit sore now due to minor rubbing but nothing serious. A glorious day in Glasgow for a run.

Off to celtic connections tonight, Kila (an Irish band bf knows) are playing and a few from the running club are going so should be a nice night.

Long cycle, short run/swim tomorrow before returning to work Monday.image

Nice miles Elspeth.

Respect to you MrsMac... I could never do that distance on a dreadmill....

FFB glad the migraine settled enough for a run and the coaching went well LB.

Hope the hamstring is ok Alison.image

I need to go get ready now... have a good night people.

• Options

Hope the hamstring ok Alison.

Good session UTC, and it was a lovely day for training in Glasgow.

Well done on the treadmill Mrs Mac, I remember the days when I used to do that.

Elspeth that sounds like a good session too.

Longbow coaching in this weather must have been freezing. Well done. I am sure you will be fine for Loch Katrine.

• Options

Insomnia image

Just discovered I have no clean kit imageimage No recovert run, will have to go on spin bike instead