Options

The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Options

What did Dr #1 say lfc - refresh my memory....

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

vixx, too many nuts and dried fruit, cakes etc etc...

lots better lfc, thank goodness. Hope you can run soon

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

How is everyone?

• Options

Morning everyone.

Been absolutly hectic lately.

Anyway, I saw another doctor yesterday after having more x-rays and prodding around, I got told I need to go for a scan. More waiting.

How is everyone?

• Options

I'm full of lurgy, a week before Amsterdam! This cannot be allowed to continue! image

Sorry to hear of your problems yesterday lfc - I presume MRI scan?

• Options

Probably a CT scan, they can waste more time that way.

Hope your lurgy is sorted soon. At least you're into your taper, if that's any consolation.

• Options

I don't taper any more image

This one will be my tenth this year image

Push for an MRI scan - you need this sorted out, because you might be causing further damage. image

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lfc sorry to hear your probs are ongoing, hope it can be sorted soon

vixx, wish you better, oh what a pain eh

weigh in btw, 10st 2 just under which is better..

• Options

Wabo - it could be worse. It could have happened NEXT weekend image

• Options

Morning everyone

I haven't been around for a while as I still can't run at the moment.

I had a MRI scan last week and will be finding out the results at the beginning of December. Hopefully then I can get things sorted.

Vixx - Did Amsterdam go well?

How are you doing Wabo?

If anyone else is lurking, how are things?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi lfc, my weight is creeping up I am sorry to say!! Did Snowdonia Marathon which was amazing and then didn't run for three weeks  - part rest part lurgy(but started again Saturday) Hope to shift excess soon..

Sorry to hear you are still not running, hope you can soon

• Options

Hello image

Sorry that you still can't run lfc - that's got to be getting frustrating now image

Wabo - let the lurgy shift, enjoy the running break and then get back to it when you are feeling better.

10 days to surgery now.  I'll put this here, pass the word around if necessary, but I want NOTHING put on my FB page about the surgery as I have 3 clients with breast cancer (one is stage 4 and having a mastectomy just after I have mine), and I feel it would be inappropriate to 'celebrate' me getting rid of mine, when these ladies are frightened that they will lose more than just a breast.

I don't really know how to request this of people as I'll be in for 2 days and so unable to control what goes on my wall in that time, but most people have a rough idea of when it is.  Private message are fine as I can answer them when I get back, but not sure how to get that message out :S

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi vixx absolutely understand where you are coming from and no way would I post on fb. Will inbox you here.

I hope it goes well for you vixx.

I ran slowly last night and you may think I am mad, well you will actually, but I have two races this weekend.  Tbh I feel well and am coughing very sporadically. SUre I am good now.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh and I weighed today... 10st 7lbs, how did I get back there!! Its still 8lbs away from my worst but I am not too happy with my belly!

• Options

Hi Vixx and Wabo

Don't worry Vixx, no way on earth I would post anything like that on FB. Best of luck with the surgery, it's been a while coming.

Wabo - Yes, I think your crazy and I'm very jealous. As Vixx says, get over the lurgy, and take things slow. I'm sure the weight will soon come off as it has before.

I'm doing light exercise and exploring new recipes to help keep the weight off. It's driving me crazy waiting for the results of my MRI. Don't see the surgeon until the 5th December.

• Options

Thanks lfc image

Wabo - just eat sensibly for now - we are about to enter the mad season after all.....

• Options
    Good luck with your races this weekend Wabo.
  • Options

Morning everyone.

How did the races go Wabo?

Vixx - only a week to go now. image

• Options

I know lfc - how fast will that week fly.......?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

race 1 I came last! It wasn't a great run, not sure quite why but maybe combo of not been training, extra pudding on my belly + having been unwell! But race two was fun and a much better run so a good weekend at the end of the day.  Race two was the third leg of the three molehills run in Dorking.   A lovely place to run and maybe next year I will do the second leg or the whole thing, not sure yet.

I know the weight will come off but it is disappointing to have kept at 10st for so long- trying not to get fed up about it.  LFC you are right though at least I can run. Hope you will soon

• Options
    Thanks Wabo, sounds like you had a fun day anyway. The weight will soon disappear but you can't expect too much at this time of year.
  • Options

How are you doing lfc?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lfc, the Christmas biscuits have already started rolling into work.... resisting so far...

• Options

Hi everyone

Good luck today Vixx.

Wabo - We don't get any biscuits here, Christmas or otherwise, so if it gets to much in your place, you can always pass some over here. image

• Options

Hellooooooo *waves*

I'm home image

• Options
    Hello Vixx

Did everything go alright?

I've just got back from the hospital and I've been told that they need to fix my meniscus and that I've got a tear in my acl along with wear and tear. I go in, probably next month, to get it sorted, not the acl though as they don't think it's a problem. If they find is worse than they think when they get in there, that will be a separate operation. Fingers crossed that I can start running again soon.
  • Options

I will keep my fingers crossed for you LFC.

I am OK thanks - just on paracetemol and ibuprofen when required, so I'm happy image

• Options

Morning everyone

How are you feeling today Vixx?

Wabo - have you been resisting those biscuits?

I had a cooked breakfast yesterday for the first time in a while and wasn't really that keen on is as it tasted greasy even though none of it was fried. I must be getting used to a healthier diet.