Options

Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

Comments

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Maxs Mum - thanks image How are you feeling? It's so up and down with this voting. I see that it's a tug of war in all the groups.

Only a day and a half to go and we can all breath again.

Have you managed to get any running in?

I did zero over the weekend but I will get out later today.

• Options

haha, you should all wear GPS Trackers, and however many votes you get is timed by the amount of miles you complete whilst the voting is going on image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

booktrunk - lol image Love it! Though to be fair we might need to come up with some quality vs quantity equation to allow for speedwork. 

That said if it was done on that basis then at the moment I would definitely lose!

• Options
    Booktrunk sounds like a great idea, but I'd be tempted to 'lend' mine to my utrarunning friend!

Malcs it was quite exciting yesterday, I was in front for a couple of hours but now second again.

I tell you whatever the result I can't help but be overwhelmed by the support!

Went out for hour and a half yesterday which cleared the head a bit!
  • Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Hi Malcs,

I've just chased up my FB, the Paris Thread, and about twenty odd email contacts that will be surprised to hear from me.  Good moment to break the ice.  This is tighter than a Scotsman's wallet !  Which reminds me are we going to get paid for our efforts ?  Good luck. And stop reading this and get rounding up more votes. 

• Options

Looking Good Malcs,

I'll have another promoting session tonight. See if we can break 2000 votes.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I've been tweeting.... image  This is such fun!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

This is the most excitement the forum has seen for ages! but I'm sorry it's stressing the competitors out! The rest of us are having a ball image

• Options

I agree jenf, I remember last year and quite frankly it put me off for a while, forums and the competition.  (even started to wear Saucony, not because of the comp though)

It is fun and I've never used social media so much, ended up tweeting various celebrities to see if I can get a retweet. (Now if someone could explain what I have just written then I would appreiciate it)

• Options

@Malcs - Fringe was one of the best programmes on TV. Gutted it finished but at least they gave us a proper ending (Unlike Lost).

Are you watching The Tunnel at the moment on Sky Atlantic? That is brilliant.

GJE

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Maxs Mum - wow, I didn't check the other groups while I was away so I missed that you'd taken the lead. Sorry that you lost it again but you're not far behind! 

I agree, the support has been amazing - I'm blown away.

PC - lol image You get paid in sweat - my sweat! 

Minni - you continue to be brilliant! image

Jen - glad you are enjoying the process. I'll be glad when it's over and I can book in at the nearest psych ward!

Reg - I remember you dropped off the radar, which was our loss. However, it's great to see you back here! I hope you will continue to hang around after the competition is decided no matter what the result.

I haven't been much of a tweeter either and I only used Facebook when I had something important to say. I agree, it has been quite fascinating. My re-tweet from Liz McColgan was amazing - still buzzing about that image

• Options

Looks like there is a late surge of votes Malcs, when does voting close?

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Gareth - sorry, caught in a cross post there.

I can't agree more! Lost was so painful in the end. Still getting over it image

Yeah, watching the Tunnel - that's great too although we are several behind. Mind you we watched the Bridge as well so kind of know the story. The Bridge was brilliant and the actress that played Saga was just fantastic.

So it seems to be you and Denise head to head at the moment. All the groups are tough but your group is one of the toughest. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

KR - I know, it's been amazing! Voting closes tomorrow at noon.

Did it feel this stressful when you were going through it? 

Did you make the voting twice or was it bootcamp one year and voting the next?

• Options

Malcs - The Tunnel has been done in several languages as well. I've not been the Bridge but as it was from the makers of Broadchurch I thought I'd give it a go.

Denise and myself are doing well. I'm sure it will come to an exciting end. 

GJE

• Options

Yep, was on the forums all the time.

Even 2 years on, I think the social media side of things is a lot bigger now and is playing a part in voting. As a lot of people are more likely to be checking into Facebook & Twitter, these kind of things pop up in your newsfeed etc.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Cheers KR!

Totally unrelated to running or the competition but my company is now being followed by none other than the maker of R2-D2, Tony Dyson - how cool is that?!! image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs had a few hundred lead earlier but Marcus is closing in again....

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

It looks like going right down to the wire! keep going team Malcsimage

• Options

only 2 vote in front now! Got to stop looking!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I can't stand the tension! image

• Options

This is like watching Mo Farah at the Olympics, except in extreme ssslowww motion! image. Not good for blood pressure...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL - 25 behind now image

• Options

Hmmm which baldie is Mo Farah... I don't want to bring up GNR.... Phew, I still have that on my sky+ box! that was the best race I've seem and Mo didn't even win!

• Options

Yikes it's worse at the top when you can almost taste it. Minni will definitely still be going for it at London if I don't get this, will be bugging you all for advice tooimage

Malc - stop looking it's not good  for you remember 'the force is with you' ( I love star wars) image

• Options

malc.just put it on my running club facebook page....we are not a big club though but hopefully will get you a couple extra

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Well done Seren! Every last vote may make all the difference. 

• Options

and i can't start to tell you what i had to do for my hubby to use his logon and vote for you....image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Seren, I am very grateful but please, please keep the details of this particular operation to yourself, there could be children reading this image

Kirsty - I know, I know but I can't resist. Haven't looked for at least 10 mins image