Options

Kirsty White sub 3.30 Asics 26.2

124»

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Thanks Little Ninja for being proactive.

Minni - it shouldn't put me off but it does. 

• Options

Well done Little Ninja.

Kirsty, sorry that the actions of someone you know have upset people- not your doing, and hopefully doesn't change peoples opinions. You have done well, and look forward to hearing from you here on in, in whatever capacity image

PS Mohammad needs some 'feedback'....

• Options

Nice friends you have Kirsty..

Any chance we can know the name of your running club ?

Just so we can avoid it of course 

• Options

Not Kirtsy fault.....we all have twatty friends.......and hopefully this friend hasn't caused her too much support...

hopefully the wait will be over for all of you soon

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I think we should be posting on Mohammad's thread not Kirsty's. This clearly has nothing to do with her. 

Kirsty, just wanted to wish you the best of luck for the final sprint finish. You deserve this as much as any of us and if you win I'll be right behind you (I have history in the sidekick department so I know what I'm doingimage).

You are a great competitor and alot of fun too. It was a pleasure campaigning in this category and whilst it hasn't been easy I have had a blast.

See you on the other side! image 

• Options

Noone is blaming Kirsty Malcs, and I would have posted on one of Mohammed's threads if he had one. Unfortunately he doesn't as far as I could see.

• Options

And breath it's Over!!

Really sorry guys it ended on a bad note on here!

thanks for ALL comments that say it's not my fault if I'd of spotted it sooner would definitely sorted it sooner!

Some people have a different sense of what's fair play & Mohammed now knows this IS NOT what I call fair play. I do know him he's very new to the club and has certainly got far too carried away with this.

Good luck everyone in all the categories, it looked ridiculously close!!!  

& one person very misguided actions surely are not a reflection on an excellent supportive running club. image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Little Ninja - that's good to know. I suspect he won't be rushing to start one now image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Well battled Kirsty.  Whoever wins this category they very much deserve it. image

• Options

As Minni said Kirsty. 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Kirsty, I just wanted to say well done on a brilliantly fought campaign. It felt very much like the 5K time trial where we both crossed the line at the same time but 100x more stressful!

Whatever happens next I wish you all the best with your running. You have been amazing and the amount of support you've had just shows what a popular person you are.

As I said on my thread, if you get the nod, I will be right behind you.

• Options

Thanks Minni, Tim & Malc who ever gets this will be great at it, Asics picked a great 4 to do battle! 

imageimageimage

• Options

I got 10 of us at work to vote......good luck!

• Options

how many of the 10 will start reading and posting on RW nowimage

• Options

Probably not too many as they may well all be out actually running image

& with that said I will be drowning my sorrows in a run (finally) to get some happy endorphins wizzing round! image I've quite forgotten I LOVE TO RUN!!

• Options

Was great competing with you Kirsty, we all gave it a good go image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Kirsty - sorry you didn't get through but hope you stick around. I'd love to see you crack that 3:30 (and I'm sure you will). 

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Brilliant campaign Kirsty! Shame there can only be one winner! I was beaten last year by a returner, RRR. I was delighted for her although a bit gutted myself but within a few days the forums had got me through it and I had a great winters training.

Nearly everyone who lost out at this stage last year achieved their goals so stick around and reap the rewards!

• Options

Thanks  Marcus and sorry you lost out too!

Thanks Minni & DS2 will keep you posted on the 3.30 progress & look forward to hearing about your running now this is over. image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Kirsty, I've said it before but I'll say it again, you've approached this competition with great spirit and a wonderful sense of humour. 

The result in the end must surely have been down to only a few votes. After being behind yesterday early on you came right back into it. I even heard you had Dame Kelly Holmes retweeting you!

Your support base is clearly massive and with them behind you anything is possible. 

Good luck and please don't go away - these forums need you!

One final matter - will we ever find out who Shane The Train is?!

• Options

Ha ha good old Shane the Train. He just needs to tell me which one I was. Clearly he should have said 'the one with the full head of hair'  He said Id struggle image

• Options
    I don't think any of you in the sub 3:30 category will struggle. It looks like they purposely selected candidates with a high chance of reaching their goals. So have some faith whatever Shane says! And do we really think he's famous?! Seems odd that he was in awe of SM's 3:22 time if he really is a famous marathon runner.
  • Options

Well done everyone, a really close battle right to the end. Good luck to all of you, and I wish you all success in the challenges you set yourselves.

(Shane the Train has just left the track) image

• Options

Personally I prefer Ivor the Engine. image

• Options

Superman image funny as eva!

Malc - and don't forget Paula Radcliffe if we are name dropping, can't take the credit tho that's down to Andi Jones dare I say it (in my eyes) an awesome local runner. I will stick around as long as Tim promises to stay & keep making me laugh.image

On the subject of the train we may never know but a little birdie tells he is the real deal & there would be no mistaking his awesomeness!

Slowkoala - agree don't think coaching any of us was going to be too hard, definitely a strong group. they may of struggled keeping me of the Vino thoimage