Options

2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Been busy! 997km 

1017 To Go.

Cnut the great got married to that Emma woman from Normandy I do believe. 

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning.  Good work guys, booktrunk, matty and Andi you're really going for it, keep it up image

I'm now up to to 568 km .  1446 to go, which incidentally is the year the Blarney Stone was set into its tower. 

Taking a break for a bit as got myself in a little car accident which means running's now taking a back seat.  Good luck with the goal and I'll rejoin when possible.

• Options
    Dan DriscDan Drisc ✭✭✭

Last run of May (a low mileage month with only 101km done) takes me to 870km for the year, which leaves 1144, the year whwn the blood libel first appears in England.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hi. My highest mileage month has helped, 268km with tomorrow to go, might get a decent run in tomorrow, if not then on Sunday.

From my point of view excellent news.  I'm up to 1009 km so 1005 to go!! image Over half way, I can have Nov and Dec off at this rate image

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

End of May report (as I won't even think of running tomorrow).

A mere 46k due to hamstring injury which feels a long way off clearing up!

That leaves 1314 to go: a significant year in the Scottish calendar given Robert the Bruce's victory at Bannockburn.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Alehouse image injuries suck

• Options

emzap, take care and hope it wasn't too serious?

alehouse, fingers crossed it heals up soonest! 

Steph, stonking month for you and broke the 1,000k barrier nice and early!

I seemed to still be in recovery from my April Marathon at the start of the month and a bad back has kept me from running all week until today. So, just 115 miles for May, lowest mileage of the year but the fastest average pace of 10:07mm. Oh, and my highest average Heart Rate of the Year of 73% of MAX image

I was over 100 miles ahead of plan but now just 36 image

So, 870 miles complete and 1144 left to go, 1144 Aboe 'l-Kasim Mahmoed ibn Omar al-Zapowersjari, the theologist, dies aged 69.

• Options

emzap and alehouse - Ouch - get better soon.

End of the month update time for me image

Jan: 129m | 207.61km
    Feb: 172m | 276.81km
    Mar: 158.26m | 254.7km
    Apr: 103.32m | 166.28km
    May: 157.48m | 253.44km
    Jun: 12.61m | 20.29km

TOTAL: 733m | 1179km

Which leaves 518m/835km to go. With 30 complete weeks to go, thats just 17miles per week in order to meet the target. 

Best part of 158 miles for May. Considering I'm not marathon training, I am delighted with that level of mileage. Mostly toped up from going from 5 days a week running pre-mara, to 6 days a week running post-mara. If I can carry this through I hope I can maintain 6 day a week training into next years spring marathon (Which I am all but convinced I am going to do, despite swearing I never would again...) which will carry a huge milage boost and let me set an ambitious target time.

835 is the year the Vikings raised dorestad

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Great running Matt.

i'm up to 1063km so 951 to go.

if everything goes well on the 21st I'll run 111km which is a decent chunk and If I get to the end will really finish the first six months off in a great way, leaving me in a great place half way through the year. 

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

BT: what do you have that's 111k on the longest day?

No running here! In fact struggling to walk at times: from stretch, stretch, stretch the advice is rest, rest, rest...and my hamstrings say I need to!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

The Wall Carlisle to Newcastle. 69m/111km image

• Options
    VTrunnerVTrunner ✭✭✭

Hi Andi! Just saw this thread and thought I'd add to it. Currently at 993m for the year. On target for 2014. How are you feeling? Haven't seen you over at the other thread in a while? Have you rebounded yet or still working back to full energy?

• Options

VT, your right, I've all but fallen off the HADD wagon for a while image  I think it's a mix of the heat and my want (nay need) to keep this 'streak' of monthly pace improvements goingimage June would be my 7th month in a row where I have run faster than the previous month but alas my AHR is now up from 72.87% in November to 76.6% in June! Pace wise it's come down from 12:16mm to 9:55 in June.

I'll pop in over the weekend and try to catch up - glad to hear your back running, that must have been a scare for you!

Oh, and back on topic, 904 miles complete (14 of them barefoot) so have just passed my Nov 2013 total miles run. That puts me about 40 miles ahead of target so not that much leeway.

1110 miles to go and apparently nothing happened in 1110 image

• Options

I'd say 111km is a bit more than "decent" - Best of luck, that sounds lime a beast of a challenge!

End of week summary. Another steady 35 miles this week, which leaves me 780km to go.

780 being the year Constantine VI became the emporer of the Byzantine Empire, replacing Leo IV who died.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Curses, I should have ran another .8 of a km 1099.2km so far so....  915 left.

William the 3rd of Aquitaine was born this year. 

• Options

Due to a taper and a race, only 23 miles this week - though my body feels like its done many, many more!! 70m in June so far, 790 overall leaving me 462m/744km to go.

744 was a busy year for the Lombards, with 2 kings being crowned over the year. Hilbrand first, who was then succeeded by Ratchis 

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Been tapering for a bit so my milage is way down. Done lots of hill walking but that doesn't count.  So up at 1124km so far.

Another 6.4 - 8 tonight so up to 1130 by the weekend.  Then fingers crossed, i'll be able to add another 111 to the total.

• Options

Almost halfway folks, how's it going for you all?

Today's run took me over 1,000 miles for the year (by 0.116) so (just) another 1014 miles to go. I should reach the halfway mark next Tuesday and reach my 2013 total mileage of 1119 miles on Thursday image

In 1014 Sweyn Forkbeard, Viking king of Denmark, Norway and England (1013-14), dies. 

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

First DNF after 92km yesterday another 3km today. up to 1224.

790 km left which is good image way over half way, and can squeeze a few more km into June, but not manyimage 

790 of course the year Alcuin moved back to England 

• Options

Ah no, sorry to hear about the DNF image with "only" 19km to go. Hopefully not a serious injury or anything?

Had the opportunity to get a lift to work on Friday which opened up the possibility of a run home. Its about 10 miles by road, but some of it isn;t safely runnable so cracked out the OS map and found some "footpaths".  Should have been about 11.5m. The paths were very poorly maintained, got a bit lost, and my legs were ruined from running through brush, nettles etc. On the plus side I did see a wild deer! So that boosted my weekly milage to higher than expected.

837 miles completed, 415m/667km to go.

667 being the year Wighard, archbishop of canterbury, died of bubonic plague after returning from Rome after his consecration.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Well back out doing a little bit of gentle running this weekend image 

1247 km's in total.

767km to go.  Not going to run tomorrow so that's it for the first six months of the challenge. bit ahead of target! My minimum plan for the year was to run and walk 1,000 miles for the year.  I've done 995 miles so far this year image I'm not sure if it's realistic but my plans having me increase my running in the second half of the year, lets see if I can do that without getting injured, it would be nice image

767, as you know the year that Pope Paul 1st died, in fact it was yesterday (give or take a few years) the 28th of June.

• Options

Wow, the halfway point! That came around quickly! Its close enough to the end of the month. Doing a usual route tonight so I know how much my end of month totals will be as of 7pm tonight.

Jan: 129m | 207.61km
    Feb: 172m | 276.81km
    Mar: 158.26m | 254.7km
    Apr: 103.32m | 166.28km
    May: 157.48m | 253.44km
    Jun: 150m | 241.4km

TOTAL: 864m | 1390.5km
    Remaining: 388m | 623.5km

So hopefully I'll hit my target around Mid September!

623 beign the year Lui Heita, rebel leader during the Tang Dynasty, died 

TOTAL: 733m | 1179km

• Options

Blasting through your targets BT!

As long as you continue and don't take a long break from Mid September Matty! Gr8 stats and yup 623 was a sad year Lui Heita followers.

Been a slow 2 weeks for me, no running for 10 days with a bad back (hopefully fixed) and then man flu rears it's ugly head - I've managed 3 short runs this week but need at least a day to recover each time.

However, today I passed the halfway point and passed my 2013 total (1,019 miles)! Just 994 miles to go now and currently only 9 miles behind target so hoping for no more downtime this year.

994 was a very slow year but did see the birth of Muhammad ibn Hazm, historian/jurist/author of Islamic Spain.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

up to 1303 km so 711 km (just under 442 miles)  to go.

• January 245
    • February 202
    • March 130
    • April 164
    • May 291
    • June 217
    • July (so far) 54
  • Options

Another 35 miles for me this week, good consistent weekly mileages and I can really feel it, my legs are now getting much more used to the 6 runs a week regime. Just in time for me to up the mileage a bit to get nearer the 40 mark for half training.

Exactly 900 miles for the year, 1448km leaving me 352mi, 566km to go.

566 being the year that Ainmuire mac Sétnai became High King of Ireland for a mere 3 years from 566–569

• Options

Highest weekly mileage for me since marathon training in March at 43 miles. Total so far 943m/1517km leaving me 309m/497km to go.

497 being the year the Shaolin Temple was founded.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Woohoo image well done Matty.

I had a bit of a slow couple of weeks done about 105km so far this month. 1354Km in total so far.

So 660km to go. Not a very exciting year to be honest King Crandomna of Scotland died in this year, good old Domangart mac Domnaill took over of course.

Struggling at bit this month I must admit, have a few aches and pains, a dodgy right arm hasn't helped, nor has falling over and taking a chunk out of my left elbow, and i have a decent sized bruise on my right knee.

So might have a very lazy couple of weeks, and try to recharge my batteries, but can catch up a bit at the end of the month as I've got my first back to back marathon weekend coming up, that's if I can cope doing them both in the limit which is 6 hours for each day.

• Options

Ouch, sounds nasty! You are well ahead of target though so feet up a bit can only be a benefit image

Yep, the more the years go down the less interesting stuff wikipedia has about it! 

Back to back marathons?? You are chuffing mad! I'm only just building up the courage to enter a second marathon ever, a year apart, yet alone 2 on the same weekend!!

• Options

End of week report. 37.5 miles for me this week which takes me to 981m/1578km for the year. Almost at my original 1000 mile target I set before I got involved with you mob!

436km to go.

436 being the year Chu Lingyuan, last emporer of the Jin Dynasty, died.

• Options

Coming a little late to the party, but hoping to get to 2014km this year... stats so far:

758.2M (1213.1km) so only 500.6M (800.9km) to go...

Earlier this month I passed my 2013 miles total (670M) so rather chuffed with that! still got 2 marathons and a 50K planned this year so barring injury hopefully I'll surpass the 2014 mark!