Options

jobseekers allowance

Comments

• Options

We have a proper system here  for immigration or seeking asylum. People who seek(no pun intended) to bypass it by breaking the law should be automatically disqualified from being allowed to stay. 

• Options

Having said that, we of course don't know the full details of their plight.

• Options
    Agreed PC

I bet I can't enter Saudi and claim benefits

If there is a genuine reason to apply for asylum, then apply. To try and enter illegally should result in them being sent back to the last port of call.

If you are so scared, what is wrong with staying in Belgium or France ? But no... Let's all go to the UK and let the tax payers there stump up
  • Options

You sound as if you read the headlines and made your mind up there and then.

Nobody knows at the moment where these people thought they were heading. And unless you were the one that trafficked them then, neither do you.

Apart from anything else you clearly know bugger all about Sikhs - they are hard working and community orientated  - if they were coming here it will have been to work, not to earn benefits. 

• Options
    It doesn't matter ! They entered illegally ! You have to present yourself at the border and claim asylum

If you enter in the back of a 49 ft ISO container you have attempted to circumvent due process, so tough off you go back whence you came
  • Options

Luckily you aren't in charge of that process.

• Options
    Doesn't matter, the process is still that they will get shipped out

You of course would let any waif or stray ( or pretending to be thus) into the country to sponge off the tax payer
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

It said in one of the reports that the UK is still seen as the land of milk and honey! 

• Options

Who would you like to be in charge of immigration. Dave or some hippy dipshit who wants to let everybody in? We'd all soon be in chaos with the latter and living in a land of hate and conflict. Much like the lands where these people are fleeing from in the first place. 

• Options
    Scream is a hippy dipshit ! Lol lol lol
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Britain was having Sikhs do it's dirty work in Afghanistan a hundred years ago. 13 dehydrated kids really isn't worth getting your knickers in a twist over. 

And yeah chance of a scrawny dark skinned kid from a war torn shithole coming over  ere, getting a job, paying taxes, doing a bit of running, winning gold medals..becoming say reigning Olympic, world and European champion at 5000 and 1000 metres? no way. It'll never happen here. Send em 'ome.

Oh

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Whenever Sikhs are mentioned I can't help but think of the one I saw, flooring his new Porche Turbo going up Sudbury Court Drive.

🙂

• Options

. Mo was a genuine asylum seeker and as far as I know his family played by the rules. It's insulting to compare him to illegal immigrants.

• Options

and why is english spoken so freely across the world.............because we traveled around the world stealing what we wanted by force....at the expense of the locals living there......

we built our country and wealth from abusing our power in other countries..

the world is very unequal in wealth now.................so why are we surprised that people will come here for a share/............At least they are not using the force of destruction that we did to try and access the wealth pot.........

but as we have no power and the other countries have the same weapons.........then we want the rules changed and that everyone now should be happy with what they have and stay away...

• Options

No one is surprised. Why are you saying they are?

• Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Scream is a hippy dipshit ! Lol lol lol

No, I'm just someone who doesn't see the entire world in black and white and make prounouncements from a position of great comfort and ignorance.

You know full well that if it was you in the same situation you'd be putting number one first (as you do now) and doing whatever you needed to do for your kids.

Do you think Jews fleeing Nazis stood on the border waving their persecutors goodbye? No, they sneaked out with false documents and worried about the legal stuff later. This isn't very different.

Actually it isn't different at all...

• Options

Fleeing Germany is one thing but you still have to enter New York harbour the right way. You can't treat the people in New York the same way as the Nazis. It seems like those Afghans had a good case to get asylum. Doesn't the rules state that it is the first country they come to? That wouldn't be the UK

• Options

Not sure why you have to deem me having a point of view ignorance, just because it isn't the same as yours ?

I am very clear, I fully understand and support people attempting to flee persecution for what ever reason from the country they are in. And that parents should have the right to raise their kids in safety.

what I don't agree with is why they all have to come to the UK !

People fleeing Africa on small boats to Italy, Under the EU Asylum Charter they HAVE to claim asylum when they come ashore in the first country they arrive in...

But Nope, Lets run across Europe to the UK cos they are fully of hippy dipshits and instead of a field full of tents and buckets for facilities in a camp in Italy, the UK they will give you money and a semi in Basildon.

Have you seen how hard it is to get rid of people who don't have a genuine claim to stay in the UK, Human rights etc etc drags on for years and all at the UK tax payers expense.

France on the other hand ... You didn't claim when you arrived in Italy, You don't really have a case, don't like the cut of your jib... And they are rounded up and stuck on a plane.

It's the fact that the UK has become such a soft touch that I object too

• Options

Seems to be a disease on here at the moment of people saying that anyone who disagrees with them is ignorant. 

• Options

Scream - your last line is the biggest piece of shit I have ever written and you show your complete ignorance. The Taliban has discriminated against Sikhs for years and it is no surprise many have left Afghanistan for mainly India (they are free to move across the border today!). They have not had to flee to other countries with bullets flying past their heads and there is no evidence that Sikhs are being murdered by the Taliban.

I am not aware of the facts on the current illegal immigrants but to imply they are fleeing to save their lives as no basis.

To liken this to the Jews fleeing the Nazis is a disgrace.

• Options
    Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Scream - your last line is the biggest piece of shit I have ever written and you show your complete ignorance. The Taliban has discriminated against Sikhs for years and it is no surprise many have left Afghanistan for mainly India (they are free to move across the border today!). They have not had to flee to other countries with bullets flying past their heads and there is no evidence that Sikhs are being murdered by the Taliban.

I am not aware of the facts on the current illegal immigrants but to imply they are fleeing to save their lives as no basis.

To liken this to the Jews fleeing the Nazis is a disgrace.

You're taking the piss right?

Did you know that Sikhs in Afghanistan have to wear markings to show that they are Sikh? Where has that happened before? Oh wait...

• Options
    Brilliant Scream, you get funnier by the moment...

Don't Sikh's wear a very visible demonstration of their faith at all times ?
  • Options

Scream - yes and that happened a decade ago. Sikhs and Hindus (and Muslims come to that) travel from Afghanistan to India on a daily basis, mainly to as medical tourists. The Jews could not leave Germany and as well as having to wear marks to show they were Jewish they were killed. Your comparison is not only factually not correct it is offensive.

• Options

Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Brilliant Scream, you get funnier by the moment...

Don't Sikh's wear a very visible demonstration of their faith at all times ?

Hassidic Jews were easily recognisable in Nazi Germany - they still had to wear a yellow star.

And you do realise that female Jews and female Sikhs do not necessarily wear anything that marks out their religion?

You're right, it would be funny - except it isn't.

• Options
    Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Scream - yes and that happened a decade ago. Sikhs and Hindus (and Muslims come to that) travel from Afghanistan to India on a daily basis, mainly to as medical tourists. The Jews could not leave Germany and as well as having to wear marks to show they were Jewish they were killed. Your comparison is not only factually not correct it is offensive.

The only difference I can see is that they are not being killed at the moment. Do we give it time and allow another Holocaust? Or do we accept that they have reason to fear the Taliban (you know, the famously tolerant Taliban) and also accept that they want to flee - perhaps not always in ideal circumstances?

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

I don't envy them but I know how the Op feels when you can contribute all your life and when you need help you get a big FU and people get here for a few minutes and get everything.

Actually, the OP made no comment whatsoever about other people and what they do or don't get, only that he couldn't claim JSA despite having worked for all his adult life.

So we have a whole thread arguing about illegal immigrants - again.

• Options
    They are not illegal immigrants they are persecuted asylum seekers
  • Options

all in this country Dave......you got your facts for that.........

syria as an example......

Lebanon   1,100,000
    Jordan     606,999
    Turkey   804,000
    Traq     229,000

down to swededn   17.000

The figure is so low for the UK .. that it isn't even shown........

so it might feel like the worlds refugees are all coming here...but the facts remain that the majority don't travel far at all

• Options
    So there isn't a camp at Calais ?