Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

That's bloomin amazing AF! Well done you! After my recent 22 miler I can't imagine 38 miles and with that time too. I think you're great! x

• Options

awesome boss!! 

• Options

Wow! AF, that is brilliant! Congratulations. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone says when they finish an Ultra image

• Options

Cheers everyone..... not changed my nind yet!!!!!! 

• Options

Hi Everyone I am back from Lisbon and we had a great time. Such a beautiful city.

AF I was thinking about you when I was running in the Lisbon Half   you are amazing I cannot imagine running 38 miles. I find marathons tough enough. Superstar. Hope your legs aren't too sore and that your back is alright.

I really enjoyed my race although it was too hot for me for racing. Did it in 2.01.12 which I kinda thought I would do it in 2hrs or thereabouts. Speaking to others it would seem that most people were 10-15 mins more than their best time. I was more pleased with my placings Came in the top 15% for my age category image

Would recommend anyone to go over and do this BUT it is a road race so not for trail junkies image

Hope everyone is well

• Options

Thanks Franny- My legs are still very achey went out this morning for a 3 miler - my 1st run - since Sunday and was struggling with 9.30 minute miles no speed in my legs at the moment. Will run with the ladies tomorrow and away for the weekend with Mrs AF to Cheltenham so no running until Monday. You did really well in Lisbon so taking 10-15 minutes off due to heat easy sun 1.50! Back is getting better. Meant to have a 10 mile race on Sunday week- but unless I get some speed in my legs I am not sure if I will do it.  

• Options

well done franny!

sorry, was a bit busy at work this week and didn't have much chance to get onliine

Yorkshire marathon today

well, I managed to resist the temptation to stay in bed this morning. Bumped into another runner in the hotel this morning and her husband offered me a lift up to the start area, and they gave me one of those cheapo ponchos to keep warm in while waiting for the start!

The first 18 miles were in thick fog, then the sun came out, and OH was also there at that point, and I switched to walk and eat a banana with him for a little and never actually started running again! My dodgy knee was feeling sore and there was an uphilll bit and I thought actually it would be quicker just to power walk it, and indeed I ended up overtaking loads of people with my power walk. OH was waiting for me again at the 23 mile mark and he walked along with me up to about half mile to go - those were the hardest few miles ever, and I was so pleased to finish. Getting away from York wasn't the most fun, and now I am shattered and have no idea how I am going to get through work tomorrow!

• Options

Well done MC. Sounds like a hard race especially in the fog. Shame about the fog as I suspect that it is quite a scenic marathon.

I haven't run since Friday- giving myself a little rest after last Sunday. Hoping to find some speed in my legs tomorrow and build up some mileage. Have a 10 mile race this weekend- not sure I am upto it as I don't want to get too slow a time.  

• Options

Well Done Mathschick Sound a tough one in the fog How are your legs today. Hope the knee is alright.

AF Good to have a rest especially after 38 miles.

I went to Parkrun on Saturday morning. Couldn't resist as it was such a lovely morning. Getting quicker 24.58 this week although their time said 25mins but I am going with my trusted Garmin as their times are just whenever the timer person clicks the button when you go over the line.image

• Options

hi all

legs are fine today, a bit stiff but luckily no comedy for the kids at school when I go up and down stairs!! A bit of chaffing so the sudocrem is out!

well done franny at parkrun

• Options

Glad your legs okay Mathschick image

10 mile run for me yesterday. It was a beautiful morning unlike today which is damp wet and miserable.

Hope everyone is well

• Options

hi all

had a little run yesterday and went swimming today, but I guess my body is still fatigued as I struggled to maintain a good pace. So just took it steady instead image
    and now I have an excuse not to run tomorrow - rest and recovery! Although I would like a run I will probably make it a short evening run instead of my usual 5am thing and have my rest and recovery by staying in bed

• Options

Morning

5 am in the morning MC- That is dedication. I don't think we realise how much long runs take it out of you. I am still feeling slow and tired after my exertions the Sunday before last. Managed to persuade myself to do 2 6 milers this wek and justy about broke the sub 9 minute mile. Still feel jaded and dare I say it slightly out of love with runnibg at the moment. Anyway off to club run in a mo & haev a 10 mile race on Sunday where I expect to be rubbish & beaten by lots of the girles!!  

Franny - well done on your 10 miler and great Park Run. May get off my backside and make my Park Run debut tomorrow week.

Bye for now...

• Options

AF - sounds like you aren't recovered and need a couple of days off!

Swam last night and realised that I am not fully recovered, I feel fine but struggled to maintain my normal pace, so took it steady and decided that spinning class tomorrow would not be a good idea

just had a short run this evening to keep my legs ticking over - it was so warm!

• Options

Hi all! Busy, busy, busy!

MC - Don't think I said well done.... so...Well Done! You did so well to finish with a poorly knee. Hope you feel recovered soon and the chafed bits aren't too sore!!

AF - How did the 10 mile race go?

Franny - well done on your fast park run and your 10 miler.

Well, I'm feeling a bit down. Haven't run since Tuesday as my heel is bloomin sore. Looked it up and sounds like that plantar thingy which I think I've had before. I've taken it easy for a week but still get twinges when walking normally. I missed my long run the Sunday before as we were up the mountain cutting the new growth on the olive trees and of course I missed this Sundays long run. Marathon is in a month....... do I train or wait as long as I can to make sure my heel is better??? Soo glad I managed a 22 miler  3weeks ago but pretty sure I've lost fitnessimage Everything was going so well......

ho hum... had a busy weekend with 2 older kids at swimming competition. 7 golds and a silver for my girl but nothing for my boy. He was fairly happy with 4 PBs though.   Hubby was hunting all weekend so I was rushing all over the place as a taxi service....

Hope you folks are all happy. It's getting chilly here now.image

• Options

Hi all,

Our thread seems to be on it's last legs...image image

Jude-Hope your heel gets better soon. A month is a long way so don't get too het up about it. As long as you get one more confidence boosting long run done in the next two weeks I am sure you will be fine. If you did a 22 miler 3 weeks ago you will be ok.

My 10 mile race was enjoyable,but, I simply don't have speed in my legs. My best 10 mile time is 77 minutes and I maanged 86 on Sunday. So my average mile was 8.42- normally in races of that distanced i would hope to be nearer 8 minutes.  

For the last month I have been struggling to get sub 9 minute miles. Really hope the speed comes back soon.

6 miles this morning & boot camp.

• Options

AF - well done on your 6 miles and boot camp.

Don't think I'm getting het up. Truth is, I have a grand total of 1 marathon a year I can choose from here in Turkey and if I'm not fit enough to run I'll have to wait another year. I desperately want to do it but my foot is PAINFUL! Going to give it a try on Thursday, but I'm not running at all at the moment!!!! 

Just back from a department jolly!! It was fun! Nice people etc but had to leave early as youngest was finishing a swimming training.

If this thread does die hope to be seeing you all on other threads on runners world or facebook! bfn xxxx

• Options

evening all

oh, hope this thread doesn't die off image

I have been a bit busy at parents evenings, both as teacher and parent and am looking forward to half term!

Jude - hope your heel heals - try lots of calf stretching, heel drops, and maybe tape up the bottom of your foot, you will probably find instructions on youtube. I really hope you can make the marathon

I have been a bit lazy and greedy lately, so getting fatter and unfit, but I have given myself till half term to relax a bit

• Options

Morning All

We need to make sure our thread does not die off as I would miss you guys imageimage C'MON lets go find the gang..................Ecky, Loula, Chilli, Matt (got a custard tart for you)

Did another 10 miler on Wednesday morning at 6am..then last night I went to my very 1st track session....it was blimmin hard work....we did a pyramid session of  400m,800m,1200,m,800m,400m My calves ache this morning LOL Hope to do parkrun Saturday or may be tempted by a trail run with some folk from the club but maybe a bit too hilly and long for me.image

Jude I hope your heel will be okay You won't have lost that much fitness and am sure you be fine for your marathon Please keep us posted on how you are

AF your speed will return just be patient image

Mathschick Are you going away for half term?

Have a good day everyone and its FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyy. I am off to find all the missing peeps and get them back here pronto.

• Options

Franny-Well done on your 10 milers and that speed work. I hope your search for the missing is successful we hear from Loula on FB,but, I miss the days of you two trashing the countryside and causing mayhem and general misbehaviour!!! I did a run on Wednesday and average 8.33 minute miles over 6 miles and yesterday 8.13 minute miles over 4 miles. Just a slow 6 miler today with the ladies. Am intending to make my park run debut tomorrow.... if I don't have too much of the vino tonight!!!! Franny you can cope with a trail run and the hills!!!

Jude-How did your run go on Thursday? Fingers crossed it wen well.

MC-Enjoy 1/2 term.. a much needed rest. Have you enjoyed your 1st term at new school?

Bye for now everyone and enjoy friday.

• Options

hi all

yes, on half term! at last!! I have really enjoyed my first half term, the kids are brilliant, other staff members great and I am generally happy

well, I have a cold, so may skip my planned half marathon on Sunday. We are going away for a couple of days to Lincolnshire - doesn't get more exciting than that!! Kids are off to London to stay with my big bro for 2 nights so we are going for 2 nights away without them for a bit of a R&R

• Options

Hi guys!

Franny - well done on your 10 miler and your track session. Sounds great!

MC - well done on getting through your first half term. It sounds like you did the right thing in changing schools! Hope you feel better soon and that you enjoy your 2 nights away.

AF - Glad to hear you are getting fast again! Enjoy your first park run!

Well I didn't run on Thursday or today because of logistical reasons. (Little son has a cold so he didn't go swimming so I had to go home with him after school.) May be a good thing though as foot is still a bit crap. Gonna try a short run on Sunday and Tuesday and then hopefully a long one on Wednesday as we have a day off for 'Republic Day'. That's the plan anyway. (It's now 10 days with no run.....image)

Busy day tomorrow ferrying kids. Little 'un has started science club at school on a Saturday which he is enjoying. He loves his new school but he has a lot of homework and he usually doesn't get in from school until 7.30pm (he stays for swimming). He is 7 years old!! This is pretty common though for private schools here.

Anyway, bye for now folks. Enjoy the weekend! image

• Options

gosh, Jude that is a long day for a 7 year old! science club sounds like fun though

fingers crossed your foot is ok

• Options

Afternoon,

Well 1st Park Run. Found a bit of speed in my legs 24.21 by my watch,but, 24.40 official. I made a school boy error of being too near the back at the start so 19 seconds to cross the line and too much weaving to begin with. So I have a time that I think I can beat next time. Felt a much less achey today so think I am back to about 75% of my speed. Alos much of the course is on grass that was bit slippery so trail shoes next time.

Really enjoyed the experience and have never ran a 5k before. So in October I have gone from the sublime 5k race to the rediculous 38 mile ultra!!   

• Options

well done AF, what a month!

I am full of cold, so no swimming, running or anything! I did meet up with a friend for lunch though and we spend hours chatting image

• Options

MC - Thanks MC! Sorry to hear you are poorly. Nice to go out for lunch though. Enjoy your half term.

AF - well done on your first park run.

Went out for a 4 miler this morning.  Foot was uncomfortable but not painful. Hopefully it's on the mend. image

A day of encouraging kids to do homework and piano lessonsimage......but just had our Sunday treat - a coffee with masses of cream and lots of chocolate bicciesimage all of us are back in pjs, I love Sundays.

Have a good one guys! xx

• Options

Just in from a blustery 7 miles image Did Parkrun yesterday and it was tough due to the blustery conditions too Did it in 25.36 so quite pleased as the wind really did slow me down on the return loop. Was 24th lady out of 130 image

AF Well done on your debut parkrun and a great time too.

Jude Pleased your foot is on the mend. Like the sound of your Sunday treat.

Mathschick Will be nice to have time on your own with hubby Enjoy

• Options

Gone quite again here...have you roudned anyone up yet Franny?

Franny-Well done on 24th lady in the Park Run..

I managed 4 miles on Sunday and 3.2 miles yesterday at an 8 minute pace which was pleasing and 6 miles yesterday at 8.25 minute so speed is coming back...but it is hurting!!! Will go out tomorrow,but, an easier pace I think.

BFN

• Options

well done franny image

back from a couple of days away, we went to seal the seals at Donna Nook on the Lincolnshire coast - they come at this time of the year to mate and have their pups, they only started arriving a week ago but there were loads already and we saw a couple of pups image
    managed to get out for a run this afternoon, thank goodness as we have been eating loads and I was feeling a bit porky!

Jude - hope your foot is ok

• Options

Afternoon everyone

AF Pleased you have your speed back Knew it would return image And yay I have found Loula and Ecky They have been away on a tour of nortiness image and have told them enough is enough and to get back here to CRAC towers.....image

Mathschick How nice to see the seals and their pups and good you got out a run

Jude Hope the foot is improving

I have track session tonight and a 10k race on Sunday