Options

RW F7 – looking for 4.30

Comments

• Options

Off out now - looks another beautiful day out.  Going to listen to my marathon playlist- hopefully not all of it though!

• Options

Back - 9.25 miles, time 1:38:24, average pace 10:38. Splits as follows:

10:37, 10:51, 10:22, 10:18, 10:31, 11:17, 10:37, 10:29, 10:44, 10:30. 

That felt a lot harder then yesterday!  

• Options

Before hand had porridge again. Also drank some lukozade sport before and had some at half way as well.  

• Options

The times were similar to yesterday, which I am surprised about. The differences in  seconds for each of the miles  are:

+ 16, + 10, - 44, - 24, -9, +18, -32, -50,+ 41,+ 17. 

• Options

Really well done,  those times are brilliant.  Make sure you have a good stretch later And a big feed.

That was a big session and it puts us in a really good place for the 4.30 attempt.

Rest day tomorrow.

• Options

Rest day tomorrow image

Big feed imageimage

• Options
    So in the last week, I have ran a total of 32 miles. I had been behind where I should have been with my training, but am feeling back on track now.

I am looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. And less than a week to go with Dry January too!
  • Options

I find this concept of dry January or stoptober weird, for the last three years I stopped drinking from jan through to my target race which was July in two years and september in the other, more out of not needing the extra calories during training, but also I can't get up and train at silly o'clock with a slightly hazy head

• Options
    Anthony - how did you get on with your run today?
  • Options
    FF - I can never get up at silly o'clock to train anyway, clear head or not! I have to admit that I am looking forward to a nice glass of wine next Sunday though.
  • Options

FF - you mentioned doing an easy recovery run on Tuesday.  What would you recomend pace / distance wise?  Thanks!

• Options

No more then five miles, try starting your watch and then put it in your pocket and try to run "easy" but do it by feel. we need to build an way for telling from your body when we are running hard and when your not. But no more then five miles, four if you want.

• Options

I did the easy recovery run at lunchtime - it felt strange at first running at a slower pace and not using my watch / phone to judge my pace!  I also got overtaken a lot!  But I soon got used to it - I just wish my other runs felt as easy! 

The distance was 4.5 miles, time 50:26 and the splits were 10:53, 11:27, 11:08, 11:12, 11:26.

FF - what would you recomend for the next couple of days ?  I had planned the following:

Wednesday - 5 miles slow

Thursday 5 miles interval - comprising 1 miles jog, 3 miles brisk around 9 mm, and 1 mile jog.

• Options

whats your plan for the weekend? I'd like 12 on Saturday if you can. 

Wednesday lets do the five at MP + 45sec (10.45 pace)

and Thursday session looks good

• Options
    Thanks - lets do that. I can do 12 on Saturday and the above for the next 2 days. I had also entered the London 10k Winter Run on Sunday. It looked good and part of the route covers some of the last few miles of the London Marathon - lots of memories of very tired legs!
  • Options

Oh standby then, you have a race sunday, whats your 10k PB?, do you want a crack at running a good time?

I don't know how you plan to get there but is it possible for a good warm up, 5k/30mins. race then a 3K/15 min warm down.

What other races have you got booked or plan to enter before VLM, we can nearly always build them into a plan...

• Options

I would quite like to have a crack at a good time - my best time was 56:35 mins but to be honest - I dont quite feel like I could beat that time at the moment. Maybe in a couple of weeks.  I will definitely do the warm up / warm down as well.

I have entered a half marathon (Richmond Deer Park on 23 Feb (I would like to try and beat 2 hours here)  and the Croydon Half Marathon on 29 March (two weeks before the Brighon marathon)

• Options

Go for it then, with the WU/WD we should have about 18K or 1.45 run time which with the extra effort will be good.

How do you approach a race like a 10K?, start steady and get faster, consistant pace throughout, go out fast and fade?

• Options

I am probably inconsistent in a 10K!  I have both started slow and got faster and started fast and then faded!  I prefer to start steady and get faster to be honest - that it how I did my best times. 

Lets see what happends on Sunday! 

• Options

I did a 5.27 mile interval run at lunchtime - it was really windy out!  I did one mile slow, one fast, one slow etc.  My split times were:

10:37, 09:11, 10:53, 09:04, 09:38, 09:46 - I ran the fifth mile a bit faster than planned as my phone rang at the end of mile 4 - so I had a nice break taking the call and felt a bit rested for the final stretch!   

• Options
    My plans for the weekend are to do 12 miles on Saturday. The plan is the first four miles at MP + 1 min (11mm), then 4 miles at MP (10mm) and 4 miles at MP + 45 secs (10:45 mm).

I am also doing the London Winter run 10k on Sunday. I will see how I feel after Saturday in judging the pace to go at! I would like to go for around 9:30mm, but let's see how I feel. I want to focus more on the long run and just enjoy the winter run!
  • Options

Good luck with the race, i'm nights over the weekend so will check in when i can and we'll start to look at next weeks training

• Options

Snow is forecast for the morning!  Not looking forward to my long run!

• Options

So it is minus one degress out, it snowed overnight and there is now sleet coming down.  I can think of so many excuses to stay in!  

• Options
    Okay - here goes then! Dragging myself out...
  • Options

Back!  12 miles, total time 2:07:10.  The splts were

Miles 1-4 - 10:55, 11:26, 10:50,11:22,

Miles 5-8 09:53, 10:00, 10:08, 09:47,

Miles 9-12 10:55, 10:50, 10:28, 10:29.  

So not too far away from what I was aiming for!  

• Options

I think the overall time was about 3 seconds away from the overall target- although my Maths could be wrong!  

• Options

Last two miles of the warm down were a little quick but otherwise really good. How did the middle four feel?

• Options

Good luck for the morning too

• Options
    Back from the London Winter Run - a great course and reminded me of the last part of the London marathon!

My phone got a bit confused by Blackfriars tunnel and had me running 7.71 miles! My time was 59:09, and was about what I was aiming for. My splits are shown below - obviously miles 2 and 3 are quite a lot wrong!!

9:57, 3:23, 3:08, 9:10, 8:40, 9:27, 9:02, 8:59.