Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    TT, even if I could make it I wouldn’t go at the minute, thousands of people in an enclosed area doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. 
  • Options
    Donnie, treat yourself. Not that sports massages feel very nice while they're happening, but you'll feel much better after.

MrM2...I guess we all have to concentrate on what we can do now rather than what we did two years ago, painful as that is. We're still in the game, at least, so that's a win.

Harmander, I'd completely forgotten it's my club's Christmas do on Saturday evening so I don't think I'll be up for a race on Sunday, for obvious reasons! If I do go out, I daresay it'll be later than usual.

Dubai, wouldn't August be roasting hot? (I know you're used to that, mind you, but still!)

I did 6 miles today, slow recovery pace, but with some strides (basically short sprints in this instance) in the last mile. Very much enjoyed doing those. Hopefully they'll help improve my stride length and cadence.

YTD: 1182
  • Options
    Great to see and hear what everyone has been getting up to, awesome mileages being logged this year.
    Vertical 1k MrM2....I'm not that silly :D 
    Aber 10 was breezy but great race, I was going to pace someone to sub 1 hr but they bailed out in the morning so I got to pace someone else to 45 mins...that wasn't planned for but managed a 45min:44sec.
    Our Friday night group all did fantastic with all of them doing better than they ever thought they could, so a huge confidence boost all round...best bit of the day.
    1676 miles YTD
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal I did a conference in SA in July, it was a pleasant 24 degrees and summer trouser weather. Some brave souls wore shorts, I did not run then but it would have been lovely to run. 

Hobie your Friday night group seems to be extremely positive, great thing to do.

All ready to run outside this morning as the weather forecast was not that bad. Opened the door and realised how well insulated our house is! Skating rink that even Torvill and Dean would have been proud of. So spin class and a prog run on the TM, started at MP and ended at 5km. 

YTD: 1164.47
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just a simple 5k yesterday...before Barra comes through.

YTD: 984' .
  • Options
    10k on Monday night. Weather kept me indoors tonight! 

Ytd: 1218.5
  • Options
    Barra was a bit of a non-event in London, fortunately. Got a very slow 8 miles done in the dark this morning - hoping to see some Christmas lights but there aren't too many up at the moment compared to last year.

YTD: 1190
  • Options
    Cal, August in SA is the winter so only high teens low 20s. Can't train here for an ultra through the summer and still think Covid will be an issue.

Runstreak day 343

7.12 9.48
    8.12 8.46

YTD 1767.18 miles
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Black ice this morning! Back in the gym for a run, 4.5 miles at MP sandwiched between MP+30-90 seconds. Barra has been interesting, but I am hoping for a run outside tomorrow........

Cal the world has gone crackers over Christmas lights up here, they are so uplifting. 

YTD: 1180.78
  • Options
    Dubai...of course. I wasn't forgetting about the southern hemisphere thing but for some reason I was thinking August would be spring and still quite hot.
    TT, glad there's no ice here, I absolutely hate it. 
    Did take forever to make myself go outside, though, but I got a slow 6 done.

YTD: 1196
  • Options
    Runstreak day 344, 10.82 miles

YTD 1778
  • Options
    Cal, was in Abu Dhabi today for the pit lane walk at the Grand Prix, on the way out passed Ferrari world and saw the roller coaster. It was and maybe still is the fastest in the world. Looked too scary for me!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Streak is going well! Just 3 weeks to complete the year. A Dutch friend is back in Dubai at the moment. (He worked there for a while) Don't think his visit is F1 related. But he loves to run, and I see from Strava that he has been a bit speedy around the Barsha Pond Park CCW loop. (6th overall) Anywhere near you?

Cal... 'still in the game'...absolutely! and continue to enjoy it as much as ever.

Out in the afternoon 'warmth' ! and thankful that the leg was happy with an undulating 9 miles.

YTD: 993' .
  • Options
    About to hit the 1000 in style MrM2, looking good.
    Dubai, I know someone who works in F1, his recent runs on Strava have been around the circuit....awesome streaking by the way...long way ahead now.

Doing a night trail run training session tonight with our Friday group as we have The Night Nobbler race next Saturday...details available but maybe not believable.
    1688 miles YTD for me.
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 I agree with Hobie you will end the year on a high with that 1000. 

DR it is hard to believe it is a year, well done for making it to December.

Hobie sounds interesting.

I am determined to go outside tomorrow, was going to today till the wind increased and the temperature dropped!

Another TM run.........

YTD: 1191.08
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hobie: I've just googled your Night Nobbler run - quite an event. Hope you have a great night.

Mr MM: its always good to still be in the game. The thousand may well now by done. I always remember the cricket commentator, Brian Johnston, applauding when a player made 99 because for the team 99 was, to all intents and purpose, as good as a 100. Well, I'll do the same for you, 993 is as good as a 1000.

I've had a disappointing running week. Tues I was always working late so that day was a non starter, Wed and Thurs both fell to the weather, my running slot is around 6pm (give or take) and on both days it was raining. Sorry to say it. but after years in the gym with access to a TM, I'm a bit of a fair weather runner!

5 tonight making YTD 1223.5

Busy weekend, park run tomorrow and as Mrs Donnie is visiting her mother I've signed up for the Bolsover 10k on Sunday. 
  • Options
    MrM2 Al Barsha Pond park is about 20 mins from me, I have run there but it does get very busy

Hobie, there is one night a week when anyone can cycle/run at the Yas Marina circuit. Would be great to do sometime 

Runstreak day 346

10.12 5.67
    11.12 8.31

YTD 1791.98 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Guess what? Back on the TM, in the garage so slightly different. Ready to go outside, ice, I did wonder as I drove home last night and even the minor roads were gritted. 

YTD: 1196.11
  • Options
    Dubai...yeah, I rode it when I was there a few years ago (2017 I think). You have to wear safety goggles to avoid getting your eyeballs sandblasted. 😆

Four miles done today...a one mile warm-up followed by parkrun (Charlton this time...I am now Lon-done again. Until the next new one starts up, whenever that is). Another crap time but...eh. It is what it is.

YTD: 1200 ✨
  • Options
    Runstreak day 347

7.93 miles

YTD 1799.91 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your kind words to get me through the 1000 miles!

Dubai... amazing streaking! and about to pass 1800 miles!

Cal... Well done on getting Lon- done up to date, and reaching 1200 miles!

Got out early this morning in a 'mild' 10 degrees. Enjoyed the first half but the second half was hilly and quite a struggle tbh. However, 9 miles completed...bringing me to;
     YTD: 1002' .
  • Options
    Congratulations MrM2,

Here are the results from our Dawn to Dusk event earlier today.

https://justiming.co.uk/liveresults/2021/d2d27.6.21/g-live.html?f=D2Dwinter21.clax

• Options
    Sorry I couldn't be there, Harmander. Just as well though...had a pretty awful hangover today so I didn't run at all.
    Fantastic, MrM2!
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal no run? Wow! Must have been some night out.

Harmander good to hear about your event going ahead. Hopefully everyone had a marvelous time?

MrMr2 congratulations 🏃‍♀️🥳🏃‍♀️🥳🏃‍♀️🥳

Did the Mil visit yesterday so after seven hours in the car I was tired! A gentle run, made much easier by being outside (yep actually outside) and no spin class. 

YTD: 1202.37
  • Options
  • Options
    Runstreak day 348

8.26 miles

YTD 1808.17 miles

• Options
    Nice milestones DubaiMrM2, great work.
    Yesterday was interesting....7am start with a group hoping to do 35 mile trail run...First 15 miles was some amazing muddy trails up hills and along rivers, sadly the next 6 miles had to be on road...I didn't have a change of shoes so had to do it in trail shoes, knees took a battering on the steep downhills so I tapped out at 20 miles and phoned a friend for a lift home.
    Thought I better look after my knees for the Night Nobbler this weekend.
    1715 miles YTD
  • Options
    TT...four glasses of prosecco and one white wine...probably moderate by some people's standards but I rarely drink so it hit me pretty hard.
    Hobie, hope your knees recover!
    Anyway, I had a restless night so decided to get up around 4am and went for a run at 5. Did 12 miles, all in the dark. Slow of course, but felt fine.

YTD: 1212
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow, Cal, to me that is a lot but I know to many that is the pre drinking!

Hobie how are the knees?

Out late, didn't really want to go out but as I was out for lunch I did. A run, no targets or aims or strategy!

YTD: 1210.41
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for kind congrats..

Hobie...Hope that your knees are OK for your Night Nobbler! (A 35 mile trail run would be unusual prep for your night run ??)

Cal... Out at 5?? And I thought that my 7:30 start was adventurous!

Another 7 miles today, but very poor cadence at the end. (Perhaps I need a tread mill..?!)

YTD: 1009' .