Options

List of runners and your supporters

Comments

• Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    coz we were on the right.

:o(
  • Options
    Oh Wabo - sorry - it was so so hard to see everyone, but I hung over that railing for hours scanning the bods going past for "my runners": still only managed to see 4 of the 10 or so, though! :-( Sorry.....

Hope you had a good run!
  • Options
    Thanks to all the supporters. I think, in no particular order, I had a piece of orange, some water, jelly babies and managed to persuade Meerkat to give me some of Plummy's precious flat coke. Hung around for far too long hoping Venom or Jon would do the honourable thing and take over, but it wasn't to be.

You're all lovely and to quote Steve Redgrave "if any of you see me climbing into a rhino again, please shoot me".
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Am very confused, I was in middle cos not sure where you be, saw sign on left so I ran over. I'll be ready for it next year!
    Dr Nic, it went really well, I did 4.45 and to be honest it was only 27mins slower than my best so I am happy with that!
    Well done you guys cos I am sure the weather was better for running than watching!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Well done RM!! It looked like tough work in that Rhino. You were First Rhino by a long long way, though. Hope you feel OK today! Did you get a text from me by the way? I no longer have your number since my phone got nicked, so got it from someone but they weren't sure it was yours! Dog know who I texted saying "hey Rhino man (etc)" - *LOL*

Wabo - :-( The sign on your left was a special one jsut for Wolfy by her pals. We were directly opposite that, with the blue balloons and general hullabaloo :-D It was so hard to see anyone specific. Well done on your 4:45, hope you're chuffed!
  • Options
    Rich - well done matey - great run of 4:30 in that getup.......

....will ensure the gun is ready and primed....

• Options
    Thanks to the supporters - I heard someone say mammy and it gave me great encouragement. I had hit the wall at that stage so I couldn't lift my head - I was concentrating on running thryouggh the pain!

At mile 19, it turned around and I felt fabulous. I got very close to my taget time, with 4' 16' (according to FLM website - time been adjusted since this morning).

So...sorry I couldn't say hello but it was encouragement enough knowing you were there.

Thank you!!
  • Options
    Good supporting, well done. Gave you ashout just as I passed you. Was going to ask for a jelly baby but didn't see you in time.
    Managed to knock 9 mins off pb, 2:43:54, well chuffed.
    Well done everyone else who ran.
  • Options
    Nic, I did get the text and tried to ring about 8pm (when I finally surfaced from the pub I spent the afternoon in) but your phone was on voicemail. Was planning to come on to the Thistle but was informed everyone had dispersed!
  • Options
    Glad it went to you and not a non-Rhino! I think at 8pm I was either still in a pub or on the tube. Just wanted to know how you got on anyway, TwoDogs was asking after you as well - I'll pass your time on to him!

Yes, I think people left from the Thistle at about 6.30/7 (?) most went home, some of us went for pizza and then to the SJT?!
  • Options
    actually just remembered

Redgrave got back into a boat after that comment

so Rich - what getup next time????
  • Options
    The samaritans 50 birthday cake looked good ;~)
  • Options
    Redgrave has done some of us no favours !

If I mention doing another PLEASE shoot me
  • Options
    Well done for all the support at 18 miles guys. Missed my support crew of Shambler and Dr Nic, but got cared for by Legless and Sloth instead...

Thanks

Jason L
  • Options
    Hi all,

sorry I didn't stop, but I'd just queued for ages for a loo, and was scared of seizing up, as my calves felt like they were tightening. I waved - and got a wave back - don't know who from!

got awful blisters on two toes, despite heavy vaseline, but I finished - which was the main thing! I wanted 4.30 - but got 5.30 - which is only one number out!

Big, big thanks to all of you, the weather was awful for supporters and you did give me a boost as I was coming round, thinking that you were all there. I wish I could have managed to stop (that would have been the easy bit!!!)

Biggest thanks to Meerkat for the organisation and to my supporters Jj and Helegant - I hope to meet you all another time, if not running next year - I'll be with you!

• Options
    jj and merecat - missed you! I got to the 18 mile point about 10 mins earlier than expected, so perhaps you didn't expect to see me then. I only saw URWFRC supporters on the left, but then again, my brain was addled by then! Managed to complete it in 4.32, but was in alot of pain! Those cobbles should be banned - felt my blisters split open as I went over them. Not a PB, but enjoyed it all the same. Thanks for all of you guys for turning out to support us. NB
  • Options
    ...especially in the rain.....NB
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Sadly missed most of mine & Flipper's proper team. I think that Dave Bennett asked someone for his drink but they knew nothing so he went on - sorry Dave, I did have it, honest!

Also had a gel for Minks but never saw her either. For those I didn't see, hope you all did well.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I missed you all! But anyway, a big thank you for standing in such apalling weather and to everyone who cheered me on for the whole race.

Time of 3:57:09 - my goal was 4 hours so I'm really pleased.

Gareth
  • Options
    Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    A big thanks to you all at mile 18.

I've never been cheered on like that in my life and felt quite moved (sniff). Ran a pb for the next 200 yards!

I love you all

Scotty xxx
  • Options
    It was good fun being a supporter but I still haven't quite thawed out... well done all of you - I missed pretty much everyone - but managed to give out random jelly babies so I did have some use on the day.
  • Options
    As well as shout "go on, Toilet".. :-P
  • Options
    Somehow managed to miss you all in spite of scanning the right for ages after the asda oranges. But thanks anyway.....you are amazing for standing round in all that weather and I hope you enjoyed my jelly babies!
  • Options
    Just like to add well done all the runners on Sunday.

The weather was awful and we got cold just standing around.

I have no voice left today but managed half an hour of hill reps any way :-)

Fraggle and I are now very determined bunnies. We WILL be there next year :-)
  • Options
    Just remembered Highlight was Multi giving abuse to "walkers" and getting them running again...the cheeky git!
  • Options
    and the calling out from a few of us - OK me then - "not far to go now"

well - thought I'd get my own back after suffering that one too many times!!!!!!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dr Nic, yes am well chuffed!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Count

Didn't realise you were there!!

Where were you?

I was next to Artgod.

Multi is a rascal!!!
  • Options
    How the hell did I miss all this?

Oh yeah I remember now.....unfortunately I left my head back at mile 17......and didn't get it back for quite a while.....;-)

Thanks for being there.

I had a big PERCY on the front of my vest and got so many calls of encouragement all round the course. Worried about thumb cramp at one point from giving the thumbs up so often! After 25 miles could barely raise an eyebrow in acknowledgment! Yes, it's me...I know.....get over it....:-)

P.
  • Options
    Thank you to all the supporters yesterday and I can imagine that it was very cold standing there in the wet, so a big well done to all of you.
    I am very sorry that a missed you all completely, not sure how I did that, I was looking out for you, but thank you all the same.
    Despite the weather it was a great day.