Options

RW Bra article is rubbish

Comments

• Options
    EP: sorry, it's my age.

LL, I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant.
  • Options
    I understand you well enough MrB :-)
  • Options
    Ah, so we will be getting a reply of some sort, will we? Well, I'm glad the message has filtered through at last.

My aged white (well, more pale grey!) Enell held up under the strain of my pair jiggling about on another 10.5 miler today. Hurrah!
  • Options
    ive been told not to hold my breath for reply-RW are VERY busy
  • Options
    Oooh, inspired by this post, I ordered the lessbounce catalogue YESTERDAY and it arrived TODAY!! Now, sadly, have to wait two weeks for birthday money to be able to afford new one. Have lovely purple Nike high impact bra, but bought it when boobs were C and they now are B. Grrrrrrr. Why are boobs first thing to go?
  • Options
    I have just ordered a bra from "lessbounce" well, well, i say bra, you guys would probably call it a vest with a bit of lycra in :-)

Supplex coolmax

• Options
    er, mine grew with starting running

down a back size up 2 cup sizes and now im f for freak-or so most manufacturers and certain articles would have you believe
  • Options
    I want to test bras too. Let me. Let me. Let me.
  • Options
    I finally got around to looking at the "bra article" last night. I must admit that the model used in the pictures in really rather stunning. However, in one of the pictures, the parting in her hair has changed sides and the mole just below the bottom of the bra is also on the other side.

Not that I was perving d'ya understand.
  • Options
    I bought the GH mag and their bra article is soooooo much better! Straight to the point and they really have found a good bra for every size.
  • Options
    some rather good recipes in GH too
  • Options
    that's what we want, more food talk in an underwear thread.
  • Options
    As a new runner, I have yet to find a good sports bra (tried a level 3 shock absorber, found my usual bra better). I'm a D cup and usually wear an underwired bra. So far have made do with one of my 'usual' bra's for running as I have been loosing weight and didn't want to spend a fortune on something which would (hopefully) soon be too small. Having decided to invest in a sports bra prior to my half mara in April, I was really excited by the article (I know, sad aren't I ?!). Even more disapointed when I had read it. Very little choice and, as has been said, not really 'road tested'. No mention made of anyone who might wear a prosthesis either.
    The Enelle sounds good, but I would really like to stick to an underwired design - has anyone tried one?
    Slug x
  • Options
    No, never tried an underwired one. Wear underwires all the time, apart from exercise. Couldn't be bothered with wires poking into me. I don't think wires would help much in the support department though. Wires keep your boobs in a nice shape in everyday bras, but for sport what you need is a bra which not only keeps your boobs up, but keeps them down too, so you want to be looking for one with a higher cut front and I tend to go for the compression sort to keep everything still. Get a bra soon though - if you're in training for a half, you'll already be damaging the ligaments in your boobs by not supporting them properly.
  • Options
    Missed this thread somehow but agree with what folk are saying...

..however...

...having seen the photos, I just can't imagine wearing the Enell - I think I'd get claustrophobic!
  • Options
    Underwired sports bras are fine, and can give more support, but it is essential they fit for obvious reasons. Ima Slug, if you'd like a catalogue do email me, or you can get one at LessBounce.com and we've got loads of bras. Twinklemel thanks for doing my job for me so well! Selaine, LessBounce
  • Options
    Couldn't resist posting now I've seen LL, DavidB and Trin here.
    You don't need to wash your bras in the machine or very much by hand after every run.
    Just rinse them in cold water. That'll prolong their lives. The same applies to running shirts.
    And no, they won't smell horrid.
    BTW Mrs Snaps also thought the bra article sucked.
  • Options
    Prompted by this thread to replace my worn out bras - I splashed out on a Moving Comfort 'fiona' bra and a Champion Action Shape (I am sure the Enell is really good but I don't think I'd get on with the high back). I phoned less bounce and spoke with one of Bra Lady's helpful assistants who was able to help with sizing (Moving Comfort tend to be on the large size etc.).
    Fab service - they arrived the next day. I have ended up keeping them both as I couldn't choose between them; V. comfy and supportive for my 36Ds.
  • Options
    There's about a week to go before the next issue of RW. Does anyone know if the mag are planning on answering the critiscism of the sports bra article in the next issue?

Or is it just going to be quietly forgotten?
  • Options
    I reckon it will be ignored

the GH article is eminently sensible
    and comcise
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    jelly bean - it's a monthly mag, and would have been put to bed weeks ago.
  • Options
    sent an email to GH tp point this thread out and the positive comments that have been made about their article,

got a reply today, and they are planning on printing a bit of my email :-)

• Options
    Im jealous
    you are in GH

sniffle
  • Options
    Lurker, well there you go if GH can respond so can RW.

Ji, with computerised desktop publishing I don't believe RW are unable to cut a tiny bit of the junk and insert something, and remember the thread did start 2 1/2 weeks ago. They can make a comment at any time on the forum or e-mail anyone at any time!

Why can't they either support the article and give their reasons for doing so, which I think would be generally appreciated, or say they'll look into it and say when they'll come back, or maybe even say they'll do better next time.

Maybe the person who wrote the article could come on line and answer some of the criticism, it could be very interesting.

The March issue was about 50% ads, sooner or later people will get tired of being milked!
  • Options
    Hipps - well i would rather be in one of the makeover articles - but this will do, will impress my mum anyway :-)

JB - that occured to me as well

• Options
    Lurker, you know it occured to me that perhaps what people on the forum think probably doesn't matter, as many of us are subscribers. RW has our buck, it therefore only need worry about the people who aren't buying! I'm afraid it's pretty much a case of gloss over content!