Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options
    ignore that, I'm mucking about! Gonna have a dram or two...........
  • Options
    Impey i think you forgot the " "

I have had a bucket of wine and am off to bed!!

Good night all :o)
  • Options
    Morning all

Couldn't get out of bed this morning, so I will have to run after taxi duties.

I have looked at the course for tomorrow's race and there is a 'steep hill' arrow on the OS map at 3 miles. I will drive up that on the way to the race to see what is in store.

Bullfinch
  • Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Very impressed by the athleticism displayed in Impey and JJ's photos. However Impey looks as if he is enjoying it more.

More rain during night. Off for short easy run before long day of w**k.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Bullfinch I hope the hill is not too imtimidating.

Escargot have a good days w**k.

It is very grey here and cool too.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    ooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr,

I have just remembered today is the day we find out about Olympic bid. I feel quite nervous.
  • Options
    good morning

2 miles done - bit pacier!!!

Exercises done - off to sunny Manchester for meetings

Till later
  • Options
    morning all :o)

short run with dogs this morning, bit of a struggle!

ceal I wonder why the announcement is at 12:46, seems like an odd time to pick!
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Maggie I wonder if the announcement is made in Singapore at 12:45 (or whatever the time it is there) but then it takes 1 min by satellite to get here!!!!????!!!! Just a thought.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ that pic is a good one, but it makes you look heavier than you look in the flesh:-))

I like the one of the two of us at C Patch.
  • Options
    Morning all

Nice pic Impey. Next time though try to face the light so it comes out clearer, you might have to run backwards though. :-))

Sun was shining, I put on my sunglasses, went for a run, a mile up the road and it started to rain. I think my sunglasses must frighten the sun off. At least the rain didn't come to much.

6.31miles of intervals, well, 1mile warmup then 400m intervals with 400m recoveries. Did it that way so I could set Gary for laps of 400m with alerts and get the recoveries recorded as well because I think that the pace I achieve when I'm on the recovery part is a good comparison on which to judge overall progress. In other words if I do better when I'm not trying than I did last year then I must have improved. Interval pace was intended to be around my best 5k pace and wasn't far out:
    00:10:40 00:11:16 00:11:12 00:11:40 00:11:40 00:11:20 00:11:12 00:11:44 00:11:36 00:11:04 00:08:12
    that gives 11:03 as o/a pace equivalent to a 5k of 34:20 against my PB of 34:11. It's a cheat really because that last interval of 8:12 was down the home hill. The recoveries produced an o/a pace of 12:42 and last year's o/a average including all runs was 13:23. So I reckon that's progress.

Prob too much info, shutup w !!
    w

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ Why:-)))))!!!!

Walkman a good one. Again. It is becoming a habit, a good one. It must be count down to scan report day. What is it, 10 days to go now?
  • Options
    Knee man appt is a week today.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Good, may it come quickly for you Walkman.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Did another run this morning same as saturday. Though was not thinking about speed or splits. But was a bit quicker 38:45 as opposed to 40:33

splits in general for first 4 miles
    10:16 (though nearer 1.1 miles Garmin was late)
    9:38
    9:34
    8:53 !!! where did that come from - the georgous guy i saw en route!!!
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Did a gentle 3m yesterday, just managed to miss the rain.

Good session WM, glad knee appt has come through relatively quickly.

Ceal just been out and it was pleasantly warm, might not be too bad tonight. Have you found your number yet?

I see London has made it to a show down with Paris, fingers crossed right result is announced at 12:45.

Mike T
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    fingers crossed, we will know very soon. Quite emotional stuff.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    WE'VE GOT IT!!! What good news.
  • Options
    It might have been me, JJ.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    if it were you we did speak.
    i must say you are looking remarkedly good these days. ;o)