And not even 8:30 yet.

:-)
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    Oh blimey, that brings it home just received Abingdon number

Mike T
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Empty that is so exciting, or is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, ours will come today, but I won't pick it up until this evening.

oooooooooooooeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's real.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    oft to catch train.

Raining here, doh.
  • Options
    BF, sorry to hear your bad news.

Raining here, off for 4 miles with Jane & slightly unwell dog. (cough)
  • Options
    Thank you for your good wishes.

Got my Abingdon number too - 536

Bullfinch
  • Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.

(((BF & MrsBF)))

Empty - hope you feel better soon.

Cool and dull here - ideal for racing although it's a norunday for me. Hope JJ and ceal had a zestful Serpies.

Tomorrow I'll do my usual 10 miles or so - unless anyone thinks that would be a bad idea a week ahead of 5k race?
  • Options
    Art'noon

norunday again = 3 of a kind

BF
    So sorry about f-in-law, comforting noises to Mrs BF for whatever good they may be.

Esc
    It's the or so that bothers me; or so what?

w
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Escargot, I would not do 10 miles if I was you. YOu don't get many chances to run a 5k do you. Therefore, you probably want to give yourself the best chance of a good time. I would run probably around 7 or 8 miles easy. Then early in the week do a few intervals, shorter than 1k. Say 400's or 500m's or there about. Then ease of during the week ready for your 5k race.

Lowgrade I am sorry to hear about coughing dog. I hope it is nothing serious.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Just back from Serpie run. Official results are not up yet.

Had to stand all the way there on the train and underground, JJ met me on the park bench. We had a good warmup around the park and it stated to rain just as we did a few strides. It was very humid therefore the rain was very welcome. I started strong for first 3k then died. But feel ok with my time of 24.04.

We had a very pleasant lunch, courtesy of JJ, in the cafe by the lake. Very pretty views from the cafe window. Thank JJ.

I do have my Abingdon package but I haven't opened it yet, opening it will make it real!!!!

Splits

Right hamstring now a bit sore.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Walkman it sounds as if you are starting a habit! How hammy?
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    Ceal that sounds like a good warm up for Abingdon, I think as we found with the NF Half that "pure speed" isn't there at the moment due marathon training.

Abo race package arriving was a "highlight" but we were deflated this afternoon when social services said they couldn't source the care for Liz. Wouldn't mind but we started talking to them back in June about it, had booked an adapted room - trouble is we can't wait any longer as we now need to put in suitable arrangements for Liz to stay at home and that won't be straigtforward.

Mike T
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the outburst just a bit p***ed o**.

Mike T
  • Options
    Quite right to have an outburst, Mike. How frustrating for you and such a disappointment.

An idea - my friend's daughter is a carer. Would you like me to ask her if she'd do it or does it have to be done through the appropriate channels (who can't provide anyway!). She works for local authority as far as I know and I'd vouch for her character.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Empty you have every right to be p**ed off, I would be verrrrrrry annoyed in the same situation. Do you see a way out? So much for SS facilitating peoples so as to make them as indepandant as possible.

How are you feeling in yourself?? Apart from the p***ed of feeling?
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    K2 thanks for the offer but the trouble is Liz now needs 2 carers hence part of the difficulty. I think we have now just accepted it and have to sort out care this end.

Ceal bit down at the minute, bug wise feeling better - hopefully get out for run tomorrow and I'm sure that will help.

Mike T
  • Options
    Empty
    Sorry about that.
    Hope the run helps.

(((((Liz and Mike)))))
  • Options
    :-D

I have decided, JJ, and it ain't pretty.
    ;-)
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    JJ great run, great PB really pleased for you.

Mike T
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Official results are up. My time 24.08, which is an age grading result of 80.1%. I am ok with that.

JJ I hope you manage to loosen up, your legs that is. I worked out we ran about 6 miles this morning, if you want that info for log book.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    JJ Your time today is pretty amazing, considering all those mile in your legs, just think what you will be able to do when rested and recovered from marathon.

My marathon number is 14. I must have applied even earlier than you did. Stewart's is 12.

• Options
    Evening

(((Mr and Mrs Bullfinch)))
    sorry to hear that thoughtsa re with you

Good performances JJ and Ceal i hope you didn't overdose on the zest

No run day for me today with a very short run tomorrow followed by a trip to the cinema. May see Goal, the idea is to have a relaxing day if i can ready for Sunday
  • Options
    hello
    very tired here

Bullfinch
    i am really sorry to hear your news

empty-hope you feel better soo
    ceal-hope you get some rest this weeekend