• Options
    Afternoon all.

2nd run of the week for me.

4 miles, 44:33

11:35
    10:46
    10:57
    11:13

Not a good run as my left leg feels heavy.
  • Options
    Have just sent of for Serpies March, April and May for me and May for Bernard.

Just have to get Bernard to running shop now for shoes. I think it could be expensive for me.
  • Options
    Morning!

Jj, i will have to ask the groundhog and get back to you.

K2, if the player had cawliflower ears he would be just like Mickey Mouse.

Chou, don't talk to me about americans. I am sick to death of them and I am not sorry if there is one reading it.

A TV station put up some adverts for a new cartoon (that I watch and love). Some brat called the police about it and all Chicago stopped while the bomb squad destroyed the little figures. They are completely self centered and paranoid.

I miss England...
  • Options
    Oops, Boston, not Chicago.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Spud
    I heard about that. You sound very angry today:-((

JJ
    I know, I am just concerned because I always understood that one had to train through these races when in training for a marathon. Actually, I love weeks when I can taper, I get lots of jobs done that wouldn't normally get done!!! But you are right of course.

which leads me to my next question-------------

TS
    what mileage did you do before BM?
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Empty
    are you doing Chichester 10k on Sunday. (I'm not). Also are you able to enter the Bognor 10k in May, we got entry forms yesterday.
  • Options
    busy day - and much of next week is disappearing in meetings in disparate parts of the country.............

........which does not fit my training plans at all!!!!

Ceal
    Sun 11.2
    Mon 03.2
    Tue 06.2
    Wed 05.2
    Thu rest
    Fri 03.5
    Sat 02.5
    Sun 13.1 race

SO Sun to Sat 31.6 miles. Fri and Sat are purely "maintenance" days - I find it easier just to turn legs over than have a complete day off.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Thanks TS!

Next week doesn't sound too healthy:-((
  • Options
    LOL! Ceal, i am not angry in general, just with the reaction of the people and police to some cartoon adverts being put around. We had some in Atlanta. Now they are all on ebay for about $4000.

JJ, I just watched on the news that unfortunatly General Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow. It means bad weather for the rest of the year.
  • Options
    Slightly different approach in today's run.
    As Garmin let me down yesterday the Bolsover 10k stopwatch was worn on left wrist with Garmin on rh wrist.
    Think actually Garmin must have been discharged for this time it worked fine.
    Stopwatch came in useful too as with some manipulation it was easy enough to gauge half mile times and compare results from both.
    Ran all trail without circling lakes.
    Milelaps,after 2mile warmup...
    10.09, 9.19, 9.42, 9.41 and 9.25 including 3 faster paced half-miles of 4.08,4.06 and 4.09 7 miles total.
    By using stopwatch I found Garmin readings show Training Centre times accurate compared to MotionBased which always have been a bit erratic when shown on PC.

TS,
    Still no copy/paste here either :-(

Chouette,
    I used to rely on kms last year but got cheesed off with that and soon went back to her Imperial Majesty - the mile :-)

Ceal,
    For what it's worth, my first couple of miles in a half race have usually been
    slowest but still achieved a pb, Shef 05 and Worksop 06. In my case, its not possible to start at a fast pace in any type of race, that much I have learnt :-))
  • Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Impey - do you do a warmup first or are those first two miles your warmup?
  • Options
    Chouette

apologies for delay and I know you must be holding your breath:))))

Hope this table comes out ok

Wk.Mon...Tue...Wed...Thu...Fri...Sat...Sun

1...3e...7e....5e....7e....5e....Rst....8e
    2...3e...7e....5e....7T....5e....3e.....12e
    3...3e...7e....5e....7T....6e....3e.....14e
    4...3e...8e....5e....7T....5e....3e.....10e
    5 taper....................................

e = easy pace
    Rst= rest and one of the 3 mile days (MOn or Sat)may be taken as rest day as well if you are tired
    T = tempo run. 1 mile warm up, then 5 miles building up pace with last 2 fastest, 1 mile cool down.

It is quite challenging in mileage but builds on what you have accomplished already and then gives a recovery period before the race itself.

have a look and any queries after recovering from the faint, fire away:-))
  • Options
    nearly came oout right.

Impey

you were well tooled up then:-)

pleased the results coincided for you otherwise it would have been h*ll deciding what to take!!

copy/paste fine here...............
  • Options
    Chouette,

The two mile warmups were 10.35 and 10.50 before the laps shown. Some peeps probably do half a mile or 1 mile warming up but not me :-) Races are different, maybe I'll do just half or full mile before getting to start line.
  • Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ceal, not running Chichester too near Wokingham for me. I'd love to do Bognor again but it falls on m-in-l's 70th birthday and not sure what Liz and her brother are planning yet.

Ceal you should have an e-mail

Mike T
  • Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Impey - starting a half at a steady pace is an excellent idea. I never seem to manage it and get swept along by the crowd.

TS - thank you. I have not fainted! 8-))

The mileage is fine, in fact rather less than I had been planning, but I do cherish my one rest day... and especially before the long run. I can easily do 6 miles on one day instead of 2 x 3, or spread out those 3 miles somehow else.

Already looking forward to the 7Ts!

Night night everyone.
  • Options
    JJ, I am always wearing my bikini.;o)

Good night!XXX
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

JJ
    I have lovely picture of Cordelia taking he first steps. They are memories to be treasured. More anerobic biking today??

Impey
    I, personally, would never run as far as 6 miles as fast as possible. For me that would be too tiring. I would save that for a race!

Carp nights sleep, just to prove to myself that sleep and running have nothing to do with each other except after a race and speed session! I will be running later. Not decided what as yet.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Cordelia is female, sorry JJ.