Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Oh!! now you will all have to look back and see what JJ was doing...
  • Options
    Chouette

I am the dishwasher:-))

impressed by zero HR:-))
  • Options
    JJ

sounds knackering sort of day - you deserve a zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

agree with meetings sentiments:-))
  • Options
    Chouette I am only looking back if he has put his trousers on now ;o)
  • Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭
    TS, JJ,
    Not all meetings are bad. I am currently planning meetings in Holland, Mexico and Vegas, all with customers that want to write cheques, great meetings if you can get them.
    The meeting in Mexico with be in June. Doing business with Latin Americans is very interesting. They do not like to do business in a conference room, they mix pleasure and business so that you cannot tell the difference. Last year I went to Mexico and Guatemala, in both cases the CEOs knew I was a runner and arranged for me to go running with them. I embrassed them some what as they are both 15 years younger than me. They both know each other and compared notes and vowed to get even. So in June we are all meeting to do business in Mexico but also to run. Now I have a problem do I let them win and get the big order or do I keep the macho thing going and still get the big order.
    MickC
  • Options
    Evening all
    Ran this morning - gentle, with friends, then work, then out for an unbirthday meal with the other Ks. All very pleasant.

No time to read back but hope JJ will put trousers on soon, particularly if that sparrowhak is still around.

ceal
    3:40? What's that?

Or can I guess?

TS
    Hope the mucus disappears pretty quickly.

As will I....................

Good night, folks.
  • Options
    I bet JJ doesn't.;o)

JJ, before my nose was running but now it is the old legs. It is getting easier with all the cortisone i am taking.:o)

Well done Maggie. Any races planned yet?

Torque, bl$$dy Queen Victoria.;o)

I remember taking a pigeon from a hawk's beak on my way to the gym, once. I ended up chasing the hurt pigoen along the road having cars braking, tooting and cursing behind me.

In the end, healthy, new and improved pigeon was released two weeks later after a diet of grains and whey protein.

Ceal, I am getting so excited for the FLM. Is anyone else on the thread doing it?

Empty, sorry to hear that Liz was having problems yesterday.(((Liz)))
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Morning,

JJ
    at least you will have been kept warm without your trousers, as the temps have been high. Btw did you get my naughty email a couple of days ok, or did your virus check chuck it out???

MickC
    difficult decision that one:-))

I will be running later.
  • Options
    Morning all

Track tonight.

I'm going to be fairly busy for the next few days then ridiculously busy for all of next week (I think my work hours may end up at about 67, if you include travelling time from Bristol to London) so have disabled notification. If you need to get in touch, email me direct.

I'll look forward to seeing some of you at the Expo (if you can't find me, most people on the Sweatshop or Rick (probably on Hilly Clothing) stand should know where I am. On the Big Day I'll be supporting somewhere near Cannon St Station and also (I hope) along the Highway.

back later.
  • Options
    Morning

Easy run of 3.27 miles done in 36:27; 12ºC probably the warmest we've had so far this year at that time of day (6am)

11:17
    10:55
    11:37 concentration must have wavered
    2:38(0.27mi)

aws
  • Options
    Morning all.

Went out with the running club last night, and being rather fatigued from the "10k" race the previous day, decided to keep HR really low, if possible. I was interested to see how slow this would make me.

Course was undulating, on gravel tracks and some beaten earth with sandy patches.

Total distance 5.56 miles
    Mile 1 - 10:41 HR 128
    Mile 2 - 11:57 HR 129
    Mile 3 - 13:51 HR 130 (included long uphill, followed by milling around the water tap for a drink @ campsite)
    Mile 4 - 10:02 HR 136 (back downhill, after a drink!)
    Mile 5 - 10:15 HR 143
    last 0.56 - 05:57 HR 145

I think mile 1 may have been slower and mile 2 faster - this is where I got a strange reading last week. I was interested to see I could achieve an average pace of 11:17 on an av HR of 134.

Hope the meetings go well, for those that have them. I just have one day out, to Bracknell this week, but Stevenage & Manchester next week, which will impact on the schedule.
  • Options
    JJ
    It's good cross-training - my legs are much better at standig up all day than they were!

It also provides a reasonable amount of running kit to wear when I do have time to run.
    :-)
  • Options
    SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Morning. Bit late - thought I'd better give you all time to get your trousers on.

Meanwhile, I did my first hill session in nearly a year: 6 x 200m, jogging down to the start which lowered heart rate to about 50%WHR. Times and max WHR as follows:

1:21 83%
    1:22 84%
    1:20 85%
    1:18 88%
    1:16 89%
    1:10 92%

Concentrated on maintaining good form, steady pace and 3/3 breathing for the first five. On the last tried to go flat out and reached a max pace of 4:30m/k (7:15m/mile) - probably only for a few seconds!

Total of 9k with warmup and cooldown.
  • Options
    Chouette, looks like a really good training session. I'm so impressed that you built up speed in the later reps!
  • Options
    Morning all :o)

Ceal shall we pop round to see JJ's performance on the piano ;o)))
  • Options
    didn't see that coming I hope K2 has already gone to work!
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Chouette
    you got faster and faster, well done.

Diana
    a well controlled run, I don't like the sound of that hill towards the end of the run.

Maggie
    I hope JJ is getting plenty of practice in:-))

K2
    if you are around, I have made a note of Cannon Street Station, not that I have any idea where that is at the moment!!!! But I will have a look. I think I shall have to have a piece of paper with me with different viewing points written down so I can look out for peeps. I sincerely hope to catch up with you at Expo.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Bin runnin.

Total of 7.1 miles split into:-

warmup .8 mile 8.51 pace.

3.1 miles, 24.42mins @ 7.58 av pace and av HR 133

a few seconds rest then turned round to come home.

3.2 miles, 27.33 mins, @ 8.33 pace and av HR 134.

Since I got back I am wondering if I am starting a cold:-(( could well be psychosomatic.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.

Did not manage any running while I was away. But me, Bernard, Kierrah and Andre did a 13 mile walk. I now have very sore quads & boobs. Should have had my sports bra on. LOL
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Here is our walking miles:

Part 1 6:46

29:51 - kept Garmin running while we were on the beach.
    22:36
    22:09
    25:54
    27:56
    23:58
    18:42 for .46

We had to keep stopping to look at Bernards memory map on his palm.

After lunch outside pub we do the return trip.

6:64 miles

17:36
    21:03 - looked at a local church.
    16:46
    20:25 - Kierrah was dragging her heals.
    16:44
    19:20
    10:33 for the .64 miles.

As it was getting cold on the way back we speeded up a bit.
  • Options
    Afternoon all

Chou
    I had gone to work. Don't think I could have beaten it though!

ceal
    Cannon St isn't far past the Tower. I may well be on the Highway as well. Will depend on what my friend wants to do.
    I usually write the places K3 is supposed to be in the bottom corner of my number (upside down so I can read them!)

Tracey
    You're bringing the kids up well!
    JJ is always so generous with his offers of help..................
  • Options
    JJ
    Did you go in SheRunsHeRuns (or Sherunsheruns? Or Sherruns Herruns?)