Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭
    I might be able to make Wed too actually as I come back from cheddar that day and dont leave for Prague until Thurs p.m. Not sure when I do the children swap over though!?!?

Defo Tues June 5th - no excuses :-)
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    I should be able to do the Wed night if I arrange in advance, not sure yet of the Tuesday as me and Juicer normally run in the day and kids a judo on the night.

Lists
    ------
    Wed 30th

Pman
    Tumps
    JJ
    Juicer?
    ER?
    Prue?
    Caz?
    Um?

Tue 5th
    --------
    Caz
    Tr
    JJ
    UM?

Good luck everyone doing racin the basin :-)

Caz - Theres a couple of plans for Sat, either I'll leave mine in the morn and head to ER's then we go in ER's car to Cadir, so I can have a drink and then Stay over shropshire way. Or I drive there and back, or there may be a chance lilttle P and my mom are going to come and watch, in which case we'll drive to the race, have a few drinks after then drive back to brum :-)

Not sure of the timings of it all, haven't planned that far in advance - Think the race starts about 1 or 2 so probs leave about 10ish I think?

What do you reckon? Could you make it?
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Juicer - I'll show the map to notpete and see what he reckons.... ARRRRR I'm a bit scared now :-) :-) In a good way :-) My first proper fell race ;-)
  • Options
    Ah Prue, I'm relieved to see the 'in a good way'. I'm scared too, but it's a positive force.

I'm very much thinking of it now as a 4 mile race, followed by a bumpy fun run :-)
  • Options
    ER - have you read Richard Askwith's "Feet in the Clouds"? That should inspire you while you RICE!!! Good friend of mine did BGR on second attempt - think a lot of it (apart from small matter of being fit, of course!) is down to luck with the weather. Choose your time of year well!! Good luck!

• Options
    SD - that book is the "bible" by my bedside at all times :-) Forever dipping in for a read.

I think you're right. Weather is important and then just general mental strength, 'cause it WILL hurt and there WILL be times you want to stop.

Anyway, as I said, not sure whether I'd ever be capable but might be fun to start doing some section recces anyway (fun!!)
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Well done Caz - and your good run at Racin the basin.

Did anyone else go?
  • Options
    Hi all

Just a quick moan from me was hoping to start running again this weekend but my calfs still hurts a bit and this week I developed a dull constant pain in my ankle and 2nd smallest toe which I have no idea how I got unless Mrs SD has taken drastic measures against my snoring. So doing the race next week looks more and more unlikely
  • Options

Went out again today - third time this week! I did a good 5 miles in just under 40 mins and although I was flagging somewhat towards the end, it felt fine. So I'm going to do a slower run tomorrow and maybe Saturday and a longer one (but not too long!) on Sunday.
  • Options
    Good for you PM :-)

I did Racin the Basin last night. Really enjoyed it and realised late last night that my hip didn't hurt at all during it :-) I predicted 51:20 as I was intending to take it easy and enjoy the run but ended up doing it in 47mins according to TR, so was way off the prize :-(

Meeting Juicer in a bit for a little run. Was suposed to be doing a long one with TR but I have a strange pain at the back of my left knee (has perhaps travelled down from the hip!?!? ;-)) so I'm thinking shorted will be better.

Anyone running tomorrow about 4:00 in the park? ...... and then I may do that half mara on sun in Gloucester although I know I'm REALLY not up to that distance. A race will be the only way I'll stick at it though. Hmmmm!?!?!

SD - sorry to hear your calf is still bad, can't understand these injury things.
  • Options

I'm saying this veryquietly but I might be up for a run in the park at 4pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    ER - I remember reading an article about BGR (can call it that now I'm in the know :-)) Sounds like a mighty challenge with that ascent, but nevertheless, something that screams 'come and have a go'

Daz - Take care with the injuires.

PM - running sounds good for you at the moment.

RC - obviously didn't make it to Racin' the Basin myself (to spectate), but glad you had a relatively pain free and successful run.
  • Options
    Goodness knows what was going on at Racin the basin - I haven't a clue! I was started 5 mins late so I didn't know whether to run fast or slow!

great to meet a lot of old faces - RC and tarmac runner - but the girl who won Hillwest last week , same club as AA , whats her name?

great fun though a really really funny time through the drinkers and strollers in gas street basin.
  • Options
    RC and TR - old faces? They're only in their 30s :-)
  • Options
    Yep, but they both LOOK like they've had a hard life ;-)))
  • Options
    Weather forecast for Cadair is looking excellent :-)

No wind
    Small risk of showers and hail
    No cloud (80% chance of being cloud free)
    Start line temperature 11c, summit temp 4c

:-)
  • Options
    Pathetic!!! Such easy weather for a fell race.....you're all wimps!!!
  • Options
    MH: Old Faces.....I agree with Juicer....they don't have the gnarled, weather-beaten look of ER.
  • Options
    You know who your friends are Tumps!! ;-)

Actually, Juicer's original description was "gnarly, weather beaten and very very hard".......and I reckon I'll settle for that :-)
  • Options
    er: talking of being hard.....how is the ankle after 30 miles of running on a major sprain?
  • Options
    or should that be nearer 50 miles?
  • Options
    So...who's up for what this weekend??

Cadair

Juicer
    Prue

1/2 mara Gloster

rc

Running round Shropshire getting lost

Tumps

Sitting in a camper van somewhere in England in the rain

MH

Sitting with his leg up

ER

Sitting with her ribs in a sling

UM

Warm weather training in Spain

AA

Still dreaming somewhere in England

Still Dreaming
    PM (of more successful Cup Finals)
  • Options

Thank you for your concern tumps. However mine should read:

Saturday
    Long, long walk with Peacewoman, some friends and the dog at Cannock Chase

Sunday
    Nice Little Run in Sutton Park
  • Options
    And mine should read:

Friday
    Stressing about what eldest daughter is up to (Yr 11 - last day of school today)

Saturday
    Running round Foremark Reservoir to de-stress from previous night's stressing!!

Oh to be in my 30's again :)
  • Options
    Greetings from Spain!
    I´m back mid next week so hopefully ctach up with some of you then.

Been doing about 3-4 miles a day, but knees have been hurting still and right one had started to swell up like it used to years ago.
    So I copied the locals today, and ran barefoot on sand ( the sand that´s nearly dried out after tide has gone out a little, but is smooth and compact )
    and to my amazement ran 10k on the sand running back and forth along 1km strip of beach without ANY pain at all in joints or anywhere. I actually ran much faster than I normally would (9min miling) and felt like I could have gone on for another 10k after to!
    So now to avoid injury and pain I´ve got to run barefoot in sutton park :)

On a serious note, I really felt great running like that when I thought it would have hurt more than running in cushioned shoes, orthotics etc.
    Any ideas Lurker / ER /Juicer ??
    Only thing I could come up with was that I didn´t seem to be heel striking as much ??
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the 'Little Aston 5' is taking place this year...? No details on Events Listings....
  • Options

AA - sounds good, running in the warm. The sand thing could well be what you think. You tend to run on the balls of the feet on sand rather than heel first. Maybe that's made a difference.

RC - Thanks for the run on Friday, I enjoyed it. Was going out today but a look out the window soon changed that. And before ER pipes up with the usual "soft southerner" bit, why am I not going out in the pouring rain? Cos I don't have to:)

• Options
    Just popping on to say hello before I go away :-)

PM - thanks for the company Friday. You weren't the only one who didn't manage to mustre a run today. Didn't bother going to do the half mara for a whole number of reasons.

Juicer/ER/Prue/notpete - Thanks for the great night last night. TR and I really enjoyed it, we should defo do it more often ..... and well done on Cadair on Saturday :-)

TR and I ran around the wrekin yesterday for 1:40 so have run this weekend. Quads ache a bit today though (that'll be the goat trail!) and I'm aware of my hip. Pretty pleased with 4 days in a row of running.
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Had a brilliant day yesterday. Thanks Juicer for your company on me first "FELL" race..... bloomin hard work, but worth it just to see the view and run down again :-) 10.5 miles 3000Ft. Was dead chuffed not to come last and managed to get a spot prize to at the end :-)

I couldn't believe how nice everyone was, after my first initial inpression of everyone looking you up and down to check out that you weren't competion. They were all lovely even when they were running down the mountain all the front runners were shouting words of encouragemnt, along with all the marshalls.

Thanks again Juicer - So glad I did it!! :-)

ER- Thanks too for driving us there - much appreciated!

Had a great night too, caz - as you said, we must do it again soon :-)

Dale - Not sure on the little aston run- haven't seen it advertised wyndley gym yet???

Tis the start of marathon training this week comming, and the trying to loose weight thing too... Anyone running this weekend?????

SD, UM - Hope the injuries clear up!