Options

Three go mad in Yorkshire

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stoxy, glad things are settling down and looking up! Keep your chin up kid and VERY well done on the canter - sprint finish to boot - excellent.

• Options
    Hey all

A late pop in but just got home and boyf isn't here yet, so thought i'd come and see what's been happening.....

Been to my mates house who's just had a baby and another workmate came along with her two year old - made me realise exactly how far away from that time in my life I am (if that makes sense!).

((stoxy)) glad things are going ok hun. Hope you manage to get out for that run if it's safe!

SNG- hope tapering is going ok (if you ARE tapering this time that is!)

Hey there emmi!

Missing all the other girlies, NSC, Treacle, Eggy........

Looking forward to the long wkend ahead YAAAY!

XXX
  • Options
    OOh and Stoxy - well done on your race result hun!!
  • Options
    morning folks
    nice cantering stox wel done the sprint finish always makes a race perfect for me!!
    just back from a steady 4.2 miles which was fun as mrs sng ran the last mile with me i hope she starts to enjoy it!
    8 miles planned for tomorrow
    then rest monday short run tuesday and walk up ingleborough (one of the yorkshire 3 peaks)on wed or thurs then rest til the mara
    did i mention i booked this week off work so me n the mrs are just gonna chill
    good weekend s to all
    sng
  • Options
    sng would be great if your other half took up running too - it's a nice past-time to do together, I can vouch for that! :0))

Enjoy your 8miler today and your relaxing week off with the mrs!

Was up early today (for a sunday) waiting for my crumpets to digest and then off out for a 10miler in the rain. Boyf has plotted out new route which includes a long steep hill of death and then the usual smaller but also evil hills. Should be a challenge anyway!

• Options
    good running Stoxy and a huge well done for beating our beautifully manicured friend :O)
    glad things are looking up, give us a shout if you need a hand moving or a bed for a night x

SNG, you and the missus have a good week chilling and we will be waiting with baited breath for your race report next week
    I will be shaking my pom poms for you (from the sofa)!

Laura - are you getting wet? just trying to summon up the energy to peel myself off the sofa and go and get wet for 9ish miles too :O)

training has been pretty non-existant this week, managed a short run friday and NEED to do something today

right - got my number for yorkshireman (510) are we going to get organised for staying over?
  • Options
    Hello!!

Just been on Fetch to log my run and have just noticed Emmi has run a stonker of a race today.....but will let her come in herself and fill you all in!!!!

WELL DONE EMMI!!!! :))))))

Yes I got SOAKING wet on my run, it didn't stop raining for the whole time we were out. Just measured it out and route was 9.22 miles and we did it in 1:25 WITH hills of death, so chuffed with that.
    Felt AWFUL at the time thou, the first hour was pure hell for me! My legs just wouldn't move and my arms were killing me from all the upper body work that I've done this week. Rain didn't bother me to be honest, prob helped to keep me cool!

Think that was my fastest ever run over a longish distance, so no wonder it felt bloody hard at the time!

Need to book Yorkshireman and yes sort out where to stay!

GET OUTSIDE NSC :)))))

XXX
  • Options
    Evening all.. well I've 3 fag's left and a small amount of snot from nasty cold I've had (smokers cough me thinks!) and then tomorrow I am going to drag the trainers out of the wadrobe and try a run

Looks like you've all been busy training and doing good times etc.. very jelouse!!

I'm doing ok.. things are strange to say the least but I am getting there.

House gone on the market this weekend so it's DIY city here, did some mega cross training in Ikea today - had to go "glam" dressing shopping.. got some nice cushions and throws and stuff.. house looks wicked!! Typical it takes this for me to get off my arse!! LOL

Had an interview last week - wow what a place, one of the towns I want to live in - a PA job in a firm that is by the river, unbelievable location.. no idea if it was good or bad.. too quick I think - I was only in there half an hour... will hear in a couple of weeks

SNG - sorry to do this to you (think you already know) but I pulled out of Blackpool.. couldnt hack it becausr it's got too many memories - LOL. did a run the other week was like Darth Vader - couldnt breathe properly cos I got upset

Hope your training's at a pinacle now - I'm sure you'll be fab and trash last years time

Laura.. speedy girl - that's good going

Stoxy - hope your doing ok.. big hugs coming your way x

NSC - so did you go?

Emm's been racing today - lol.. whippet!!

• Options
    good to see you Egg and big hugs!

yup, finally got out there - as the heavens opened no less, and managed 5 miles

you were much better than me Laura, but I didn't have my personal trainer with me lol!

woohoooooo emmi! looked on fetch and great result and report!
  • Options
    Snot halt's play again today I think.. might just plan cross training of glossing and painting the vestibule!! LOL

I know how to live!

Mind you I could actually get my lazy arse onto my "feature" exericse bike that's in prime position in the front room couldnt I
  • Options
    morning all
    hey egg(((())))
    snots a good excuse its never that nice to taste as you run is it!!
    missed my 8 miler yesterday cos i couldnt be arsed so heading out the door in a min
    enjoy the rest of the bank hols peeps
    sng
  • Options
    HI gang!!

yes - it was an ok run yesterday but of course I always analyse it later on and think about where I could have gone faster!

I still had a lot of miles in my legs and that killer 6 hour recce from last monday as was doubtful if i'd finish to be honest - did a warm up and my legs were really aching already!!

So - I set myself a target time of sub 1.30 just aimed to plod round and support the club by turning up!

The course as well as wet, windy and cold was a bit boring although really well run and marshalled it was laps and 1 road we went along 4 times!!

Hill at the end of the laps and by mile 9 I'd had enough!!

Anyway, pleased to say i managed to wobble in in 1:19 chuffed really as 11 minutes under target but of course I keep thinking I'm SURE I could have gone sub 1:15!!! Oh well m aybe the target for next time?!!

Hi Egg!!!

well done girls on the running and Egg on the x training!!
    SnG - hope yoou get that 8 miler done - but are you tapering properly?? ;-)
  • Options
    Morning all.. sat here at work thinking about all the jobs I could be doing at home!! LOL

No - running with snot isnt the greatest - might still just stick my trainers on and try... that's if I can find them.. my double wardrobes are now crammed with everything that used to be out on show - including my running kit!! LOL.. think I will have to re-organise some of that

Top time that Emm... you'll easily crack some off that if you continue the way your going

SNG - taper madness?!
  • Options
    yep 8 miler done at mara pace and thats my last effort so to speak
    ill do a couple of 4 ish milers this week but not much
    only real effort will be refraining from running up ingleborough instead of walking on thursday!!
    taper madness? whats that WOOF WOOF!!
  • Options
    LOL.. it's a good job I pulled out already cos if I was doing it and I had got this cold I'd be gutted by now

At least my achillies tendon has calmed right down... and there's always Angelsey ;)
  • Options
    hiya all

Welcome back Egg - it's so lovely to see you :0))))
    really glad to hear you're getting things sorted, boooo@the stinking cold thou!

Woohoo for bank holidays! (sorry that you're at work egg!)

Emmi you loony, you did a fantastic time yesterday, but we are our own worst critics aren't we :0)))
    If you can pull a time like that out of the bag when you're not on top form, imagine what kind of time you'll get next time!!!

Went out last night to meet up with one of boyfs mates - went to this crazy place in Camden (kind of a tent, but not) and it was an alice in wonderland theme!
    Got majorly caught in the wind and rain coming home, yukky!!!!

Just chilling out today, was considering a run, but it's looking manky outside again and I don't think I can face another run in the rain, especially as I was quite snotty this morning so I think It would be a bad idea!

XXX
  • Options
    sounda a 'top' night out Laura!

nah - don't blame you ont he rest day! :-)
  • Options
    LOL... Hmmmm note to self - when you gloss the bannister and you then remeber that you need the cloth from downstairs DONT turn tail and stick your hand on the bliidy rail!!

LOL.. almost proper "stuck" in today.. silly moo!!

DIY mental here, cant believe how much stuff there is to do.. but want the house to look respecitble as soon as people walk in so have to put some big effort in this week before main viewings start

Pooh weather - think I'll leave my comeback to tomorrow

;)
  • Options
    I'm sure it'll look great Egg :0)

LOL@sticky banister moment!

Yeah comeback can wait till tomorrow - it's horrible out there! I'm staying inside!
  • Options
    Morning!

Typical eh? Bank holiday over and the sun comes out :-(

Rest day yesterday but track tonight :-)

Have a good day!!

• Options
    Yes bloody typical emmi!!

Enjoy track tonight eeeek no wonder you're a whippet!!!

I did intervals today, despite not being much fun it actually makes the time go quicker cos you're waiting for the next interval/rest, so is kind of fun in a way!LOL

Got RW mag today in post and it says something on the front about 5k racing, so will be reading up on that! think my race will come round quicker than I think and although I'm making progress, I dont think i'm quite at the stage of being able to run 12kph for a full 5k.

• Options
    Hi gang!!

Where are we all?

Track last night - 200m sprints followed by 1km efforts x 4

Lovely job!

Er - thought i'd let you know I'm racing on saturday bit of a last minute decison as couldn't decide what to do as in which 1 to do so I've opted for the

Wharfedale............off road..........Marathon!!

yep 26 miles and just over 3000ft (I think) but I'm told if i can do that Borrowdale recce then this is more than doable and I want to get the long miles in along with some climbing all in preparation for Borrowdale in August.

Can you do a blog on those just giving sites? I can't find out how to do one?

Egg - you still painting?
  • Options
    Afternoon all
    Good to see you back egg x

Wharfedale off road marathon!!!!!! Oh my word. I need some air........

Good luck emmi!

Hello everyone else!!!!

No training for me since circuit on Friday. Spent weekend sorting and packing stuff. It has actually turned out to be quite amicable. We went for a drink and a chat on Saturday night. We both got a lot of stuff off our chests which has really helped. My leaving seems to have woken him up a bit. So not quite as awkward as I expected which is a relief.

So off for a club run tonight. Hoping to do 6 miles but we will have to see what happens I think. Dont know when Im going to be able to do a longer run in prep for Freckleton half. Oh dear.Still I did take a chance entering with everything that was going on!
  • Options
    Emmi-just had a look at your justgiving page. Bl@@dy hell! Youve only been running since last Easter. I need air agin.......

What a star you are!
  • Options
    Stoxy - I was going to enter freckleton half - it's only 15 minutes from me, but hubbie is away and I would need a babysitter. Good course for a pb - nice anf flat!! Have you done it before?
  • Options
    No I havent emmi. Wanted to do it but didnt think Id get a lift so Im chuffed actually! As I say I dont think my trainings going to be anything near where it should be but its just one of those things!
  • Options
    you've got 2 hours 40 to do it in - even if you shuffle round you'll be fine. stay positive - if i can get a sitter and there are spaces I'll see you there!!

• Options
    Evening all!

Friggin 'ell emmi you're going to do a mara at the wkend, just like that!!! :0)))

.....I need air too!!!

You'll do brilliantly hun!

Ello Stoxy, glad things are ok :0)

Where the hell is everyone???!!.............

Usual run at lunchtime today with intervals interspersed cos I read in RW that short bursts of speed help with weightloss!LOL. So yesterday was proper interval sesh and today was weightloss interval sesh!

xx

• Options
    Morning all!

Sounds good Laura. I'm sure it's worth giving it a go?!!

We did something similar last night in that it was 5 miles of stopping and starting and whizzing around in different directions!!

We had a charity treasure hunt (well clues on paper then leg it to a point on map to answer clue!)

Egg - I was with Keith and Caroline - we didn't win (!!!) but had a good laugh.

I got stung by a bee, Caroline fell in a slurry swamp and Keith got chased by a cow!! great fun!

Resting now I think until saturday - shins giving me a bit of grief last night as we ran for the most part on road and I had trail shoes on so the much needed support of my Brooks wasn't there :-( Think I'll do this mara in my road pumps as it's all trails really and I reckon for 26 miles it may be the best bet?!

WHERE IS EVERYBODY??
  • Options
    I'm here - havent had much to say for myself this week.. been busy and things happening every day that have been hard to deal with

Glad it was a good night Emm.. when we did that treasure hunt the other week I wished I'd worn my trainers.. much easier on your feet and leg's

Road pumps probably the way ahead for the Marathon.. lol.. cant believe you!! You'll go and get a good time I bet. Just try not to race it - be interesting to read your report because 26 trail will be much different to 26 flat road I bet - more walk breaks probably needed but scenery will keep you going

SNG must be in deep taper madness and lost the ability to type!!!

I might try a small run Sunday in honour of would have been doing marathon..