Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options

Afternoon all

Back from work. Again.

WW
    I have a cousin at Lindale, near G-o-S. I'm very envious of your runs.

Tracey
    I agree about Abingdon - my last bit round the stadum was very fast last year - can't remember what, but I was amazed I could go that fast at the end of a mara.

JJ
    I'm sure if it's yours, a decent sized one would be more than adequate.
    How's your doodle?

• Options

Hi Mick
    I have a great mental picture of you and your friend trying to beat each other but looking as though you're not trying at all................

Must go and cook something.

• Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭

K2,
    You have us nailed, trying to run a sub 7 mile while not breathing is really tough.

I thought I would share a HR comparison of three runs I have done in the last 2 weeks, two races and today's run

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/MickC_bucket/HRcompare.jpg

The red one is a 5k race at a 4:22 per km pace
    The long pale blue one is a 14.7k race at a 4:42 pace
    The shorter dark blue on is today's friendly at a 4:43 pace.
    The spike on the latter one is a bad reading and should be ignored, BTW that is what a bad spike looks like for those that asked me.

The first conclusion I made was that the friendly was a lot easier than the two races.
    In comparing the two race two thing jump to mind
    1. Should I have started both faster or warmed up more extensively so the heart rate leveled off sooner.
    2. As the longer race reached a high HR did I not push hard enough in the shorter race.

Mick

• Options
    Hi eveeryone,

been reading back.

Lots of good running going on.

Maggie, I hope Lizzie gets all the help she needs and recovers soon.

JJ, did you doodle with your doodle?

What time is Ceal's race tomorrow?
  • Options

I have just looked at the time table and it is 8:30am tomorrow. Just had a text for Ceal. She says she is very nervous.

• Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Evening all

Maggie I hope you get to the bottom of Lizzies problem soon.

Tracey I agree Abingdon's a great race and it'll be god if they can get it back on the calendar.

Yesterday was a cross training day - at darts, this week managed to win as did the team image.

Tonight club run, even pace run for 8.29mi in 1.08.05, 8.12pace, ave HR 146, 76%WHR - good start for taper. Massage tomorrow ..........

Tracey don't forget the time difference Ceal's race is earlier our time.

Mike T

• Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭

WW,
    I finally figured out what a google pedometer was. Yes you can share them but it is a little tricky to get set up. Once set up it is easy.
    You will need a piece of software that will do screen captures, in particular just a piece of the screen not all of it. If you do not have one I can send you one which is very good and very flexible and no I didn't write it as it it way too good.  If you your website allows you to save your map on your PC then you will not need this but all the ones I looked at don't.
    Next you will need a website to store the image, lots of free ones around, if you don't already have one I can recommend one that is easy to use.
    You will also be able to use it to upload any pics to RW.

If all of that doesn't put you off just email me direct and I will get you started, no pressure just ignore me if it seems like too much of a hassle.

Mick

• Options

Empty

I will try and remember to text her again in the morning. As I now have to get up at 6am.

• Options

Hi folks,

Such a lazy day today. I always think that when a rest day is being held !
    But to me it's nae good unless rest days are taken as they do help my body somehow.

Pammie,
    Now, I haven't been to gym since I don't know when.  So, talking of rowing, it'll be like hard work once I get in that gym again.  Trouble is, when weather is so fine like it has been for past few weeks, the outside training takes over completely !
    Never actually done 10k continuously on a row machine, most in one session is 6k. No doubt about it, you'll be benefiting from your rowing exes.  I wish I had one at home.

MickC,
    Those SatMap progs you passed  to me are ace.  Have had quite a bit of fun playing around with them via Google and M/S.  I'd also be happy to acquire use of a free website in order to place pics on if you can point me in right direction.

JJ,
    Is Maizie likely to be going for a run with you when she is old enough? On your easy runs I mean to say.
    Glad you mention Chouette being on holiday, I did wonder where she was meself.

Here's wishing our Ceal the greatest impact she can make it tomorrow morning in her 10k.  By the time I'm fully awake she'll be possibly contacting us with news.

• Options

Diana,

You are very welcome to any of my runs.  Which one would you like image

• Options

Top of the Pops, how about that guys and gals !

I'll crawl away quietly........

• Options

Evening

back late - off early

Ceal

run strong - but not too strong in the beginnning!! Thinking of you

night all

• Options
    Morning

Just off to bed in a mo.

Ceal - Wishing you all the best for later today, run strong now

Impey - I use the gyms rower, got rid of my cheap old one, really don't have the space for a rower and i love the gyms one
  • Options

Morning all.

I send Ceal a text message with hugs and kisses from all us this morning.

• Options
    EmptyEmpty ✭✭✭

Morning all

Only one thing to say - GO, CEAL GO

Mike T 

• Options

morning all  image

the gun should just have started ceals race !!!!

WAY TO GO CEAL !!!!!

• Options
    Come on Ceal you can do it girl
  • Options

Can't wait to hear ceal's results!

Impey, I'll take a quick one (run) please.

Pilates needed a lot of concentration - trying to make the movements on an exhalation will keeping a neutral spine is harder than it looks.

• Options

Diana

I keep press F5 on the results for Ceal's race.

• Options
    me too Tracey, but the 800m result from Sunday is still not there so we may be waiting a while image
  • Options

Good morning all

The thought of ceal racing made me get out and go for a run. 3 miles in 33 minutes or so. Not brilliant but I may have found my mo. My jo is obviously more of a plodder but I think it's on its way.

JJ
    Glad you are so thrilled with your doodle. I'm sure all the village will be imprssed. They've probably never seen anything quite like it before.

• Options
    quote: silver again, same gold winner, stayed with her for 15 laps but had to let her go?  (not sure about that last bit I am interpretting text!)
  • Options
    Well done you super star
  • Options

WELL DONE CEAL image

• Options

Fab news about Ceal double silver medalist.

Just back from a 4 mile run.

39:12

Ave HR 164

Max HR 205 new max HR

1O:44 HR 143

8:37 HR 177

1Oimage3 HR 171

9:57 HR 171

• Options

FANTASTIC NEWS, CEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   image

• Options

Joaquina Flores  POR 46:28:87