Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options

ER - think the mountain air must be getting to you.

TR - glad your legs are OK. Mine are rough today. I haven't been out for a run. Did a long dog walk and a bit more local walking but that's it for today. Think this week will be an easier one. If I get time early tomorrow I'll go out for a short run. Then I'm not back until Thursday evening. So easy runs on Friday and Saturday before a longer run on Sunday. Then next week will be a harder one again - bit of hills, some speedwork and a 20 miler on the Sunday.

AA - shame about your injury mate. Hope it gets sorted soon. Yes, Saturday was great and I'm sure it helped me get round on Sunday (yes, on my own as I missed Des)

• Options

ER - think the mountain air must be getting to you.

Ooh, you'd have LOVED it yesterday in the Lakes. Freezing cold temperatures on the tops, a wee bit of snow on Helvellyn, cloud BELOW the tops and a great 2000ft descent straight down to Wythburn. Running just doesn't get any better!!! 21 miles and 6000ft in total yesterday.

next week will be a harder one again - bit of hills,

Eh up, ya big southern wuss...be careful image You're not planning up to 20ft of ascent in a 10 mile run again are you? image  You know it took you months to recover last time imageimage

AA - hope that knee sorts itself out. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Don't be too quick to go off and have surgery, it's amazing how often these things seem to clear themselves up in the end. Take care.

• Options
    I have no problem accepting that I just can't compete with your Arnie/Stallone/Willis-type lifestyle. You are clearly far more of a man than I could ever beimage
  • Options

Hi all .... back at work so can't post here and there as I could last week image

Took the kids over Witton lakes on their scooters after school whilst I ran as legs actually felt ok today image Only did 3.5M at recovery pace (10:00-10:30min/miling) and although legs felt a little fatigued to begin, no aches or pains to report and felt quite 'normal' by the end image

Juicer - seeing as ER has kindly reminded me that I have no husband (and never will have(oh how I sob looking at March issue of My Bride magasine each night) to blag the 'take it back to the shop', I think I'll go with the 'photocopy' option as I can do it for free at work. Will you be in tomorrow evening for me to borrow it and photocopy Wed?

TR - here's hoping we can do the same to the finish again on April 13th!!! image

• Options
    Peaceman wrote (see)
    I have no problem accepting that I just can't compete with your Arnie/Stallone/Willis-type lifestyle. You are clearly far more of a man than I could ever beimage
    Excellent, glad we've got that sorted PM image Fair play, you don't do too bad for a southerner image

RC - hey, can I borrow that that copy of My Bride magazine please? Will leave it on Juicer's pillow a few times as a hintimageimage
  • Options
    Evil Rich: Be careful with My Bride magazines !!!!  Its a leap year !!!
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

AA - Doh - You've runined Caz's suprise! image

Hope all goes well with the physio, take it easy AA!

Des/Pman/Caz/TR - Well done on your great runs over the weekend.

Juicer - Will chat with you tomorrow - But wil probs try n get a  copy of the map - Time permitting.

Had a pretty shitty weekend myself image (Not often i say that)  But hopfully the Hatrick of bad luck has past and I'm looking forward to a nicer weekend.....

• Options

Prue - sorry to hear that ... both about your weekend AND the map .... have just spent 20mins photocopying it for us!!  I wont waste my time trying to piece yours together until I know for defo your decision image Early indications are that at £7.99 it's well worth paying the money!! image

Did a 7M run lasty night in and around park. Had 2 walk breaks in the first 2M as felt quite sluggish but then ran the rest quite comfortably. Was very cold!! Had to have a loo stop 3 times!!! Had a nice relaxing evening after with dinner cooked for me, a bottle of wine and got sent off to work today with sandwiches made for me!! Think TR might need to borrow that My Bride magasine after you ER image

• Options

tr / er   -   Think you need to make sure you're both out of the country on the 29th !!  You'll be safe for another 4 years then!

Off to the gym to try and do some very gentle treadmill running..........

juicer: diclofenac ARE evil  - They really help the pain and swelling but the side effects I experience are not nice - get terrible itching sensation on feet and hands  about 4 hours after taking one image

Shall I auction the off on ebay image  ( the tablets ..not my feet and hands )

• Options
    No, no.  Give them to me.  I love them (the tablets.................)  image
  • Options

Brides leap year has the world gone mad.

You say its the 29th then AA will remember that day then image

• Options

Well done on all the running everyone

AA - Hope all goes well with the phys 

Well, I wonder what news the 29th will bring?!?! I'll be watching this space.

RC/Prue - have you tried the library for the map you need? That's what I do for LDWA thingees. I've never bought a map for any of those events. 

• Options

Well i decided to take two days off as its my cut back week this week and flew round the park in 57.28 gate to gate with a rather reserved first mile so very happy. Legs have felt fine after the weekend really good actually but on strict instruction from RC i have taken it easy. Think i was just seeing how  fast i could run on the 29thimage. finished off with a slow couple of miles to cool down back on a loop to the car.

Only a short one tonight a nice slow 3-4 as got to go out early.

Have a good run all

• Options
    Only 1 month and 19 days left RC till the big day (FLM that is)image
  • Options

is anyone considering doing the sutton fun run this year, just seen that the entries are open.

• Options

Hmmm, did think about whther I'd do that one again!?!?!

Did a 9M run yesterday, then drank lots, forgot to eat and what do you know ...... I aint feeling too good this a.m and the Mega Breakfast sub and diet coke for £1.99 (from subway with my VOUCHERS (that's for TR's benefit)) )isn't helping too much either!!

Tomorrow will be an interesting one image

• Options

tumps - I'll be doing it - pushing Sarah in the wheelchair again after missing last year.

Had an odd time in Lyon. I was really unwell for part of it (and no it wasn't the alcohol!) with a bad stomach. Not feeling too great today either. I want to go out for a run but I've got to wait for the bloke to fix the phone (it's the usual "any time between 8 and 12"), walk the dog and try to get the computer sorted as well. So this might end up as an even easier week than I plannedimage. I'm still planning on a 12-15 on Sunday but having not run for a few days it will have to be taken easy.

Still, the Rhayader info came through.

ER - fair enoughimage

Don't like all this stuff with Bride magazine - has the world gone mad?

• Options

I think it has PM! You'll notice all of us ladeez avoiding the subject vehemently!!

Sutton Fun Run.  I might if there's nothing better to do, or I can't get away to do better things.  I bet is coincides with the Garburn Trail Race or the Wharfedale off-road marathon though.  I'll have a look. 

• Options
    Got my Rhayader stuff today also,  looks like its just you and me then PM they all must be scared of somethink image
  • Options
    or even something
  • Options

Yeah, scared of getting injured falling over us as we pass out up that hill at mile 18image

• Options

Hello all,

I'm meeting Jason at 10.15 at Banners on Sun and will be heading around the park anti clockwise towards Boldmere if anyone wants to join in or meet on route. image 

• Options

Hey what's going on - I hardly ever post here and now I've got two in a row image. Had good run in SP today 3.07 - hopefully that equates to v close on 20 miles!!  Ran with Jason and a couple of miles wiht Mike -who I'd not seen in the park for ages.

Peaceman - hope the run went well today.

I'm thinking of doing with either Ashby or Stafford 20s on Sun 9th - anyone else doing either? 

• Options

well done Des. Looks like everyone else has left the country - I am emailing from the Serengeti -just a weekend break  to take a few snaps of wild animals image

BTW, is there a round the park run on tuesday evening?

the posters are out for the 7 Pools run on April 13 (?), anyone want to join in? Might be tempted if I can get my a*se in gear - first race for nearly a year!

• Options

I'm up for Tuesday evening. Same place same time?

I've sent off for the 7 Pools Run and the Fun Run.

Sorry to miss you Des and Jason. Did a very long dog walk instead of a run. Not good I know, but it meant taking a week off and getting back into it today. Sounds like it was good for you though.

• Options

Caz/Prue - well I can't find any official results as yet about Saturday.  But I found this much out:

There were 178 starters, and 11 DNFs

The winners were a pair of Mercia Fellrunners in 5hr 25

The last finishers took 10hr 10

I went back and checked out the route on the top of the Stiperstones on Sunday to see where we'd gone wrong and I could have cried.  At the point where I was saying to Prue that we should cut across, do you know what we would have found?  We would have found a gate leading to a beautiful 'Narnia' path - a wide shorn-grass runnable path, that would have took us to the checkpoint in 5 minutes.  Boo hoo, boo hooo.  Ah well, it's all practice.

Great day though girls.  Thanks for you wonderful company image  image

• Options

Cant do the seven pools run as i have a little run round London that should take up the best part of the dayimage

Cant make this tuesday run as got the kids but will be back next tuesday as norm.Did a 9 mile round SP on sunday but had to run early so could not join you Des sounds like a good long run but it was my cut back week last week and only managed 25 miles in total.

I hear you girls enjoyed your mad day out at the top of some hill, well done .

• Options

UltraMinnie,

Hi its me - system. How you doin'? I nearly came last  (1059 out of 1244) at the National x/c champs on Sat.

It was at Alton Towers. I would have been better off goin' on the rides!! 

Evil,

Are you going up Harriers this week? 

• Options
    system of a clown wrote (see)
    Evil,

Are you going up Harriers this week? 

Hi Daron, long time no see! Pleased to hear you're still enjoying your x-country!!

Nope, unlikely to be at Harriers this week and can't make Weds meeting. For what it's worth, I'm all for moving to the golf club and, once it's lighter in the evenings, we can get off-road to Limekiln Woods and the Ercall.

I've taken the vow I'm afraid - no more tarmac running for me. To be found on the Wrekin most Tuesday and Thursday lunchtimes at the momentimage

The Juicer wrote (see)

I went back and checked out the route on the top of the Stiperstones on Sunday to see where we'd gone wrong and I could have cried. 

Could have? You did image
    The Juicer wrote (see)

We would have found a gate leading to a beautiful 'Narnia' path - a wide shorn-grass runnable path, that would have took us to the checkpoint in 5 minutes. 

That would be the lovely runnable path that me and Andrew found with no problem would it? 4 minutes  I think it was, and every bit of it a joyful runimageimage

Nice running Des!! You should come and join us on one of our long hill jaunts.

• Options
    RC - are you about on Tuesday or is it just me and tumps?