Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options
    Just signed up for the Leeds Abbey Dash (10K) in November - this is where I got my 10K PB in last three years and is very popular so entered soon as entries opened.
  • Options
    Ooh dear Jovi. It's amazing how quickly parents can reduce you to a child again, isn't it? Very noble of you to even broach the subject with them!
  • Options

Good luck at the GP Howard. image

Wotcha Didds!  We know about running in the heat don't we!image 

• Options
    Tutu - what train are you getting back on the 13th - can you send me an email. If I can make meet up would make sense to try and get same train back.
  • Options

Howard - SO sorry to hear your foot's not behaving itself. I can understand it getting you down a bit. Perhaps if we all come to your house we'd better not mention the R***ing word...  Hope the PB at Edinburgh is helping to keep the frustration at bay.

I am looking very sexy today. One eye is swollen is swollen above the 'crease' and looks like I've gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson but without bruising. The other is twitching, red and runny.  Mmmm mmmmm.  Lovely.  And I don't get hayfever image.  The swollen eye might be a reaction to some plant or other i must have brushed against on my run this morning in an over grown section.  I was already full of antihistamine so didn't notice till I had a shower that I had attractive welts and lumps all over one thigh, together with charming spots all over my torso, but only on the side above the affected leg.  Wondering if whatever I'm allergic to has sort of travelled up my body to my eye  (but not anywhere else... ).  Very annoying. Need to get a passport-type pic done for something but I look reeeally like a bit of an axe murderer at the mo. Don't suppose a photo with sunglasses would be acceptable.image

• Options
    Didds is Didds Jnr looking forward to a summer on the beach getting bronzed and blonde and chatting up the girls and generallly looking cool?  Shouldn't think so.
  • Options
    AH - you sound gorgeous .... image
  • Options

come on jovi, come on jovi, come on jovi.......

• Options

In a hurry but..... 

Martin - the 29th is day after I move so I will be cleaning my old flat etc that day, sorry...

Susan - LOVE that pic of you, thanks for reminding me of it... image

DTF - you got it! Yes it really is that easy to win awards in this game!! (although you do have at least one more...) Coxy - you do have similar vaguely related award I believe, so fear not!

Jovi -
    1. I love Malham so much but never been running that way so hope it's still ok for me to tag along once it's all confirmed, thanks so much.
    2. Hope you can get your parents to change their minds, and if you do then I am on the 6pm National Express back to Leeds (train was too expensive, coach was £4!)
    3. I got the Abbey Dash email today too and am going to enter this week, memory permitting. Definitely want to do it this year.
    4. Glad Jovi Concert #1 was so good, cannot believe you queued that long though, what did you do all day?! 

• Options

Oh, I nearly forgot to build the Oscars up today

FOUR DAYS TIL OSCARS ARE ANNOUNCED!!!!!

• Options

Ah parents the, ultimate guilt trip.

My Edinburgh PB is giving me a big boost but I'm running out of people to bore with my exploits.

Just checked the FLM 2007 results to find out exactly what a distant relation did; she was faster than me last year. She is 26, 6'3" and very trim. However my Edinburgh time is 9s faster! There's life in the old geezer yet.

• Options
    Tutu - Just about to go for run with mate so will let you know details on my return. Queing up is great fun. As it is 90% women we sit around talking most of the time image - also play cards/picnic - the queing is all part of the fun as you see the same people at most shows so over the years you get to know them quite well. Plan on geting there even earlier for Southampton to try and get a front row spot - looking like 4/5 am at the moment! Fanclub has very orderly numering sytem for the queues & you are free to go off for a bit so don't thave to sit there all day thankfully! The time always seem to fly by.
  • Options
    It's another world in the Land of the Bon Jovi...
  • Options
    HRR in the hope that it might make you feel better (although it prob won't) I ran this morning and was as sluggish as Mrs Slimey the Slug after a day in the Slime pit.  Very nice to be out and all (and to get lacerated by Hen-eating plants) but still low on energy. So at the moment you prob won't be at a disadvantage, not running. You'll be recharging your energy levels nicely.
  • Options
    Very exciting - Oscars night on friday - what are we all wearing ??  image
  • Options
    what two sofas and an arm chair?? image
  • Options
    TuTu is announcing oscars on Friday she said.... pay attention phileas fogg....
  • Options
    Had enjoyable run around reservoirs tonight - felt a lot stronger than last weeks run so am starting to feel a bit more positive. Managed to trip over a tree root at end of run and went a** over t**. No injuries other than a very grazed knee and damaged pride - I felt a right twit. Also played badminton afterwards so feeling quite tired now.
  • Options

Feel good to breaking some lovely news to a new club member tonight - she just did 3.41 at Edinburgh (only her second marathon) and was moaning about how she never get into the London ballot - so I told her she can get a Good For Age place - she had no idea what one was! She was so excited. And I was, of course, so jealous....! Just can't believe she didn't know that and nobody else had thought to tell her before! Luckily you have til end of Aug to apply for GFA place (pathetic that I know all this despite being nowhere near getting GFA time myself - ho well)

First run in 11 days tonight, legs are hating me for it as I pushed myself quite hard. Nearly 7 miles, quite a bit off road. Really fun though, lovely evening for it.

Will go virtual (as in, pretend!) shopping for new gown for Oscars I think. Oooh! 

• Options

Jovi - just sent you email but forgot to say I've entered Abbey Dash too - thought I may as well do it straight away.

Also another piece of silly excitement from tonight - I have a new Kirkstall Harriers vest that says 'Leeds England' on the back!!!! Have wanted one for ages and they are very limited edition, only about 20 ever printed I think. How sad it that?! Won't wear it for races in Leeds though....image

• Options

image More bad pet news - just taken one of the cats to the vet again.  His breathing's become very laboured and he's all listless - didn't leap up for grub this morning.  Vet thinks it may be some sort of allergic reaction like last time.  So poor old pusscat is still there being filled with steroids.  Fingers crossed.

• Options

On a more positive note I've just sent off my application to do a UKA level 1 coaching course next monthimage. Have been toying with it for ages because I'm doing so much training and want to understand it more.   I want to help Jack, too.  And it means I can do something a bit more meaningful to help with the juniors at the club.  Some of you guys might find it interesting.  The level 1 course is a day and costs £60.  It's very basic but is a start.

What I've really wanted to do for ages is a sports massage diploma - again more for my own knowledge and understanding rather than to set up in business.  But that's financially out of my reach at the moment.  So it feels good to be learning something running related!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

ah good luck with that, you know you have some guinea pigs

Had a lovely run last night, 4 1/2 miles in the forest, lovely! This morning 23.4 miles on the bike, also lovely!! I am hoping that my fitness levels will get up with all this biking! Feel like it is!

Ah I had a bit of a reaction too, though not as bad as you!  Call of nature in the forest and the mozzies descended on my bottom and had a few bites!!

Tutu, how cool is that for your club mate?? Excellent

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Nice new pic Wabo!  How on EARTH have you already managed 23 miles on the bike this morning???? You must have been up early.
  • Options

Hi folks - im off work poorly sick - bed ridden the lot. Its either food poisoning or (scary thought) the water i swam in last week during my aquathlon. Just getting worse every day and today feel drained  of energy. Can drink only water (lucozade no good). Anyway probably too much info but im lying here fed up and not run since sat morn when i started to feel ill!.

A bike ride this am sounds fab!!!!!

AH your course sounds good. Id like there to be more variety in who takes our club sessions - can get a bit samy. Some girl power would also be good.

• Options

Morning all, leaving work early to go virtual shopping for a  maternity evening dress for the oscars.   How exciting!  Have we invited "Hello"?  Hope my swollen feet go down a bit in time.

AH - sorry to hear about your allergic reaction and the poorly pussy cat.   The coaching course sounds really interesting. When do you start, how long is the course and what does it entail?

Poor XCR - doesn't sound good at all. Have you been to see your GP?  This heat isn't going to help you either.

• Options

Hi Coxy -Had a phone appt yesterday with doc when he said just drink lots of fluids. I am waiting for another call as i can't go to docs (nooooo energy) and need to know if i should now try and eat. Also i hadn't thought of my aquathlon when i spoke to doc yesterday and instead put it down to bbq on friday night. OH is fine though.

Its hard not being at work to be honest - feel bad.

Not sure i can make the 'Oscars' with this horrible bug - but i will watch virtually of course. Saves me buying a gown! image