Options

Support Group 2

Group 2

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.   

Supporters
Rio
Gillymac

Runners
Al Giles 2
Bikila (Sub 3:45)
Eva Midsole
Hackett
Jaffa
JWrun (Jo)
Lou7
Minardi (Ultra Kazzaaaah)
Rafter
Rob 22
Slimline chips (soon to change forum name)
Tracey G (Ultra Kaz please)
way2slow
Vickkie Judd
Emma Linton
A Princess
Fran Knight

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before.  To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo.  Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday.  Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station.  There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station.  I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course.  The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, there will also be a large '100 yards to RW Supporters' sign hung up.  When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race.  Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 19th April.Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Options
    Hello neighbours!! image
  • Options
    Sorry slight runner swap around Tracey G & Minardi moved to Group 4

Group 3

Runners
    Al Giles 2
    Bikila (Sub 3:45)
    Eva Midsole
    Hackett
    Jaffa
    JWrun (Jo)
    Lou7
    Rafter
    Rob 22
    Slimline chips (soon to change forum name)
    way2slow
    Vickkie Judd
    Emma Linton
    A Princess
    Fran Knight
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

Hi everyone - here's my info

Forum name: way2slow
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Rachael
    Race number: will add on later
    Estimated time to mile 17: somewhere between 2hrs15 and 2hrs35
    What you'll be wearing: black shorts / 3/4s and desford striders vest (blue with red writing)
    Any special needs*: high 5 gels (preferably with plenty of caffeine in) and a good kick up the backside if running closer to 2:35 image

• Options

BB - I'm sure you dont need a complete amateur/flm virgin like me to mess up all your hard work and lists, but could I please go in Lady Sue's group (5?) as she's the only on who'll know me - I'm quite small/insignificant,  so easily missed.

Really appreciate all the work you lovely supporters will be doing on the day (quaffing champers included) (Scrape scrape!)

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Forum name : JWrun
    Name:  Jo (a girl not a boy!)
    Race number 42843
    Estimated time to mile 17; i'm going to say 3 hours to be safe but hopefully more like 2.45
    What you'll be wearing; black 3/4 length trousers, white t-shirt and a dark green PSP Association (charity) vest, oh and black glasses.
    Any special needs*; thinking perhaps of a mars bar or something like that, will drop off at the expo with some supplies for all to use (as requested - jelly babies, jaffa cakes etc).

So looking forward to it, will need a big encouraging cheer of "GO JO" at this stage

Is great that you guys are doing this, i'm looking forward to seeing some faces behind the names - although hopefully i won't be hanging round for long!

Good to see Rob in this group - I doubt you'll miss him! ! image

Cheers

• Options

Hi everyone!  My details:

Forum name:Lou7
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Louise
    Race number: 6817
    Estimated time to mile 17: roughly 2 hrs 30 mins
    What you'll be wearing: Black shorts and red top
    Any special needs*: Just a big cheer and some encouragement please!

Really appreciate this too - the difference a bit of support at this stage in the race can make is huge - thank you.image

• Options
    Hi guys.  Rio is away with work for a couple of days and I don't think she's got internet access.  Don't feel forgotten about.  She'll post on her return. image
  • Options

imageimageimageHi all,

Let's get this party started..................... 

• Options

Party, Party, Party imageimageimage

Can't wait to see you guys down a mile 17. 

• Options

Party, Party, Party imageimageimage

• Options

<<<<relaxed creeps in>>>>>

Hi Group 2 image   <<<<waving madlyat Gillymac>>>>>

I'm sure you're all lovely and hope you all have a fab time but....................

Group 5 rule OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image5image5image5image

• Options

A bit of inter group rivalry going on here I think!

Just popping in to say hi to all fellow runners and most importantly supporters.

I'll stick my details up when I'm at home and have my number and have worked out what I might be wearing on the day (can't decide between the Rhino outfit or Postman Pat?)

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Now we all know

firsts the worst seconds the BEST third the ones with the hairy chests! Fourth the King Fifth the queen, sixth the one in the washing machine!! Dunno about the other numbers, i think that was the whole thing!!

CHAMPIONEEYS CHAMPIONEYS OH LEY OH LEY OH LEY! image

• Options

Forum name:  Rafter
    Name:  Nick
    Race number: 35176
    Estimated time to mile 17:  Hmm.. Here's hoping: 2hr 30mins (approx 12.30pm?)

What you'll be wearing:  British Heart Foundation runner T-shirt, shorts (something like this:  http://www.justgiving.com/nickkershaw )

Any special needs:  I'll drop off some stuff at the expo for everyone, but hopefully I won't need the stretcher!  Seriously though, nothing I need apart from the massive support you have planned!

Rocking with group 2!! image

• Options

Group 2 are the champions of the world imageimageimageimage2image2image2image2image2image2image2image2image2image2image2image2

this is where the party is...................imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    <<<sneaks in, turns off light switch>>>
  • Options

*waves at Rob*

HA! Who's in the dark side now huh? Well played mlc, well played.

• Options
    turns up light, wow it's bright in here...........................imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

*removes lights, fuses and all things electrical*

HA!  Beat that Rob.

Go Group 5!!

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

*Stands with hands on hips* 

Hey group two

Where are all the rest of the runners?

COME ON PEOPLE !

FEEL THE MARATHON EXCITEMENT!!!!image

I

• Options

Never fear I'm here JW, with my underpants nicely over my tights ready to run the FLM.........in a 13ft pink nurse..........image help me...........................

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

full details of moi now included....

Forum name: way2slow
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Rachael
    Race number: 24110
    Estimated time to mile 17: somewhere between 2hrs15 and 2hrs35
    What you'll be wearing: black shorts / 3/4s and desford striders vest (blue with red writing)
    Any special needs*: high 5 gels (preferably with plenty of caffeine in) and a good kick up the backside if running closer to 2:35 image

if you need to me pick up the gels - can i leave them at the expo thursday afternoon?

• Options
    Hello, here I am!

Forum name: A Princess
    Name: Adele
    Race number: 19416
    Estimated time to mile 17: 2 hr 55 mins-ish
    What you'll be wearing: NSPCC vest with 'ADELE' and 'FITARTIST' on it with black capri tights
    Any special needs: Possibly Jelly Babies, probably just lots of encouragement and smiles please!
  • Options
    where's the rest of our group?image
  • Options
    I'm here and ready to party!!!!!  Don't know where everyone else has gone!!!image
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Still here! Still ready to go !

party boom bay yeah party boom bay yeah!!!

• Options
    Hi all, hope everyones training well, im guessing this is the last long run weekend?

Good luck with your tapering.
  • Options

I am back from the wilds of Manchester image

I will try and make notes of who wants what.  I will be at the expo on Saturday if anyone needs anything picking up then. 

I am glad to be supporting this year and I will be leaving the Little Miss costume with the charity for some other poor soul to wear this year.

• Options

Thanks Rio - maybe the Little Miss costume would help us pick you out in the crowd!!!  Just lots of cheers and encouragement for me please.  I think you are all doing a great job and maybe one year when I'm not running I will return the favour.

C'Mon Group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

• Options

c'mon 222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222imageimageimage

we are champions of the world