Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options
    Oh boy not been on here for ages!! Had quicky read and good luck with Glen clova Remoh and anybody else racing clova, fraserburgh or whatever else is on. image
  • Options
    Dundee Runner - thanks, off to catch the boat soon. Good luck to anyone else racing too.
  • Options
    Ended up with 65 miles for the week in 6 days. No race this weekend , but traveling to our kind of football in Baton Rouge tomorrow. Good luck to all racing. Tigerspaw hope you get over what seems to be hitting all of us with. A friend on another thread got the Swine flu and they gave him an injection.
  • Options

Morning you lot.

Was driving through to Edinburgh last night and and saw warning signs about Stormy Weather Forecast and to drive carefully. Mrs B asked what this warning was about ! On the way back it poured from about Harthill Servics and hasn't stopped since ! Soaked when out this morning...

Tigerspaw: Get well soon.

Older son is playing football (that 's soccer to you Tom image) down at Greenock later.

Enjoy your day.

• Options

Our weather (Perth) is OK at the moment (dry and calm) so heading out in a wee while.

Good luck to any racers today.

• Options

Was out this morning in Glasgow, in the rain- I'm usually a fair weather runner, and wimp out to the warmth of the tready, but I just felt like going outside for once, despite the rain- enjoyed it!- have finally found the solution to being blinded by rain/ steaming up effects on specs- a baseball cap- style hat- looks realy stupid, but keeps the rain off the glasses.

Adbru/ DR, I'm down for Lochaber, too- managed just under 4hr last year, hoping for nearer 3:45, as that's my predicted time according to half marathon pace- seems a VERY long way off! There's a Lochaber thread going, but it's very quiet on there still.

• Options

4 mile trail run today for me, managed to miss the rain.
    Dull but not to bad here image

Hope the racers did well

Tricia, is there a link to the lochaber thread ?? might keep an eye on it. 

• Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭

hello all imagejust back from Clova an i am hobbling all over the place probably shouldnt have ran but hey ho. didnt have the pre race pasta opted for steak and kydney pie with chips yum imagewe get  to the hotel get our room and then right down to the bar where a few pints were taken on board this i usually have cereal toast and a few bananas, had the cereal and then grilled kippers double yumimage result 1.36.46 like i said before if it was any other half m i wouldnt bothered but as it was Clova well enough said and now, tucking into a chinese triple yumimage happy running everyone

• Options

Well Done Remoh, Happy 100th imageimageimage.

Hope everyone else got on okay racing today, and Elspeth not held up with the storms on her boat trip image. Not a day I would like to be travelling the Pentland Firth, or the North Atlantic come to that, thats a fact image.

• Options

Good luck everybody on a Sunday. Tigerspaw hope you get better. Tri, good luck on mar. Remoh,, you must have run the 1/2, congrats. Morning birkmeyer. Hope training goes well for the rest of you. adbru on your trail run, ffb and bedshaped.

• Options

Afternoon all image  Well done Remoh at Glen Clova. Not seen any reports yet but our girlies did well image

Feeling any boingier yet Tigerspaw? Hope so image

Cross Country yesterday was fantastic!!! What a brilliant day out we had. We ran the course first so we knew what we were up against which turned out to be a great idea as we knew that the first mile was a long slow uphill so while everyone went flying off, us sensible folk paced it nicely image  Puddles knee deep with ankle deep mud at the bottom for loads of sections. Really challenging and varying terrain but such good fun image

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend too!!

• Options

Afternoon all

Yep I'm much boingier now thanks all image. It was a bit of a storm in a teacup really, just loads of mad sneezing fits, headaches in the mornings, etc, it never amounted to much, battled it away image. I have a sneaking suspicion that my neighbour keeps brushing her dog out on the stairs outside my front door, and this has been adding to my swollen throat and mad sneezing image.

Been out on the bike today, lovely day out on the moors, bit windy though image...luckily behind me on the way home cos I was starting to feel quite knackered fighting uphill into the wind image.

Well done on the x-c Bedshaped....knee deep puddles, sounds fun imageimageimageimage.

I past a guy today who was obviously going somewhere 'interesting' to run, he was on a bike, but wearing running gear, ie shorts, trainers, vest, gore jacket, waist pouch with water........whereas I had on, 3 cycling tops, jacket, long bib tights, cycle shorts, 2x pairs gloves, shoes and over-shoes image LOL. He said he was jealous of my cosy boots imageimage....well, what can I say image, I was out for hours in the hills being chilled by the wind, whilst he only went as far as Newton Mearns before he turned off to do his run image.

• Options

Just back from my day in Glasgow, hadn't realised it was going to be the Christmas light switch on today.  It is still only November!

Hope everyone did well in all their racing and training over the weekend.  Managed to fit in 13 miles LSR yesterday, but only a couple of miles this morning before hitting the road.

• Options

Hi - Fraserburgh half yesterday, well worth the effort of getting there. Nice friendly race, flattish course with a bit along old railway line, sunny skies and light breeze. Not the best time for me 1.53 but enjoyed it nevertheless, met some old faces from earlier in the year and a great spread was put on afterwards with enough food to keep me going for hours. Hopefully will pesuade some friends along next year.

The Pentland Firth was kind both ways, even the trip north from Aberdeen last night was smooth. Not a bad end to this year's racing.image

Next thing on agenda Lochaber in April - seems a long time off!

• Options

Well done Elspeth, glad you survived your trip and it was a good run.

I was hoping Buchlyvie would be my last half of the year, but it looks like that event is not happening this year, so I'm gonna go off and do my own off-roader instead at some point before December, maybe a 15 or a 20.

Working on building the weekly miles up, and concentrating on 3 or 4 day 'blocks' of training followed by a rest day, in an attempt to replicate the events I want to do next year.

• Options
    Well done Elspeth, glad you had a good weekend and enjoyed the spread.  I still have to enter Lochaber, but do plan running it next year - so maybe see you there?
  • Options
    Does anyone on here know if any of the shortlisted runners in the lucazade 6 competition are from north of the border?  Just looking for reasons to vote for some of them, and local allegiance is as good a reason as any.  Do not recognise some of the names on the shortlist, so was wondering if you knew of them.
  • Options

A'noon you lot.

Dundee: We were in Glasgow on Sun evening (up at Buchanan St Bus Station) and saw the George Sq  Christ mas Lights firework display. Why don't they switch the Christmas lights on a bit nearer December ?!

Respect to the female runner doing reps in the Battery Park, Greenock on Sat a'noon. It was wet and windy, yet she was doing reps for about 45 mins ! It wasn't only me who said that, others watching the football game on the Asto pitch mentioned it too.

Soaked agin this morning when out, but been dry since, I think !!

Have a good day.

• Options
    Hi Birkmyre, we had left before the lights thing started, just saw all the signs up around the center for it.  That sounds like one dedicated runner you saw on Saturday.  Bright and sunny here at the moment, so hoping it will stay dry for my run this evening (but the sun will not be up by that time)
  • Options

Hi Folks, Not been on for a few days. Everyone seems to be doing well. Saw remoh and a few others at clova. It was not a good race for me. There just was not a half in my legs image. If it had been a 10 miler I would have been fine. Seized up at 9 miles and the reduced to walking intervals in the last 2 miles. Got PW for the year, but it was still better than my previous Clova time which is my all time PW imageimage

The hot bath and ceilidh were good though.

Anyway, I am now under strict orders to go on active rest for 2 - 3 weeks, no running but any other cardio is fine, and loads of stretching and yoga. My sports injury therapist tells me that the legs are needing a break, she has never seen me so tight, plus all the little stabilising muscles all the way through my legs and hips are showing signs of overuse.

I am quite looking forward to doing something a bit different and focussed.

• Options
    remohremoh ✭✭✭

hello all imagewell done FFB  the last 2 miles are a bugger and can affect anybody tired or not. thats my running finished for the year imagedidnt have anything else planned for this year so just going to chill out.

next main run will be Lochaber so will atart thinking about that in the new yearimage

• Options
    FFB sorry to hear that you had such a poor finish to the race, hope that the rest does the trick and you can soon enjoy running again.  Enjoy your active rest for the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Oh well, bit the bullet and put in my entry to Lochaber - something to keep me focussed over the dark winter months when it would be easier to stay curled up in a nice warm bed.
  • Options

Well Done on Clova FFB image.

Yep it feels like a long year running wise, what with training through last winter for Cape Wrath back in May, good idea to take a break every now and again and do something different image.

Looks like quite a few people off here doing Lochaber image. Good to have an early one to aim for.

In the meantime I am being held to ransom in my house waiting in for a courier imageimageimage......'luckily' I have plenty of work to do image.

• Options
    I'm  doing Lochaber too, so will definitely need to keep my fitness levels up over the next few weeks with some cycling, stepping and xTrainer sessions. I am quite looking forward to some creative training planning,
  • Options

birkmyre i did 3 miles last thursday night then 5 laps of Battery Park ...half way round hail stones and rain chucked it down for 10 minutes then clear sky,s but i was already soaked to the skin and a puddle 5inch,s deep appeared and i ran thru it 5 times ...looked like a drowned rat tbh...

trainers weighed 2 stone each i,m sure,didnt do time any goodimage

• Options

hope to see lots of you at Lochaber then and be able to put some names to faces. It wasn't going to happen at Loch Ness, just too many people!image

Still a bit travel weary but hope to get out again tomorrow.

• Options
    Back up in Omaha, after 14hr. drive. Back in tights, kissed the warm weather goodby in the south. Near freezing here. Miidle of week already. Good luck racing this week, or getting over the crude or good trainging.
  • Options

A'noon.

Dundee: Didn't even know they were switching the George Square lights on last Sunday (and I work about 2mins walkfrom there !)

Pengiun: There were a few runners in the Battery Park on Sat. They were probably all looking the way you described your run from last Thursday. Are you a member of either of the Greenock running clubs ?

Saw a couple of runners still wearing shorts out running, as I came into work this morning. Braver than me !

• Options
    birkmyre wrote (see)
    Saw a couple of runners still wearing shorts out running, as I came into work this morning. Braver than me !

Birkmyre, on Sunday you could not miss it, there were signs everywhere pointing out where to go and stating it was a ticket only event.

I had my tights on for my run this morning and felt quite warm, so might have run in shorts if I had known.  It is that time of year when you could be in shorts one day and tights the next, the weather is that uncertain.