Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    13.23 mile in 1:27 this morning delighted with that, actually felt fit for 1st time in ages.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

22.3 miles today ... 9:29 m/m. One more biggie next week and then it's taper time. image

• Options

A mix of hills, trails and roads this morning - the sun peeped out every now and then and I regretted not wearing gloves as my hands were frozen on the run, looks can be deceptive!image 

2:30hrs / 15.23miles

• Options

Hard 5 miles this afternoon. Felt cold this morning and then when I was out, the sun was deceptively warm.....and I had to avoid drunken bank holiday revellers!!

5.14miles/42mins

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Waterloo 15K multi terrain race on the Sefton coast 7 miles N. of Liverpool.  Breezy, sunny, well marshalled event: my 13th time running it lol  Paced it pretty well: 1:14:37 unofficial.  Running slowly to/from the event gave me a total of 13 miles today image
  • Options
    Great running Swittle image

The Hampshire 10k for me today. I wasn't too surprised when I arrived to find it bloody cold and to find a very strong wind blowing in off the sea. No matter which way you ran it was in your face for a good part of the race.

The marshalling was absolutely pants, ask the 1st placed runner that was disqualified!

Starts in the stadium with 3 x around a 400m track (unless you leave at the 2nd lap that is)The marshalls shepherd you to the outer edge of the track lap by lap until you leave the stadium on the 3rd lap

A run down to the lido with a loop on it before returning along the same path back to the stadium and then once around the track (approx 2.5 miles)

Back down to the lido and the loop before returning to the stadium and another lap of the track to finish

There are parts on the small loop that could easily mislead you without a marshall in sight. A big thank you to a couple of the local youth who pointed us in the right direction image

2nd M40
    7th overall
    35m 52s

An pootle for me tomorrow I think image
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Cheers, Jon.  That's a cracking time you ran - what did the 1st M40 do?  I run mostly off road events and marshalling is almost always A1 quality.  Shame about your experiences today. image
  • Options
    Swittle, the 1st M40 came in 30 seconds in front of me image I could see the bugger but he was a stronger runner. Still it gives you something to aim for!
    I sometimes train off road but have never raced off road. I'm always a little weary of going over on my ankles or something.... a bit chicken I guess but I am what I am image
    Normally the marshalls are pretty good. In fact the ones in the Gosport half last year were too nice!!!! Sometimes I need to be ordered where to go! In general though, most have been great but today was definitely an off day. However, the same course is used for the D Day 10k on the 31st so they have plenty of time to redeem themselves image
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Next time then, Jon image  As far as possible, I always train off road - lucky to live 10 minutes from the sea with beach & trails aplenty. Am sure adjusting to the terrain strengthens ankles, knees & hips but still enjoy a blast on the roads lol
  • Options

5M Fartlek. Hard.

Legs feel very heavy so it must have worked !

Hope I don't get cramp on my way to work this morning...image

• Options
    5 miles of hard hills (I think one was technically a cliff).

It was gooooooooood.
  • Options

Hello people

Nice thread to have found. Good to see so many people covering impressive distances!

I am on the way back after lots of injury over the last two years. At my best I am (I was, rather!) sub 40 on 10k, and sub 1.30 HM, but that won't happen for a while yet. Next race: Moors Valley 10k on Sunday. First race this year, and hoping to be around the 47/48 minute mark, and hopefully building strength from there without getting injured. Oh, am 42 years old, male, and er, Dutch, but living in Hampshire.

Last Run:  8M (almost) in 1.06.30. Long steady run, yesterday

• Options
    Did 10 miles again yesterday. Always found endurance difficult, as I get bored easily and get lots of aches and pains after runs as I'm tall (6'5"), but started doing a 10 miler 2/3 times a week now, and it's really improving my endurance. Only usually ran around 8 at most before. Been running on and off for years (1:37 half marathon pb, and 42mins for the 10k), but i'm slow at the moment, but trying to get back to where i was (10 years ago) and faster if possible. I'm 36 now.
  • Options
    Great running All

Welcome Dutch from a Yorkie living in Hampshire image

I should have rested yesterday but put in a fairly workmanlike 6 in 39' 35"

Definitely long and slow today image
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

4.5 miles @7:41 m/m and 72% wHR. Felt good. image

• Options

Hi All, went out this afternoon, all well for first 7 miles 8.30 min/mile....then a case of IBS (or at least thats what i think it is!) Why does that happen when your at the furthest point away from home on a run???image followed by another 7 miles of 10+min/mile. Owwww!!! my knee hurts! Looks like I've got a few days with no running!!!

• Options

Well done JS7 your times are an aspiration for me. Welcome all new people and good luck with your running. I did 6 miles on the treadmill today followed by weights. 4 miles were at tempo pace of 6:48. This followed two days of rest as I am on a taper for Leeds half. 7 easy miles planned for tomorrow image.

• Options
    Thanks Jfp I'll take that as a great compliment from a fellow runner and I have to say you are definitely upping the pace Buddy image

I'd like to think that as we get older we can still put in a shift! I wish I was up doing the Leeds, sounds like a good course.
    I have to wait now until 31st May for the D Day 10K and then nothing really planned until the Abingdon Marathon in October image .... I'm sure something will pop up though image

10 miles in 1hr 13m 57s for me today. I took a route I haven't run for a while to include some of the Gosport Half so nice and flat. It felt really good to get out and run long and steady paced. I was nice and relaxed and one of the most enjoyable road runs I've had for some time.
  • Options
    Anyone mind if I join?
  • Options
    It's open to all iRun, we all have to start somewhere image

Welcome on board image
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Check the very first post in the thread JS7. image
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Yay! ! imageThe return of the creator.  How are you doing, iRun?  Injuries all mended?

0630 A laboured 5 miles near the beach with enforced return home for pit stop part way through image

Still not fully recovered from Monday's race lol 

• Options
    iRun you sneaky beggar image

Cheers DD and I stand humbled image
  • Options

Easy 4 miles this morning. Recovering from Fartlek.

Nice dry and windless day up here in West of Scotland.

• Options

Despite feeling a little run-down from hayfever symptoms I went out for my mix of hills, trails & roads again yesterday evening at my normal pace - managed 14.30miles in 2:15.

But feeling really lousy this morning, a bit light headed and still sneezing - may have to enforce rest for the next few days as got a 10mile event on Sunday.image

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Much more myself today image  Five miles through the park & up to Burbo Bank, where I dropped onto the beach for a while before picking up the grassy trails leading home.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Where are you up to ont he streak days/mileage now swittle?

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Er, 1055 days and just over 6200 miles in that time.  Next milestone: 1096 days = 3 years, in mid June.image

How are you keeping Dr. Dan?

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Very well Master Swittle!image   My mileage is becoming respectable as I inch forwards towards the Chester maraton at the end of the month. Been a slog but only one more biggie to go on Sunday and then I start tapering. Hopefully this will set me up for a summer of PBs at the shorter distances.

Well done on the continuing streak ... amazing!! image 

Today was 10.25 miles @ 9:09 m/m and 61% wHR. Felt quite tired so kept it nice and easy.

• Options

4 miles this evening @ 8'24 around the university. Still not feeling like normal after Sheffield Half, but the hellish crossfit session yesterday didn't help my legsimage

Not sure how to deliberately slow down for longer runs....any ideas? I know is sounds mad, but running slower seems hard to maintain