Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    SJMacka wrote (see)
    Swimming is the only exercise Im aloud to do. I HATE SWIMMING!

Swimming is for fish. I hate it too!

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

MLR was 7.1 miles @8:35 m/m and 66% wHR. Felt well recovered from Saturday's race ... down to only doing 30 miles last week. Tapering is nice.image

• Options
    Hello all, 1st post on here.

13ish miles tonight, mostly in Sutton Park, absolutely beautiful, longest run since Stratford marathon.

Averaged 9.17m/m @ 75% MHR
  • Options
    After a long Sunday run I thought a nice pootle for today was in order but had forgotten about my monday morning surprise!

At lunch time I ran 3.32 at 9 48s but took a little time out earlier in the morning for a fitness test (Bleep test) at 10 45 and was pleased that I was ahead of what I achieved in 2002, especially after 15.5 miles on Sunday.

Bleep test result 13.6
  • Options

5m Fartlek Session for me this morning.

Tough session and my legs and lungs know it.

Stomach feeling much better though, thankfully.

• Options

Hi all

My running  is sporadic to say the least. After gaining entry into the VLM this year in December I have hardily run (including missing the VLM). Starting from scratch in April I am up to 3 miles at a time every couple of days.
    I have plantar faciitis and it was driving me mad but I am resigned to my fate now.
    I will get back in time but i've not posted any runs on here as i do not consider them worthy enough yet. Maybe thats a selfish attitude?
    Good to see the regulars still plodding, keep it up.

I will post soon!

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Welcome Madlot.image

iRun - hope the comeback goes well. Run slow and land gentle. The book "Born to Run" starts with the author's frustration with continual plantar faciitis ... he ends up being an ultra runner and now uses VFFs. best of luck.

• Options

That was a very early run, Birkmyre!image and I thought I was early getting out just before 7!

3.54miles/30mins on the trails in nice sunshine - almost hot!

• Options

Runnaholic:  I used to start work at 7am, now it's 8am. However I still get up and run at my 'old 'time before I go to work. It helps that I'm a morning person though !

• Options
    Yesterday evening, 8.1km in 52min and it absolutely killed me. Steep hills exasperated by the heat and lack of any shade for about 4km, yuk.
  • Options

slightly warmer this morning than my last few early runs (read : above freezing!) tho a mist was hanging about, which burnt off as I ran. Have settled into my double loop of the village now for the mornings as it avoids almost all the traffic, and given we are on a commuter run there is plenty of traffic early doors, most of which is not inclined to pull over for a runner, but rather blow past close enough to touch. Went out nice and quick, and finished on my quickest mile this year. First training run under 9mm so happy bunny today.

4m in 35.30

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
     A 3.45 mile outing for me today ... no watch so no pace/HR. image
  • Options

Hi folks!

Hill Reps! 10x about 320 meters with about 6.5% incline, all between 1min 34 and 1min37.

Pleased with the thigh busting work out.

And a couple miles gentle jog afterwards, to enjoy the weather.

Nice going Dr. Dan, Hanna and others!

• Options
    Offroad bike ride for me tonight.
    1hr11. 13.9mls. 130AvHR.
    Lovely sunny evening.
  • Options

A 6 mile trot out in the Hampshire countryside at 5am.  BEAUTIFUL!!!  Wild garlic in flower, 3 rabbits, 2 pheasants and a hare image

• Options
    Went out today, ran for about 20 minutes then just stopped. My legs were hurting and I just didn't feel motivated. I took up running to enjoy it, and I don't want to feel like i have to run so I just walked home. I'm going to have a rest day tomorrow and see if I can find the motivation to run again on Thursday.
  • Options
    5k through Rowney Warren woods  at 9am. I didn't time it as I'm breaking in my new Asics 2150s so was only concerned about how the shoes felt. Happy to report that so far so good image
  • Options
    6.5 at lunch time incorporating half mile reps x 5. Absolutely fantastic weather and to be honest the run played second fiddle to the sunshine image

After dinner my son asked if we could go running. We ran when he was a lot younger (about 11 years old but then he lost interest) and I've been trying to get him back on the road for a long while now. He is 14 and an awesome runner easily putting me to shame. I can see big things in him image

7 miles at 8 minute mile pace and a fantastic run and chat with my eldest son. Some days just don't get any better than this image
  • Options
    Stephen Allford: I was out at the same time as you today !Completely different parts of Britain though !  I enjoy these good summer morning runs. Well actually this morning I 'got through' my Fartlek.
  • Options
    A 'recovery' run of 4 miles this morning. Legs are thankful for it. Big bird of prey walking about near our front door, a buzzard I think. It wasn't that impressed by my running speed...
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    5.6 miles today at 8:07 m/m and 66% wHR ... it included at warm up/down with the middle 4.2 miles at 7:55 min/mile @ 136 bpm (68% wHR). 12 days to go until the marathon! image
  • Options
    I am gradually getting back into a routine after 2 weeks of tapering and recovery. Aiming for 44 miles this week and after 5.5 miles yesterday I went to the gym this morning to do an interval session. I ran 6.7 miles which included 4 intervals of 1 mile at 6:18 pace. Followed that with weights on my legs, chest and back. A tough session but very pleased to get it done. The gym was too warm though so I look forward to the next few days getting back outside.
  • Options
    Dan, what time you aiming for in the marathon? Is it your first?
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Tom ... I'm aiming for 3:30 ... it is indeed my first. image
  • Options
    Evening all, ran home from work tonight, found it hard

5.27mls. 44mins. 162avHR
  • Options
    johny fp: Is that a Greenock Morton top in your pic ?
  • Options

A couple of laps round the blocks in VFFs after work - nice & warm, several joggers about so enjoyed a bit of social chats along the way.

45mins / 5.68miles

• Options

easy run today after belting it round yesterday, though the weather had other ideas. Had the morning off as I'm on call tonight, so needed a lie in. Got up at 8, realised it was going to be a warm one, so gulped down a yoghurt, took the dogs out for a walk and then went out for a run sharpish, but it was still roasting by 9am. Think the legs were also a bit tired after yesterday, as it felt far harder than it should have done. Still, it's another run in the bag, rest day tomorrow, but will need to get my long run in Friday as I'm on call again over the weekend.

4.25m in 39.45

• Options

4.5M Steady . Enjoyed it  Warm, but drizzly up here.

Saw a young deer when I was out, I do seem them occasionally. What a sprint it had !!

• Options
    Got to work early so decided to have my run before work rather than at lunchtime - just a few laps round the dewy sports field; 4.81miles / 35mins.image