Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hi GFB, I remember you image Nice to see you again image I hope there's some Earl Grey going in that teapot?

Morning all, not sure what to do today, may go for a walk, I won't run in case I do do the 5k (wow - not!) tomorrow. Did a nice bike ride yesterday, took a sandwich and some trail mix (I love it soooo much - naughty image ), did 26 miles but didn't stop much as I had forgotten to put my mozzie spray on and if I stop the buggers get me, I'm too fast on my bike image

I'm getting excited that lots of us are doing VLM image

Now Lyndy, don't you be planning too much then not having time and getting stressed image
  • Options
    Oh well, plans awlrady gone awry.  Haven't managed to get to the gym as I had visitors turn up this morning so had to work this afternoon.  Did think I'd get out once I'd finished working, but just had a call from Ellie's dad as he needs me to collect her from nursery because he's running late, so no time to gym now image  Oh well, there's always Monday image
  • Options

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes and welcomes back!  I won't be on much this weekend as I'm working all day tomorrow - we have a wedding on Sunday (10/10/10!!) and then we're off on Monday (to recuperate!)  -don't want folks to think I'm introducing myself and then bogging off! image

I'm really interested in hearing about peoples schedules - when you'll be in full swing and other training questions - Have a great weekend folks! image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Have a good weekend too GFB, enjoy the wedding.  image
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Schedules - what are they? image
  • Options

TS - Is run a week alright? It is a long run mind image

• Options
    I think this is my group for the marathon. It's my first so not sure how I will fair but have done a 2:19 half so I'll be happy with under 5 hours knowing how slow I get toward the end of a half image In the Royal Parks half this Sunday so will be trying to beat the 2:19.....
  • Options

Welcome to our thread Miss Knees. We talk about lots of things on here, not all about running.

Good luck with your Royal Parks half on Sunday, the weather is looking lovely for it.

• Options
    Thanks Tracey G image

Yes looks like it will be a good day on Sunday, which makes a nice change seeing how crap it's been lately image
  • Options
    You will be able to top your tan up on Sunday. I might take my son to our newbies running club on Sunday.
  • Options

Morning all image

Are you all in bed or out training?

• Options
    Up and dying to run but have to rest for the half tomorrow. Very frustrating!! image Off out to buy me some nice new running tights instead image
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    You know I'm not out training, Cinders image
  • Options

Hi Tracey so you are in too. I also got a place. I was thinking of deferring but reading  this thread is inspiring me to change my mind.

Did last years VLM with club ballot place. Entered the ballot with not much hope and not really expecting to do it.

But if you are all in and there is tea and biccy's going well that could well persuade me....

• Options

Flo Po - Am doing Brighton & VLM, very mad I know. No point deferring as will be doing Brighton in 2012 as well.

• Options

Miss Knees - what tights are you going to buy?

• Options

Afternoon everyone. 

Hi Flo Po and Miss Knees.  My what a busy little thread we're getting to be these days.  There once was a time when it took us over a week to fill up a page.  At this rate it will soon be a page or more a day image

Definitely no training for me today. just had a really lazy morning lopping about and reading the newspapers.  Off into town soon with Mr L to pick up his new specs, do a bit of shopping then we're popping into the Tapas bar for a bite to eat before we head off home.  image

• Options

Lyndy - Mr L will be able to see me better at VLM with his new specs image It is nice not having to talk to yourself on this thread image

• Options

I managed 5 this morning first run for nearly 10 days after a virus or bug so really pleased to have got out. feel a bit like John Wayne now but happy.

Enjoy the tapas.....

• Options

No running here today or tomorrow.

Well done Flo Po.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    That sounds like my kind of training, Lyndy!
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    No running here either, have my mum down for the weekend!
  • Options
    TG - I came home with a pair of Nike dri fit and a technical tshirt....and a hoodie for the warm after a run in the winter. Far too old for a hoodie but who's looking or caring image
  • Options

Miss Knees - I will be 46 next month and I have got a couple of hoodies image

• Options

I'm 56 now and still wear hoodies if the necessity arises image

Best training there is Slugsta image.  Lovely meal and just a few drinks image  As we're regulars they know us well and dooooo tend to look after us image

Tuke to settle down in front of the telly now and catch up on Strictly, X-Factor and all the laid back, nothing to get het up about stuff.  Just rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeellllllllllaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxx!!! image

• Options

Evening everyone!!!

did a bit of running this morning but wasn't really training as I took my 9 year old to see if she could manage the junior/beginners route that our club uses. She got a bit knackered half way so I ended up doing intervals between the lamposts and her so I guess it was a bit useful! 

I'm trying to ignore your talk of new gear. I desperately want some as my winter tights are too big and I know that I'm going to want them soon. I only started running at Christmas last year so got through the winter without any proper gear really but now feel more justified in my desires! Roll on the end of the 5 wk month!

I'm doing the Gold Hill 9.5km tomorrow, bit scared now I've read the reviews on here!

Rosex

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Good luck for tomorrow RoseC image
  • Options

Thanks for the welcome everyone. My magazine went to my old address, my landlady very kindly told me it was a yes, but until I see it for myself I've still got that niggling sense of doubt in my head!! I've done a couple of short runs in the week, no running today as I went to Go Ape which was great fun, and I mananged to not injure myself on the zip wire landings, which is good news! image

Good luck with the run tomorrow Rose.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Ouch MJHC, hopee its not too sore!
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Welcome FloPo,

Not much to tell today, no running for me, didn't do my 5k, it was only a small race, cost $25 and main reason - it started at 7:45 and I couldn't be bothered to get up and go!

Love new running gear - went looking for a running top yesterday as I forgot to bring a strappy one but i couldn't find any I wanted on the sale rail and I was feeling too tight to pay full price for one. I do have a nice running top with a hoodie on, it's great for putting on after a run when you are really chilly.

Lyndy, come join us on our Strictly thread in Clubhouse image