Options

Sub 35min 10k

13»

Comments

• Options

Its a free world but why is this 'training blog' from IR on a sub 35 thread? Madness if you ask me!

• Options

Session last night was really great,

10 x 400m with 90 seconds recovery..great quality Splits of 68/66/69/68/70/70/69/68/71/70

Its annoying isn't it!

I would like to see hear what other people get up to !

My friend who I used to train with 3 years ago we both ran 36ish mins 10k and I was used to beating him every race in XC season has come of age!!

He ran a 30:53 10KM 2 months ago image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

fast reps...you definitely sound like you have pretty good speed...so here's the acid test...when are you going to lay down a race? image

36 to 30 doesn't need me to point out that's an epic improvement

• Options
    I am welcome to suggestion for a decent 10KM to trial..

yes my friend has come on so well and its really quite disgusting LOL

I feel I could run a half decent one to be fair but don't wanna head into one weak..especially as I'm not to happy with my over 18 min 5Km ATM

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

feel free to drop into my training thread...there's a whole gamut of runners in the 34 to 36 domain...in fact...these days at 35.20 I feel like one of the slower ones on there!

Where abouts in the country are you? I think i remember you used to run for Hampshire or someone? Maybe Slough in a few weeks might be an option? You can meet me and a couple from my thread.

• Options
    Hampshire yes,

ran county level 2-3 years at 15/16 years old ish..my best year.....
    Ran all England schools XC final in Dec 2003 finished 8th individual, as a team my school finished 2nd in england ..I had just turned 15 that November..ranked No.1 in UK for 2000m track that track year as U-15

Won southern inter-counties, Hampshire schools, plus Isle of Wight champs XC all that same year..

No where near county standard now though!!!

Will look at Slough for the 10KM defo though! thanks
  • Options
    Assuming you do the proper speed work, is it not just a case of doing adequate weekly mileage at a reasonable pace.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Yeah Andy's right,  just put in some miles and some speed piece of piss.

Then sub 34? Just do a bit more of each same for sub 33 etc

Easy game this running lark eh image

• Options

Stevie G you know it's not that easy!!!!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    hence the wink, Rob...hence the wink!!
  • Options
    Sorry that was a simplistic comment I gave before, I myself have yet to break 35 mins a week although based on my current rate of improvement I reckon with about 65-70mpw I'll smash 35mins. Of course with tempo, interval, hilly, long runs ect it'll happen. thats against my current 50-55mpw. image
  • Options
    Stevie G not used to this kryptic smilies!! must be age group!!
  • Options
    I ran 36:xx 10KM of running maybe 3-4 times a week at most for around 2 years barely that.. only ever done the one 10KM

How do people think 70 miles a week would make them quicker?

I have been running about 9 weeks now,

averaging 20 miles a week, my biggest week was only 34 miles.. I have reduced my 5KM time by 90 seconds and feeling much much stronger....

you could always post your weekly runs and see what we think?
    rather than saying adding 20 miles means I can knock of time?

I dunno tbh
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Inspired, it's simple, some people need less mileage than others to post faster times.

You've got an impressive back catalogue, but then you've also got a horrendous injury record image

Look at the mileage of the elite runners, and ask your 2nd line again.

• Options

Somebody in 'Genera'l looking for a Sub 35min 10k Thread.

• Options

down with spam (not this thread)