Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    a belated "yay" image
  • Options

Apparently wishing Bruce popped his clogs mid show..is bad form, according to the kids

(freudian bad spelling)

• Options

Thank dog she's gone image

Why on earth did they make Artem do the pro's dance if he is injured?

• Options
    I paused it and spent 5 minutes doing something else just so I could fast forward past Bruce. I don't need that image in my head.
  • Options
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

Thank dog she's gone image

Why on earth did they make Artem do the pro's dance if he is injured?

I thought Matt Flint took his place?
  • Options
    image We both thought it looked like him.  Perhaps that explains the style being odd
  • Options
    Yep, it wasn't Artem image
  • Options

I also FF Bruce, last year was bad enough image

Is it Wembley next week? Expecting some tedious football themed VTs if it is...

• Options
    Think Wembley is week after next.
  • Options
    I've just seen an advert on ITV for a Bruce CD. I think it's a bit blatant to advertise on the BBC
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    There is a God image

Haven't read back and just back home from another weekend away so only just seen it all.

My thoughts:

Jennifer Grey - waste of time - too scripted and I thought to start with she had only been given and 8 paddle and to use it for Lulu???!!!

Lulu - started OK but he was dragging her round at the end

Anita - loved it and thought she did really well

Jason - Rumba is a stupid dance anyway, he executed it really well, he was a bit emotionless but thought he was harshly marked?

Harry - way over marked IMO, he did all the moves at the right time but didn't feel at all like a bouncy happy samba to me?

Alex - liked it

Robbie - good dance but like Jason and bit disconnected too. Glad he is through

Russell - even though I am getting a bit fed up of him, I thought the routine was brilliant and they deserve to stay longer

Chelsee - great - I think she is heading towards lifting the trophy now

Holly - loved it, had no idea about Artems injury, what a pro

Right, I'll see what all you lot think now image

BTW - I have to say I enjoyed Bruce's little bit too, there is no denying he is an all rounder

Another BTW, didn't like the girls opening routine, too disco'ish, gyrating for me. Bring back a bit more ballroom. Quite enjoyed the guys though image
  • Options
    Have only just found these comments but I thought Lulu was SO RUDE when she found that Brendon was her partner!
    Body language said it all-poor Brendon-how did he cope with her?
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I also noticed that Brendan didn't make ANY reference to her in his thanks chat. I think he had had more than enough of her by the end!

Bear, I', with you on the VT's - Enough, let's see training and not waste of our and their time with VT's
  • Options

Just watched Saturdays show on iplayer and then straight to the result.  imageimage  Hurray!! She was totally over marked and bring back Len cos Jennifer was worse than Alesha.

Loved - Chelsea and Holly

Liked - Russel, Anita, Harry, Alex

Not that good - Jason (but it was a crappy dance for him), Audley, Robbie

Rubbish - Lulu

• Options

Jennifer Grey bring back the nose...image and get off our screens

Tess is annoying me with the endless sycophantic gusshing she does especially with Lulu..image

Jason very poorly marked

Liked Chelsee,Russel the New John Sergeant without the quitting bollocks

Was Robbie depressed ..? looked really down on saturday night (see it in the eyes when being interviewed by Tess)

Artem a star ..would not notice an injury during the performance

Looking at the most recent commnets guessing that lulu gone...get out the banners and NO ! i do not want to look around your house ...image

• Options
    Yay! So glad Lulu is gone!

I LOVED Russell's routine, I haven't laughed so much for ages. Even though he is quite gimmicky, he can actually dance (compared to other joke acts - Widdecombe, Sergent etc)

Love Harry but it wasn't quite a samba, he seemed to be doing an awful lot of standing still while Aliona twirled around him. He looked a bit lacklustre during the performance, perhaps he is sick?

Jason and Robbie harshly marked I thought, especially Jason. Kristina looked really pissed off just before the judges gave their scores (and rightly so).

Chelsee was overmarked, there was a whole section where she seemed out of time with Pasha. I think the choreography was a bit too much for her. I do like Pasha though, I want to see what else he can do.

Holly and Artem's jive didn't do it for me, it was a bit too cool for school. BUT if Artem was injured then I can see why it was missing a bit of oomph.
  • Options

LULU HAS GONE!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Woop woooooooop! 

Don't fancy Audley's chances much next week!!

• Options

Even Raffles shouted "Drown the Witch" at the TV last night. She looked so shocked to be in the bottom two and even more shocked to be going. Very telling that there wasn't much closeness in their farewell dance and Brendan didn't do the gushing thank you at the end (even Anton managed that with Nancy!).

When Bruce started "singing", Raffles asked if I wanted to fast forward. No, I said, let's see if it is as awful as I think. Half a phrase later and I was reaching for the remote...

• Options

So I expect the new gimmick will "Get Robbie to Wembley!" over the next couple of weeks. He doesn't seem to take criticism v. well, seems v. low in self-confidence.

What would happen if Artem is too injured to dance on Saturday? I'm worried that they're going to get a fast dance and completely break him this time. Will they get someone else to dance with Holly or will she get a bye? My back is bloody killing me this morning so I have extra sympathy for him! image

• Options

I think someone else is dancing with Holly next week (possibly Claudia mentioned it on the Results show?)

• Options

Well I agree with most.but particualrly with Xine on Chelsee and in fact on Harry and Holly as well.

When I look at the leader board at the end of each show the judges are nearly always right, perhaps individual scores are a bit debateable sometimes but the order is right and again this week APART FROM CHELSEE. NO WAY was she top. Four places too high in my opinion.

She dances well and it wasn't a bad Charleston but that dance doesn't have the steps of a lot and you can get away with more so you have to be in time and she was all over the place in that routine. Even Craig said good Synchronicity - which dance was he watching. She was out on the floor,. When they sat down and did the leg thing she went the wrong way. It wasn't bad but in simple terms, Anita's Charleston was better. She should have been below Harry, Holly, Anita and Alex. Clearly she is a good dancer but just didn't get it right in my opinion this time.

So who got the tough dances this week,.

Harry - Samba - yes OK but I don't think it is that bad and I agree with others above that he seemed to be very static. Good hip movement but wasn't moving around. Perhaps it was a style approach (still nit sure on Aliona Choreography. Again good but not his best

Hason - Rumba. This is THE killer dance. Said it when Alex got hammered. Nobody has ever done this well apart from Rachel Stevens and possibly Mark Ramprakesh. I have to admit I just don;t get it and not sure what we should be looking for either but it it a killer.

The people I really feel for are the ones who haven't yet done it because you wouldn't want to get this once you are down to the last 5 for instance.

Liked Anita,

Liked Alex (the fall over at the end didn't impact at all and they both lauighed rather than getting upset which really helped to make it a non-issue

Holly - not really a jive in the traditional sense (Artem likes to do things differently) she didn't do any flicks and kicks though (perhaps she wasn't very good at them, so he took them out). However it was quite good although still not sure it was really a Jive. . Artem - total pro with that injury, wouldn't have known until the end and then he looked in real pain and ready to pass out.

When Brendan had a family berevaement a couple of series back, Ian Waite stepped in to take his place. If Artem is in trouble still at the end of today then io suspect they will bring someone in to dance with Holly at the weekend. it would be wrong to give her a bye with a week's notice. If Artem couldn't have danced on Saturday having injured himself a few hours earlier then fair enough but not with the problem known now.

I thought Lulu was right to go.

Robbie was OK, not sure what his problem was on Saturday night, he should have been pleased with the performance and the score.

Russell does play it for laughs but he plays it that way rather than inadvertent (i.e. not like Widdy or Sergeant at all). He can dance a bit especially for someone his size. Think he will last a couple of weeks yet but is not top 6 and if he gets there then it would be wrong. I think Flavia is having a good time this year and let's give her credit for the way she is choreographing it. She is making him dance, he did Paso steps as Bruno said, This isn't like JS dragging Kristina across the floor like a sack of potatoes!.

Audley was pretty good I thought this week. OK right place on the leaderboard but a good effort. However he is ballroom not Latin. If he gets Latin next week then he will go I think.

Also agree on Jennifer Grey. What a waste of space. Anodyne comments and once she had given Lulu an 8 straight out of the box, she had nowhere to go in terms of scoring. Basically average dancer = 8, good dancer = 9

• Options

Well that was a result wasn't it imageimageimageimage image

I thought Audley would be bottom 2 although I thought he did ok again this week being back in hold but never expected Lulu to be in the bottom 2 or then to go!!!

I have to admit I don't find the Sunday prog too bad as I'm always doing something at the same time so just tune out of the "bad" bits - have no memory of Sir Brucie doing anything for example image

I was quite prepared to be rather pro Holly initially but I have to say I am getting bored of her touting all her VIP buddies..........and she seems rather dull overall..............if I had to colour her she'd be grey....

I also find Harry a bit "grey" - he can do the moves but there doesn't seem to be any emotion behind them and I reckon Russell is better than he is given credit for - certainly much better than Widdy or Sarjeant who he gets compared to........

Jason - undermarked and cutting comments for a fair stab at a horrible dance.......seems that in the eyes of the judges you'd basically have to behave like a pissed trollop to get the "emotion" of the dance........and how many of us can do that on national tv sober?

JG gave herself a rod for her back starting with an 8 for Lulu and as many have said had nowhere to go after that really........

• Options

Actually Holly with Ian Waite could be quite interesting. She doesn't look right in hold with Artem as she's too tall for him. It would be interesting to see a classic ballroom dance without props and too much faffing.

I think it's almost impossible for male celebs to do a good rumba, I can only remember Matt D'Angelo doing a good one and even he didn't score that well. Unless you can get that continuous slow movement going you're sunk. I thought Jason did an OK job (apart from the occasional weird smile) so I was a bit shocked by the comments and marks. But maybe they were marking him down for the dreadful VT beforehand image

It's much easier for the female celebs - Kara, Rachel Stevens and Cherie Lunghi have all done good versions.

Just had a horrible thought - when is Russell due to do his rumba image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I predicted the bottom 2 and the result (although that was probably more wishful thinking. image

I suspect Audley will go next week - I think he's quite sweet, but it's now getting to the good dancers plus him and Russel, and I think Russell may be there for a couple of weeks yet.

I think Robbie was genuinely upset, and looked to be fighting back tears.  He's obviously really got into the dancing and is trying really hard, and was disappointed with his comments.

Getting annoyed with Anita's simpering, but I think that's because she reminds me of someone I know, and don't like very much.  Sorry luv.

Poor Artem - hope he gets better soon.

Though Pasha was the best in the male pros dance - he's a lovely mover...............

*Frodo* wrote (see)
    <thud>
    How can you not have seen Dirty Dancing? image

So, "I carried a watermelon" will mean nothing to you?

I saw DD many years ago, but can't remember that bit.  I do, however, know what carrying a watermelon feels like (glances down at 8 month baby bump..........)

• Options

Poor lovely Artem has fractured his spine imageimageimageimage. I can't believe he danced on Saturday night, no wonder the poor boy looked in so much pain.

Holly has got the rhumba this week, and Brendan has stepped in to partner her. Do it for Artem, Holly!!

Did anyone see ITT last night? Looks like there's no love lost between Brendan and Lulu ha ha ha image.

• Options

Poor Artem! image

Daily Mirror article

Surely he'll have to quit for the rest of the series? @rse, he was my favourite dancer and I don't really like that many of the others image

Get well soon!!!

How lucky is Brendan? He gets rid of useless Bloody Lulu and gets to do the rumba with Holly?!? image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I was just readin about that, poor Artem, sounds like it will need quite a bit of rest and recovery so I guess he may be out...Brendan is rehearsing with Holly, he will love the opportunity to dance with someone good ...
  • Options

Did anyone see ITT? Poor lovely Artem, he could barely move! And he won't be dancing on Saturday. I'd be surprised if he danced at all for the rest of the year, to be honest image. And I'm sure he shed a tear when Holly said she just didn't want to let him down. Sniff.

• Options

Can't believe he danced when he already knew he had a stress fracture, that's a bit stupid really! image

I don't think he'll be back this series imageimage

Oh and Kristina, no way was that the best male celebrity rumba!!! I think the other pros only said that because it was harshly marked. I didn't see it but I believe Colin Jackson got 36 for his and I know Matt D'Angelo did a better one too!

Oh and don't give me "City of Angels" go off and watch the original "Wings of Desire" image