Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

But I don't want to! Or rather, I do want to - do the race image

I probably won't, but I do have my kit with me... It's a wee bit hilly, and I can manage the walking bits just fine. So it would be more of a walk/run than a run... Hmm...

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Bookie, I can confirm that it would be, without a doubt, stupid and foolhardy, to attempt to run a 5mile Fell race.

If your husband becomes aware of this, may i suggest that he locks you up in the cupboard.

• Options

Afternoon. image

Sorry to hear things are not so good right now Mima. Keep telling yourself it's only temporary and that things will get better and I hope very soon. ((hugs))

I have had 4 ducks wandering about the place today. I caught them trying to go indoors just in time! image

We had the electricity meter changed today. I've had to go around resetting all the clocks. Just as well really, they were all saying different times.

Don't do it Bookie! Fell races are very, very hard. Big did a 5 mile fell race and no one was able to complete it in under an hour. You will do yourself  a lot of mischief and then won't be able to run away from the zombies!

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have a sensible voice saying don't do it, and another one saying 'go on, go on, go on' image The zombies aren't until October - I should hope I'd recover by then!

My husband already knows of my plans, and (un)fortunately (depending on perspective...) we don't actually have any cupboards yet imageimage

What sort of ducks Small? I like ducks image

• Options

I like ducks too. Especially with pancakes and hoi sin sauce. image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
  • Options

They are buff orpington ducks. Not sure if they belong to someone close by or are wild. They came down to cool off in the stream. I couldn't eat them.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    small wrote (see)

I couldn't eat them.

You'd have to cook them firstimage

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have a job interview image

• Options

Well done Bookie! Good luck lovely!

• Options

To do what Bookie?

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Dietitian-ing image

• Options

oh what about the PhD?

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
  • Options

(((Bookie))) Yay for co-incidence.  My knee keeps on going back to being carp and I'm thinking about a 4.5mile fell race this weekend. 

• Options

image Dawn which one? Sorry I've been a bit rubbish off let and no time to read back as sarah giving me a lift in a few minutes. Got to admight I'm not sold on the idea of sarah trying her hand at a race tonight but I'm not going to stop her if she decides to go for it.  Because of the course she will be walking a lot of it anyway even if she was fit. the first mile is a little bit like

• Options
    Good luck with the interview Sarah, when is it. You haven't sounded happy PhD-wise for a while.

Mouse yep that's them and no worries re the t-shirt. For those who do want one apologies that it has to be cheques upfront, but the coffers aren't what you'd call overflowing. Can anyone remember when GFB's back and is a week on Saturday enough time before I put the order in? If you need to know a measurement before deciding I can check it for you first.

Hope SC and SOLB had a nice afternoon.

Wow tubes are hot, sweaty and horrid today. It's only May....
  • Options
    Hello

Mima huge hugs darling, hope that you are managing ok.

Hash yes please to a T Shirt.

Bookie and TDS be sensible please you are pretty precious even down to your naughty knees.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet, the hallucinations are back - hopefully its just temporary. It's a bit tricky to post cos I don't know what's real and what isn't but I really am OK, promise image

SCaz has left now, she nearly made me spit tea everywhere by suddenly making me laugh.

I saw the asthma nurse today we have reached the target zone now so I don't need to see her again for 3 months unless things deteriorate - trying to decide whether to bimble tonight or tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a good day, have missed you all xxx
  • Options

Good news re the asthma image

Boo to hallucinations image

SC is on the way up to me I guess, better get on with tidying up image

• Options
    *cracks the whip* yes you'd better bear!
  • Options

Where did you get that whip? image

• Options

(((solb))) hold on tight to Spotty dog and hopefully the 'allucinations will be over soon. *hug*

(((Cake))) It's something called the 'Wingerworth Wobble'.  It's really more cross country I think than a proper fell race, but it's run under Fell Runners Association rules.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Evening image

I'm not running, sense ruled out for once. Instead I'm sitting on the grass, basking in the sunshine and eating a pineapple juice lolly image

Good luck if you do decide to run DS image

((((Everyone))))
  • Options

SOLB...think I'm asthmatic in sympathy today...finding it hard to breathe today...stupid tonsills and stupid immune system. Stupid cough, stupid chest.

• Options

Morning Mundanies!

Shock and horror here, I think our recycling may not have been emptied yesterday image

• Options

Complain to management Bear. I would.

Today I am dragging myself to Leeds to get various elements of me waxed. Then I shall be dragging myself home to try to work on my "why you asshats shouldn't get rid of me" speech/business case.

There will be potentially more dragging of myself to ASDA to get things to eat as the grand total of my fridge is 3 yogurts, 2 pieces of cheese, some mayo and a litre of skimmed milk. THIS is why it is a bad thing to be ill AND on leave..I have no motivation, no energy and very little lung capacity left either.

Anyone willing to come and look after me would be forever adored. A bullet is also a handy 2nd option.

• Options

Morning all - just back from holidays (well back last night and back to work today) - I've scanned back and can say that yes I would like a t shirt (probably too late to request a V neck but there you go lol!) 

Happy birthday to all the birthday peopleimage

And hugs for sick people and unhappy people (not sure what's happening with ducky as I couldn't work out how far to read back - but big hugs for you too)

And we know what colour baby melon is (he/she was baby mango last week image)

• Options

Yes to t-shirt forme too image