Options

Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Quite like the idea of getting off this shitty little shithole of an island with all its shitty shitheads.

• Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

Oh man. I would happily live in Portugal. *googles courses in Portuguese*

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Screams. Repenting for your actions absolves your sins. Almost.

The lib dems allowing themselves to be Tory cannon fodder was the start of this because it allowed The tories getting in the second time unaided which made things much worse. You were only one of many who got sucked in. For all the fears of what labour would have done tithe economy- I think Miliband would have been a much safer 'pair of hands' compared to where we are now.

I am working class, a first generation son of immigrants, albeit I appear to be middle class from a distance. Perhaps my politics of leaning leftwards is as engrained as your leaning to the right.

I am hopeful that we will not leave the EU at all but if either Gove or May win we are all fucked. She made a reference to Boris and water cannon yesterday which reminded me of her sniggering at the suggestion of using them in England, 'this isn't Northern Ireland' she said, as if she was comparing the treatment of pets to that of livestock. England will leave Europe, Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave the uk. Wales will get jettisoned by England. Farage wins. The end.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

The LibDems are back!

Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
    LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
    CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
    UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
    LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
    GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)

• Options

^ ta dah! 

Still, reading the bit in the Graun about how Gove plotted against Boris, it is reassuring to know that while the pound was falling, the markets were in turmoil and  Poles were being called vermin, the Tories were focused on the important task of shafting each other and getting on with maintaining their naked political ambitions.

These people are not fit to govern and neither are the lot on the other side.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    cougie wrote (see)
    I think the markets are OK as nobody is saying that they're pressing the Art 50 button.

IF we hit that then it'll go into panic mode.

So currently the brexiteers can point and say 'told you so- nothing dramatic happened'

I actually saw someone post that on Facebook the other day. He/she was criticising Remain voters (well, one in particular) calling them "sheep" who had been brainwashed by the government.  "Didn't they tell you that if we left the EU the economy would collapse?  Well look, we voted out and have you noticed a change in your wealth?"

It's almost beyond comprehension.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Screams - I thought you voted remain? So the blame for the rise in hate crime can hardly be laid at your door.
    Not quite sure why conservatives winning the last general election has anything to do with the situation we now find ourselves in.
    Disaffected people voting against the establishment on a highly important issue smacks of ignorance of the question posed.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I think Gove has thrown his hat into the ring not with any hope of winning but to shaft Boris. Which is probably a good thing.

My money would be on May, but she has a problem. She's playing on her record of competence at the Home Office ... which is the dept in charge of immigration.

Machiavelli could learn from this lot.

I'm off for a run.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

"Not quite sure why conservatives winning the last general election has anything to do with the situation we now find ourselves in."

Are you serious? image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

But wasn't the referendum on EU membership in the tory manifesto....and it always looked a good possibility if we had a referendum we would vote out?

...and then came more austerity...shafting those on disability benefits which was all ok as the press had constantly told us they were skivers and scroungers....

...and then came the referendum and we voted out as the press constantly told us we were being overrun by immigrants over here to claim benefits or blow us up...

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

If Wales had voted Remain I might have thought about supporting them tonight...but they didn't so feck'em the racist thugs. Come on Berlin, home of the wonderful, democratic institution that is the EU.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    By all accounts Gove received the tacit backing of Mail editor Paul Dacre to usurp Boris. Then by the end of the day the Daily Mail came out for Theresa May. We're running out of people to fuck over.

Noticed Chris Grayling, one of the chief players in the Leave camp, looking very pleased with himself as he walked out behind May at her speech. Negotiated himself a top Cabinet seat no doubt. Every cloud eh...

Awful faux earnest speeches from Crabb and Fox. And amidst this parlour game barely a peep about what any of them are actually going to do, what credibly they think can be achieved, or what future they would work towards.

The only person who seems to have remembered what is actually happening is Mark Carney. And what do the Leave side do? Try to discredit him.

I'm sure there are backbenchers who do their best, but what a shower of shit parliament looks right now.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

It's all about Leadsom. She's a Mother don't you know...and a tax dodger.

Mark Carney has the look of a man thinking "what the feck have you done?!".

• Options
    Dustin wrote (see)

Screams - I thought you voted remain? So the blame for the rise in hate crime can hardly be laid at your door.
    Not quite sure why conservatives winning the last general election has anything to do with the situation we now find ourselves in.
    Disaffected people voting against the establishment on a highly important issue smacks of ignorance of the question posed.

I did vote to remain. My point was that those who voted to leave are trying to distance themselves from the fallout. Reading it back I can see it wasn't quite clear - should have used quotation marks.

• Options

Still, my day has just been brightened by Jason Issacs reading at Thiepval image

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

+1 

Surely blaming timid old Corbyn on failing to impose any sort of conviction on what could of been the most likely deciding factor ( given the small majority )  in all this is much more of a justification, Cameron wiped the floor with him and look where we are at.  Just another labour excuse who loves to have a dig.

• Options
    15West wrote (see)

If Wales had voted Remain I might have thought about supporting them tonight...but they didn't so feck'em the racist thugs. Come on Berlin, home of the wonderful, democratic institution that is the EU.

you can support Berlin all you like....as long as Belgium lose tonight against Wales all is well... image

But there again unlike the English the Welsh boys cant lose as they are heroes to their supporters whatever they do today as they are a team  image  image

not many people in this country remember how to work as a team.....definitely none in politics at the moment.... image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Oh...yeah...Belgium. Silly me. Same difference though...bloody bureaucrats.

I see Osborne has a nice excuse why not going to return to a budget surplus.

• Options

I think this explains everything

Subject: FW: Sir Humphrey Appleby! Yes Minister

So, let me get this straight… the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they’d all done nothing to help them.

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn’t lose, did – but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who’d always thought he’d lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash – and he was, but it did, but he’s not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can’t become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead.

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party’s view of this view is the opposite of the opposition’s. And the opposition aren’t yet opposing anything because the leader isn’t listening to his party, who aren’t listening to the country, who aren’t listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there’s not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.

Clear? 

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Thanks SFF - all makes sense now. image

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Can't we somehow do a Bobby Ewing shower scene from Dallas and pretend the last 6 months never happened?

And hello to Jason Issacs.
  • Options

Hello to you too, boys...

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

I think this explains everything

Subject: FW: Sir Humphrey Appleby! Yes Minister

So, let me get this straight… the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they’d all done nothing to help them.

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn’t lose, did – but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who’d always thought he’d lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash – and he was, but it did, but he’s not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can’t become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead.

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party’s view of this view is the opposite of the opposition’s. And the opposition aren’t yet opposing anything because the leader isn’t listening to his party, who aren’t listening to the country, who aren’t listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there’s not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.

Clear? 

image Anyone fancy a pint?

Brilliant!

🙂

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

I think I need one now.

Way over my head.

I am staying in my garden where I can have a sensible conversation with the birds and the plants image

Politics ehh

• Options
    Slap Michael Gove!...

http://games.usvsth3m.com/slap-michael-gove/

Totally pointless I know but wastes about a minute of your day!
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Bloody hec. Nice one Wales you bunch of racists.

That slap Gove website is extremely therapeutic..

• Options
    Mr Worry wrote (see)
    Slap Michael Gove!...
    http://games.usvsth3m.com/slap-michael-gove/
    Totally pointless I know but wastes about a minute of your day!

Ha ha ha, the speed at which that counter is going up! image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

What a goal. Wales are brilliant.

Oh, sorry...off subject....err...apparently Gove is finished...

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Amazing from Wales. So proud to allow them to be part of the UK.

• Options

see team work still works... someone tell the Tories and Labour and maybe we can have some success in Europe  image