Options

Well that ban didnt last very long did it Runners World?

Comments

• Options

Ben, I think that's trying to say thank you everyone but we are pretty limited with resources for a website of one of the biggest running magazines in the country. Most who come to the forum come via the magazine and practically left after the 50th weight loss issue. The website is the magazine and if they cannot run a website with a forum, then that sums RW all together. The website is again out of date, constantly gets problems. It needs overhauling big time. For god's sake, the forum members are your customers whether they buy the mag or not. If RW really care about its own website as much as it cares for its magazine, then it needs to invest in improving this site and its ongoing problems.

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

one answer - proxy IPs

try banning them

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

My guess is he's reading all this whilst wanking furiously.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

But the forum isn't that important to RW when it comes to making money, and at the end of the day RW is a business.

I can't think of a single time when being a member of this forum has caused me to give them any money.  They make nothing from me, so why should I expect anything in return?

The rest of the website may make them money through encouraging people to sign up for the magazine, buy things in the shop and enter races but the forum is an overhead for them.

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

one answer - proxy IPs

try banning them

You opened up a whole new world to me back thenimage

can't beat an onion from time to time eh??

• Options

Df got his script booted and his ids disabled within about 2 minutes of his silliness. Really, what is it with this guy. It's becoming quite malicious and over the top. Hopefully he'll get banned for life as he is becoming more than just an Internet knob jockey and is attacking the Rodale sites.

• Options

I wasnt going to bother coming back here, but when I saw the absolute rubbish from Ben and fetcheverywhere, spreading their misinformation and complete lack of knowledge, I felt I had to.

Ben - It is extremely childish to post a reply, then ban someone giving them no right of reply. Now I realise youre just the office lackey and dont have any technical experience or knowledge, but you do have to engage in some common sense in your job.

Check out this thread.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/website-bugs/ipad-use---forum/248596.html

Now who was the one person who did YOUR job for you and investigated the problem and provided a solution ..... someone paid from RW? Maybe fetchanywhere? Nope it was ME. Me you moron. Im trying to help you fix your problems because you clearly dont have the knowledge or know how to do it, so at the very least don't bite the hand thats trying to help you.

Now lets turn our attention to the 'professional web developer' fetchanywhere.

Its absolutely hilarious you engage in a cock waving competition with your '14 years of web development experience' ..... Well Im afraid I usurp you by two years ...... so I guess I win? Also every single name on my CV bar one is a household name bar one, and Im pretty much at the top wage level for my field because big companies pay big money for the right people. You wouldnt even get to the interview stage at my workplace if you showed up with the Fetch website in tow as an example of your work.

Web development is a bit like runners. And in this case I would be PhilPub and you would be ..... well ....errr David Falconer actually.

You airly dismiss my effort as a bit of hitting the submit button a few times with an automated script. So if thats the case, and I can do it...... whats to stop anyone else doing it?

I'll give you a clue, I could programmatically stop that from happening with about an hours worth of coding. But at the moment all you are doing is blindly accepting any input and then just regurgitating it on the forums with absolutely no checks or balances thus opening yourself up to exactly what Tenjiso said.

So come on Mr 14 years web experience. Fix your security flaws. I could do it in hour, and I would do 2 things that combined would stop 99% of attacks. So if what I did was 'so easy' then fix it.

But you dont know how do you? The fact you think an IP ban solves everything and you seem oblivious to something called proxy servers is quite scary.

fetcheverywhere ..... you can pretend youre a web developer and maybe swimming in the shallow end of the techy pool you are with your low level websites where you can get away with not knowing basic security knowledge. But tell you what, if I was the publishing company of RW I would go absolutely spare if I found out that the database was hacked into and you were told of security flaws and you did absolutely nothing about it.

And if you are trying to convince everyone that the problem is fixed, why dont you give me permission on here to try again? That way you can prove to everyone youve fixed it. But you won't. Because you don't know how.

Tell you what, if that problem is too tricky for you, try this, open up the RW forums, with Firebug and see this error popup.

"TypeError: $ is not a function"

What is it and what does it mean? And what would you do specifically with the RW code to fix it.

Cmon youre Mr 14 years experience, you should know how to solve it. Its something a guy on our team who is only 2 years out of university would know how to fix.

Your complete lack of knowledge, then refusal to acknowledge you just dont know is breathtaking.

p.s Stevie G - I was trying to tell them they had security problems, they refused to acknowledge it so sometimes when someone doesnt listen y

• Options

p.s Stevie G - I was trying to tell them they had security problems, they refused to acknowledge it so sometimes when someone doesnt listen you need to show them. Oh and the 1 thing they didnt tell you was that the thread I screwed up was the one I started, so I didnt affect anyone else at all. But fetcheverywhere conveniently left that bit out.

p.p.s - I could do exactly the same thing with the forums at RW, but how many times have I done it? None, so can we have a sense of proportion about what I did. I ruined MY thread (note MY thread) not anyone elses, and only 1 thread to demonstrate because fetcheverywhere is too thick to acknowledge he has a serious issue with his forums (and thats only of them). I have not touched a single thread on RW in the entire time Ive been here even though I could since the same problem exists with the RW forums (albeit in a slightly less worse state).

• Options

if someone carries out attacks on your website why shouldn't they be banned. That's leaving aside all his juvenile attempts to stir people up. Their website, their rules. Any other mitigation is bollocks from people old enough to know better.

ever been burgled? Did you offer the burglar a couple of hundred quid to advise you on how to secure your home? Or did you want the twat banged up?

• Options

and you dont need to bother banning me. I wont be coming back.

• Options

How to piss off 60,000 runners. Fetch has the respect off many many people. You should look to your own behaviour and try and emulate him Instead of pressing the self-destruct button so assiduously.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

DF3, you came, you saw, you were fairly entertaining for a while,  but you've fallen on your own sword with this mess...

Good luck with the future running though, I reckon you'll be back to smash that marathon one day and find it a whole more satisfying experience!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

DF3, I think you need to calm down a bit.  I've been entertained by you up to now, but you are rapidly losing my interest.  Not that my interest would mean anything to you or that it is something that you value but you are crossing the line between entertaining and cock womble.

• Options

Cock Womble. Nice.

Its Definitely The Way You Twll Em. If You Werent So Obnoxious You Mightve Got Away With It

• Options

Whod Have Thought His Button Pressing Ability Would Be The Buttons To Press With Him As Well. 

• Options
    daveo banme wrote (see)

and you dont need to bother banning me. I wont be coming back.

/

( * )( * )

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

some top class flouncing by someone who on many occasions said its only an internet forum...dont take it seriously, if you dont like it you can choose to ignore.

fancy getting so wound up about an internet forum

• Options

... and flouncing over the fact that no-one wanted to listen to how good he is at the internetz, rather than any of the critique about his training or race performance. Guess Fetch and RW found his Achilles heel.

• Options
    Spot on Deano. You need to always remember it's just some stupid internet forum.
  • Options

I can see why fetch would ban him.

but for RW to do so is very silly..............it was not connected....maybe a warning here .why the ban........

I hate to see people banned without prior warnings and with the reasons so that they can put their own case......

especially when its for such a silly reason.....and to be honest if he wanted to cock up their sites then even with an IP address ban he could do it as to be fair he has proved his IT skills to be better then those who are being employed to do the job.........

to ban because of behviour off this forum is a bit pathetic

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

It is connected. Rodale - same firm.  Ages ago wasn't KK nearly banned from Rodale sites due to issues with RW USA?