Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - so not only aee they testing you mentally and physicallythey've stopped feeding you? Shrewsbury scares me now. But YAY SUPER YOU for your passes!!! And how could anyone not love a pt session with you?  You're super sweet and supportive but phucking hardcore through and through. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

You'd scare the shit out of me as a PT, Kaz image

RR - please don't agonise too hard.  Please.  We all need a break.... image  Drink wine instead...

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

RR - don't agonise, it's exciting putting your strategy together. You have the Ladyblower 35 with 26.2 mile warm up at the Isle of Maus. You've a potential "Emmy Spring Schedule" doing Paris, London and Boston on consecutive weekends (how friggin awesome would that be?) - Comrades this time next year - so maybe throw a Autumn2014 marathon in the mix and a few short races and BCRC meet up runs on top of regular training/"other"running club and it's packed (god it's making me feel tuired just saying all that) - you'll need to get one of those massive top opening freezers and do a Paula with the local Tesco to get loads of ice. Saying all that - maybe throw a few more marathons in there just for good measure!

Kaz, awesome news passing exams. Keep it up! You';re on fire - your PB in Paris, the training, the courses -ROLL ON BERLIN! (and everything else!)

• Options

Kaz -- Well done!  I know it's stressful ( I sat for the bar exam 15 years ago and still have the occasional nightmare about it) but you will get through it.  Sounds like you are well on your way.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Thanks for he translation folks. I guess instead of that I could always hold my arms out as I run and sing in the hills.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I now feel a lot better after the three pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord, 3/4 of litre of cider and a glass of wine after my 12 mile run on Sunday. I vaguely remember engaging in a facebook conversation with a Maus at some point. I have checked my facebook page for silly posts yet.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I do have to work on my re-hyrdration

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Random running 'don't you hate it when': you wake up in the morning ready to run but you know there's action in the pipes. Nothing moving so you head out. 1kmish or far enough that going back isn't an option movement starts. So the rest of the run you're not as relaxed as you'd like.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I will never go when there is possible action in the offing.

• Options

Radar Sal - the phrase "Make like a bear" was invented for such situations. For country bears, it's no problem but um, urban bears face more obstacles...

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Yeah, can't make like a bear when there's no wood. Only option was to hold strong. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Clench love.  Clench for all you're worth...

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Suck it up Sal, slowly release the air around it to release the pressure and pray to the good lord that nothing else comes out

• Options

FFS you lot!!! Certainly made me laugh! 

Thanx everyone! Feeling really good tonight after making a 6ft, reaaaaaally fit man sweat buckets today! And circuit training class was major fun..... For me!!!image

All my written papers done toooo.image Now i just need to run! 

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RS - I know your pain. A friend and I were driving to Johannesburg from Sun City once, and my curry decided it had been with me long enough. With no other options, we pulled into a farm house, and rang the bell. As the door opened, I bolted past the rather startled elderly farm lady and left my poor friend to explain.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Good girl Kaz.  Your mission for tomorrow, should you accept it, is to make him cry.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Clench love.  Clench for all you're worth...

Im laughing so hard it hurts!

kaz - you are a MACHINE!! I wish we lived closer to each other - I'd love to go up against you in PT. I think we'd be great rivals!

talking of making grown men sweat - I almost injured one. I was at the gym minding my own business on the weight machine and there were a few guys trying to 'impress' the room. I step up to a machine and knock out: 120kg on the leg press with ease And they all look around as if to say: WTF. He goes on it after me, trieS 140kg and almost gives himself a hernia. I moved to seated row and pull 40kg. He follows me trying to recover some pride and tries 50kg.... And promptly nearly breaks the machine as the weights slams down. All of his friends laughing at him for being beaten by a girl and I'm wondering what the hell the fuss is about.

RS - I've only had it once and that once I shall not lie resulted me getting cautioned by the police for indecent exposure in a public place.... And that's all I'll say on that matter.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Indecent exposure and friends having to explain.  We are quality.

I clenched for 5kms and made itimage

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I would have objected to a charge of indecent exposure.  What part of you is indecent?image

• Options

RS - you will have buns of steel after all that clenching image.

Kaz - I think you have an advertising strap line for your new business: 'Train with me, I make grown men cry' image.

Dannirr - did you spot the post on FB from the official Comrades page confirming it will definitely be a 'down' year next year?

TJB - I have the running strategy all sorted (and the spreadsheets to prove it) - if only the work stuff was as simple. YM - I'm always on the side of the good guys image.

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

I would have objected to a charge of indecent exposure.  What part of you is indecent?image

Probably the bit that came tumbling out of her *rse!

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RR - no I missed that - but I am happy to hear it.  I want to do the down race.  What are you doing hotel-wise?

• Options

James B 73 wrote (see)

I now feel a lot better after the three pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord, 3/4 of litre of cider and a glass of wine after my 12 mile run on Sunday. I vaguely remember engaging in a facebook conversation with a Maus at some point. I have checked my facebook page for silly posts yet.

Love that beer.

• Options

Dannir - I haven't started thinking about that yet. So far my plans have consisted of peering at training schedules through my fingers.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

RR - I'm going to start sending you random emails with attachments called "must see cute cat dance", "Yer_maj does it again", "DLR in his mankini", "Kaz makes a grown man cry" etc but it won't be that...it'll be mad comrades training plans.  I'm sure they have self flagellation in there somewhere..

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'd rather a spot of self flagellation than DLR in his mankini quite frankly....image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

My ass apparently. 

Running Rodent wrote (see)

Kaz - I think you have an advertising strap line for your new business: 'Train with me, I make grown men cry' image.

I love that idea. I'm sure that you'll get a lot of business with it

yer_maj wrote (see)

I'd rather a spot of self flagellation than DLR in his mankini quite frankly....image

One thing that i've learnt in the past few weeks. Under UKA rules - you cannot run a marathon in a mankini. You need to be wearing a shirt and at least shorts. I never knew that.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - Well done on your exams. Sounds like you're having a great time.

Happy clenching everyone!

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I've been battering the training for the Shrewsbury Half. Even did some sub 7 minute miles last night during my intervals. Think I'm going to take it easy now for Shrewsbury, as there are big hills to run.