Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

What fresh hell is this? Have hurt back.Seems like you need it for every single movement

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

How can sneezing be so sore?

• Options

Ow ATM..........I hope its better  soon.

Tempo session today has just about finished me off! Not good  and it was only 10k @ tempo pace.........image

• Options

Oops. Poor RR. Iain will take her second corner!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Holy crap it's hot! (Not as hot as for the itlr runners so am a wimp) had to stop twice on run into work this morning. 

Atm - look after that back!

• Options

Gah! Sorry for the double post. It won't let me edit it away anymore either...

I'm a wimp too - 36 degrees is about my limit. 

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

ATM - Hope your back is better soon.

Iain - Hope your feeling better soon too.

I managed a horrifically slow 9 miles tonight. I just can't run in any sort of heat at pace, and it's far cooler up here than in other parts of the country. I take my hat off to the ITLR's getting the miles in each day in the heat they're having to deal with.

• Options
    MeadowerMeadower ✭✭✭

MM - Physio thinks it could ultimately be lasting damage, but...

DV - orthotics are exactly what I was told to expect from said podiatrist.  I'm being cheap and going NHS, but decided after talking to fellow runners today to pick up off-the-shelf ones tomorrow and have a short test run.  Saturday might happen yet. 

Once again to the ITLR folk - Incredible!

• Options

Morning all. MM - lovely campsite last night, with the cleanest shower block I'be ever seen! 

We're trying a new system today, where no one is running more than 5k at a time, because of the heat. Thanks for the messages of support guys, it's really a big help.

• Options

Have a great day RR and the rest of the ITLR team. 

• Options

Sounds good RR. Hope everything goes well today!

• Options

The ITLR team are doing an incredible job..    well done  image

• Options

Mornings.
    Breakfast report first - one down, one to go.

Because of the heat, we've switched the system so there's a group of runners doing 5k at a time.

Today's playlist: Emmy running in a team of 3 from 6am to 9am.
    Susannah, RR, Iain, TD and me running from 2pm to 5.40pm.

Was great to hear your messages yesterday, thanks.

Last night's campsite was about 90 stars out of 100 image Cheers MM.

About to post pics on FB so keep your eyes peeled.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My eyes are peeling.

And I'm giving some thought to my "messages of support" for today.... image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

My eyes are peeling.

me tooimage

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

The 5k thing sounds like a good idea... I am in the Tenko frock and it's only low 20s. Good luck to all of you running in that heat. ( Tell me you have more than one ITLR T-shirt each...image ) This run is giving a whole new meaning to the ' Grand Tour' of Europe. someday, you must have a reunion and see it all from the window of that fancy train...

No running, indeed no sudden movements/cough or sneezing, for me til the back improves. It's rest and drugs all the way.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

ATM - hope that back feels better soon. Picturing you in the Tenko frock!

Amazing running from ITLR POSSE and anyone UK side braving the heat! Well done to those going early - it's sensible and gets it out the way so you can spend the rest of the day on your backside eating ice cream!

10 miles for Jimbob this morning - was a bit tired and not really in the mood, plus was taking the uphills cautiously so as to not put too much pressure on my calfs/Achilles. Made it to the office pain free hooray!

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

My eyes are peeling.

me tooimage

Me three image

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

ATM - take care

ITLR people - the very best

• Options

ATM

I've decided on my frist tri. London next year. Funny though, I lived there for 6 years, just around the corner from Excel centre. but no, I couldn't take part in it then. now when I'm 1800km away and need to think about transporting my bike etc, now I want t do it. 

Just can't decide if I should go for sprint distance or olympic. 

• Options

RR/Weedy-- Sounds like a 5k limit is the smart way to go.

ATM-- Ive had back trouble myself in the past.  It is amazing how few movements can be made without using the muscles in your back.  Try not to sneeze. Or laugh. Or stand. Or cough.  Actually, you should probably just lie motionless for a few days.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

....... and definitely lay off the hanky panky ATM!

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Well done to the ITLR runners - you're doing brilliantly! I'm rooting for you from here - a fantastic challenge to raise awareness for an important (and sadly, oft ignored) issue. 

I went for an early morning run today and am feeling a bit smug, actually. Not sure if it was quite KOC (out of the door by 06:35) but it was lovely being out when the only people you meet are olf the older generation and/or dog walkers. It was so humid it appeared to be raining a bit, which was nice. 

Good work on the tris as well! I have been tempted to do a duathlon but not the tri. Not yet. 

No running for me this weekend (not even parkrun!) as I'm being whisked away by Mr KS to Stratford-Upon-Avon as part of my ongoing milestone birthday celebrations, hooray. We're going to the Theatre AND on Sunday we're going to CADBURYWORLD. I've been gently humming the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack to myself for weeks. I'm going to be so fat. It's going to be awesome. 

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

cant change my photo

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

James - it has to be below shapes minimum of 180px and jpg. Does your new photo fit the requirements?

• Options

Evenings

Quick one - we're in Germany. Tonight's campsite v v nice - cheers Maus. Next to a lake, so most of us have been swimming in it.
    Doing the 5k and switching worked well so we're going for that again tomorrow. We're also running in groups of up to four to maintain the kms.

Emmy played a blinder today. She was up at 4.40am to start running at 6, then spent the whole afternoon on the sat nav bike

I'm on the early shift tomorrow, then I get to loaf about at the next campsite all day.

The others are in the later shift.

Meal scores on the doors today: Breakfast 2, lunch 1, dinner 0 (to be rectified shortly)

And I'm getting rather good at going for number twos in ditches by the side of the road, with hand sanitiser gel natch (I've finally found a talent in life. I just need to exploit it somehow)

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Weedy - Great running by all of you doing ITLR.

I managed a paltry 6 miles this evening and I was dying due to the heat!

• Options

Well done ITLR!

Not even a paltry 6miles from me Eggy! Metafit this morning, postie round and about 6 miles walked........

And just about secured premises for a temporary(until I get extension built) studio.image

• Options

Go Kaz! Wow. This PT thing has really got, er, legs now!

12km for me at lunch time with 6km at lactate threshold. Now that I've figured out what it is.

• Options

12K for me tonight - longest run for ages. Legs are aching now.

Well done on another tough day ITLRunners. Half way there! And I must remember not to shake Weedy's hand next time we meet....