Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Wotsit (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Options

That'll be why you need a cleaner....

• Options
    Or a boarding school that keeps them for holidays
  • Options

Do they imprison children as small as mine?

Perhaps there is a gap in the market for some kind of potty training boot camp where they don't send them home till they reliably won't do it in their pants?

• Options

that sounds like my house

• Options

You've set up potty training boot camp in your house?  Brilliant.  I'll ship him over this afternoon.  Your wife will be delighted.

Its Day 1 today.  In its honour I managed to restrict myself to only 2 bites of the children's extremely sweet and covered in sprinkles, iced doughnut this morning.  My teeth hurt.

The weather forecast says -2 deg C for tonight's run.  Best wrap up very warm indeedy. image

• Options

I'll swap you,

you do my running for me and I will potty train your kids.

image I actually quite enjoyed potty training. (my son not me)image

• Options
    image For once I'm very glad I don't have kids. Please keep talking like this it stops the broodiness. image
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer Wotsit, but been there done that 3 times and have no intention of doing it again!!  Oh and they only make more mess as they get older, but you can shout at them more loudly to tidy it up themselves!!!
  • Options

Farnie - Deal.  The Wockette (now 4.5) was a doddle to potty train but the small boy (2.5) is too damn stubborn.  Its actually 'the curse of parental smugness' - just when you start to feel pleased with how very well you are parenting they turn round and prove that you are in fact the absolute opposite image

Cake - he's making up for it by having come up to me spontaneously this morning, wrapping his little arms around my neck and saying 'I love you Mummy, you're my favourite'. image

<Evil laugh.....>

• Options

I didn't even bother with Farnie jnr till he was 3 and a bit. 

He's not stubborn, he's just a boy.....

*ducks from things thrown by male members of the thread*

• Options
    See, I wouldn't have either, if it wasn't for the fact that he started removing his nappy in order to pee in the corner of the lounge.  He took to that side of it within 24 hours, its just the more solid side we have issues with image
  • Options
    LOL I remember all that.  In fact it reminds me we promised ourselves a new lounge carpet when the youngest was 5 and therefore hopefully passed the peeing / vomitting / lets not go there on the carpet!!! Youngest has just turned 6 but unfortunately these small people cost too darn much anyway, so had to make do with steam cleaning it!!
  • Options

ooh did you hire or buy DG

(sorry for the thread hijack)

• Options

Hire it!  You get a much deeper clean than with a Vax type thing.  Which reminds me, must borrow my mother's vax...

• Options
    Only with my own steam cleaner thingie which was a cheap one bought a few years back, but several people over Christmas asked if I'd got a new carpet image  At least the smell of stale spilled milk went image
  • Options

Can I rethink having a small boy here on a monday if he is doing that? Along with mine they will gang up on me. Still, at least I have wooden floors!

Great photos in RW mag. Does your training officially start at BPJ's tonight? and how soon can I piggyback on your training programme?

• Options

Helloooooo stranger! image

Er, no.  No getting out of having him.  I promise I'll have him back out of the habit by Monday.  Honest.

Yes to training with the Joggers tonight, piggyback away!  You're my backup for this whole plan. 

• Options
    How was your first night of 'proper' training?  Every time I try to run I collapse exhausted after 30 mins (I'm hoping I'm still not properly better after Christmas virus and not just rubbish!!!). 
  • Options

Morning Wotsit, hope you had a good run out with BPJ last night?

• Options

wotsit did the run go ok...................

By the way I had 2 of my boys pooing in their pants for months after they were potty trained.................no problems with the wees i think its definitely a boy thing............thry cracked it in the end but it wasn't fun when they had an upset stomachimage

• Options

Thanks Seren - I think image

DG - those who've had the Christkmas virus round have have said how long it takes them to feel properly better.  Look after yourself.

I tried to post last night, but the forum was broken!  Fancy it going down on my first night of training when *everyone* is waiting to hear!  Tut.

I ran.  It felt good.  If not rather slippy underfoot.  Nick wanted 10 easy, 10 moderate, 10 hard - the garmin breakdown says 10 easy, 30 moderate, 10 hard (ish, we kept having to slow down & walk for the icy patches).  Am I in trouble for cheating the schedule on the first run?

I've raced round tidying for the cleaning lady coming this afternoon (to assess, not clean, otherwise that'd be stupid).  She'll never notice all the things I've stuffed into cupboards and under the bed, right?

• Options

Hi Wotsit

can I join? Am in v similar position to you: 2 small children (both happily through the dreaded potty training .... apart from when health visitor comes when gladrags junior disgraced herself) have done 2 marathons before but broken no records, and now going for number 3 (marathon not small child)...

hope I can piggyback on your training programme too as 3 sessions a week about all I can manage... don't have a garmin  though... and have never done any 'speed' training so not quite sure how it will work, but am determined! 4h30 would be great!! (PB was 4h27 but that was pre-children - last year was 4h49 so anything less than that would be a bonus!)

Glads

• Options

Absolutely Glads, welcome to the party! image

Cleaning lady is extortionate.  Grrr... back to the drawing board.

• Options

I just learn to love the mess!!  When I get the hoover out the children all ask who's coming for tea!!!!

Well done on your run last night, what a great start to your training!!  I'm planning on running tomorrow morning, but I did so little work over Christmas and I've got mountains to get through before school on Thursday image.  Better get off here then and carry on!! Is it a rest day for you today?

• Options

well done wotsit.  and good luck with the whole potty training thing (son no.1 was a breeze and sorted himself out before he was 2.  health visitor asked me why he was still in nappies when he was so obviously potty trained.  son no.2 was NOT interested, and would rather carry on playing than go to the loo.  he was probably over 3 before he was even remotely sorted.....).

i see you are from worcester - i used to live there (those new houses at the top of tolladine, when they were new.  it was a building site when we were there and we  walked across fields to get to the tesco.  expect it has grown now tho.....)

are you running today or is it a rest day?  i had circuits last night and have done a 3 mile easy run/skate this morning.  looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

enjoying this thread - well done again

xx

• Options

I aspire to be that relaxed, but ultimately I'm not good with dirt and you can't clean with mess around.  If the house is clean I can relax and think straight, otherwise I just tie myself up in knots, moving chaos from place to place and never achieving anything. *sigh*

I'm back to work tomorrow and exceptionally grateful that my teaching mostly involves practicals this week - I've got no preparation done over Christmas either, except for writing the outline for one mock exam.  At some point I'll get on top of it... image

• Options

Today is a rest day.  Or as its also known, ironing night.

My life is so glamourous!  image

• Options

wotsit - quick post, off to do the school run. Hello! Go to the local newsagent and see if there any cards in the window advertising for cleaners (with references). Must be loads in the current climate. I have a girl do my ironing, a black bin liner full of clothes each week for a tenner! I am going to look at a cleaner for our 16 weeks training plan too

Sorry for typos/not reading back etc but just a quick thought?

Or don't you southern folk have this kind of thing?

Bye

• Options

Sue - that was my next course of action!  That and asking the lady who runs the local post office who knows *everything*.  Worcester isn't South, you know.  Firmly Midlands.  We're quite touchy about it image