Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Wotsit (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Options

Am back.  Am wrecked.

Easy 20 mins = 10.24mi (158bpm)

Hard 20 mins = 9.03mi (180bpm)

Managed to coordinate it so that the *whole* of the hard 20 mins was uphill.  Which is both good and bad.  The lovely flat Bourton 10k should be a piece of cake!

Had a little moment 12 mins in where I thought "Hey, I'm really getting in to running at this pace, even up a hill"  then 4 mins later my legs ran out of power and I felt like I was wading through custard.  But, I kept the pace going.  Just.  Then I walked the 0.3m home.  I'm not too proud image

• Options
    Well done on keeping at it even on the uphill slog Wotsit image
  • Options
    Thanks HL.  It was tough.  I'm really feeling last nights' pilates session now too.
  • Options

Wotsit - were you out with BPJs tonight? Thought I may have seen you guys as I came back thru town, but didn't catch even a glimpse of another runner tonight. May have been due to me not leaving the house til 7.30pm though!

Sounds like a good effort though anyway.

• Options

Hi Wotsit, just popping over from sub 4.30 thread

Cor you should be feeling really chuffed with yourself.  The 20 mins hard sounded REALLY HARD.  Did you have someone with you pushing you on.  The trouble with me is that when I do hard fast sessions I almost always slow down too early cos theres no one to tell me off.

I don't do hills (unless i'm going down them)!!!!

What you doing this weekend?

• Options
    whhhooooooo!  Way to go Wotsit, whatta pace, whatta woman!  image  image  Surely that earns you a triple vodka lucozade protein recovery shake? image
  • Options

Hi Wotsit image

Not that I'm not with it or anything but I've only just realised you are a Super Sixer after reading the 4.30 thread image

Anyway now I feel like I'm communicating with a celebrity image

Had a quick read thro' your recent posts - really impressed and envious. Will keep up to date now. Good luck image

• Options

Hi Wotsit,

You continue to be a total star! Great session and well done. I can't believe you chose to run the harder 20 mins up hill!  Keep up the good work and lets chat later. I will also see you tomorrow at the Lucozade training day with Liz. We will be on the track with no hills and the session that has been set will really help with pace judgement as we move forward.

Did I also read that you guys are now discussing mixing your Lucozade sport with spirits!  You should be ashamed.....................I am going to have to think of some running fines.

Best, Nick

• Options

Hello Nikster and Relaxed image  Lovely to see you both.  Anyone need any lucozade?  A lorry brought additional supplies this morning imageimage

Just in case anyone thinks I'm some kind of masochist, I live at the top of a hill so any run away from home ultimately ends in me having to run back up the hill.  The track work tomorrow should be a piece of cake, on the lovely flat.  Or at least thats what I'm comforting myself with.

DoT - was out all on my ownsome tonight.  It is much harder having to keep the pace - Alibugs is naturally faster than me, so when we run together she pushes me on.  I'm just going to give her a call and find out how she found the session.

Thanks HairyThistle - sssshhhh... Nick is watching image  I'm wondering if I can make Lucozade gin the same way as I did Damson gin?

My excitement about tomorrow's team training meet is now overtaking my nervousness about the track session.  Whatever shall I wear? image

• Options

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/51308236/Formal_Ball_Gown.jpg

I'd go for this.......image

• Options

Oooh, it'd be swooshy when I run....

Not quite enough support up top though.  It might scare people.

• Options
    Fashion over function though surely, Wotsit? imageimage
  • Options

Wotsit - nice running yesterday.

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hi Wotsit, just catching up with your thread! Excellent training going on here, you will do well at FLM. Like the idea of using luco sport as a mixer image
  • Options

LB - yeeeeees.  Normally I might agree, but the idea of my boobs flopping out is not that appealing.  Would it lose anything with a supportive sports bra underneath?

Morning Tracey G and Redhead image

<passes around the lucozade gin>

• Options

Oooh Lucozade gin thanks!!  Need something to keep me going as Winter Vomitting has hit the DG house and I can't keep up with the washing!! 

Well done on your fast uphill running.  Hope the track session goes well.  It sounds really exciting!!  That dress would need heels though and they may slow you down a tad image

• Options

Just wear your normal running kit tomorrow please Wotsit!  Will be great to catch up and review the training.

I will check the drinks....................before and after you run.

Best, Nick

• Options

Hi Wotsit, waves from the 4:30 Thread.

Excellent training, well done for keeping the pace up going uphill.

Passes glass over for some Locuzade Gin image

• Options

I'm thinking of making a lucozade jus to pour over a hardly cooked piece of steak.

YUUUMMMMMYYYYYYY.

Wotsit, shall I wear the wig tomorrow?

• Options

Fatface - Yes.  Absolutely.  Important to practice in it before the big day.

DG - you are right.  Better not go with heels this time, though doesn't Lily Allen do the whole 'balldress and trainers' look?  I could be as cool as she is?  Or perhaps not.

GillyM - Plenty to go around.  Ice and a slice?

• Options

I prefer mine with Champagne Wotsit!

I am a high maintenance bird I is....image

• Options

Sacrilege!  Champagne sits alone.

Unless its cheap, in which case, pour on!

I'm so going to be breath tested tomorrow... image

• Options

Hi Wotsit. Thought I'd say hi quickly. Am going to training session tomorrow too. Absolutely dreading BMI testing and fearing being slowest on track. It'll be a bit like being picked last for sport at school again!!  Only an hour left of work (yup still in work!)  then I may try a lucozade infused beer! See you tomorrow.

• Options
    HI Helen, just a note to say hello - great to see you today, hope you enjoyed the session. Loads to go for in the coming months and lots to work on for sure (ohhhh not looking forward to more threshold running but know it is a must) Big education for me today about pacing - must get that sorted this year! Anyway, hope you got home ok and wish you a good week. Will keep popping onto the thread to see what you are up to! Shonaimage
  • Options
    Oir - hello! I'm not good at forum names/real names - did I run round the track with you yesterday?

Morning Sho - nice of you to drop in image

Had a fabulous day yesterday at the training session. Think I have failed in my mission to sound less over-exciteable on video though. I will fill you all in on the gory details when I get home.

I am still in London. It seems trains are few and far between today, by which I mean that there is 1, at 1.43pm. I might get that then. When I get back, I've got to squeeze in my 100 min long slow run and see my children and relieve my husband from the weekend's sole parenting duties. I'm not even looking at the massive pile of marking, or thinking about the fact that I've got an external moderators visit on Wednesday...
  • Options

Hope you got home safely Wotsit.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time yesterday, can't wait to see the video!

So, what does week 4 (is that right?) have in store? image

• Options

DG - along at the perfect moment, as ever image

Week 4 

Sun - Rest 
    Mon – Group run of 45 mins but try to include 4 x 5 mins at threshold effort built in with a 2 min walk jog recovery in between each effort. 
    Tues – Rest 
    Wed – Pilates as normal 
    Thurs – Group run or alone. 40 mins with a block of 20 mins @ marathon pace (mp) built in the middle. Use the Garmin to get the pace right and aim for 4.30 marathon pace. 
    Fri – Rest 
    Sat – 75 mins Try to keep this continuous and relaxed. We are not going as far today as you have now done 3 longer runs in a row and it will be good to cut back and recover a little this weekend.. Keep the pace relaxed and conversational at all times.

Except thats not actually how this week is going to go because, slightly invariably, I haven't managed to get my long run in today, having not got back home till 5pm and being, unsurprisingly, shattered.  I'm going to have a chat with Nick tomorrow - despite seeing him on Saturday I didn't get much of a chance for a chat in amongst all the other things that were going on!  So I'll see what he suggests, but at the moment my week is looking more like:

Mon – Saturday's 100 mins easy run 
    Tues – Monday's Group run of 45 mins but try to include 4 x 5 mins at threshold effort built in with a 2 min walk jog recovery in between each effort. 
    Wed – Pilates as normal 
    Thurs – Group run or alone. 40 mins with a block of 20 mins @ marathon pace (mp) built in the middle. Use the Garmin to get the pace right and aim for 4.30 marathon pace. 
    Fri – Rest 
    Sat – 75 mins Try to keep this continuous and relaxed. We are not going as far today as you have now done 3 longer runs in a row and it will be good to cut back and recover a little this weekend.. Keep the pace relaxed and conversational at all times.

I think I might be very relieved indeed by the time I've done Saturday's run!

• Options

Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. look forward to hearing the details.

Can't believe that you will have to squeeze the 100 mins run in on top of everything else this week!  Maybe you will have to drop something else from your busy life - like sleep!image

Get some well deserved rest and let me know when you need a training partner again.image

• Options

OK, so the training session, these are my best bits:

• Hearing Liz Yelling talk about her Beijing experience and that her end of race strategy is the same as mine - that is, she gets to 20 miles and tells herself that its only 10k and she can do that easily, with 3 miles to go she knows its only 5k and she barely gets out of bed for 5k...!  Nice to think she and I have something to do with our running in common. image
    • Brilliant to see the other SuperSixers - we missed you SueC!
    • Loved the track work, despite my concerns.  I struggled to get my easy pace slow enough, mostly because its so lovely running on the flat!  But, got my marathon pace and threshold spot on for the 2 laps.  We did 3 mins in one direction, then 3 mins in another, so we should have arrived back exactly where we first started.  I think the furthest I was from the start line was about 3m.  Not bad!
    • Really really loved the scales that the Lucozade Sports Scientists brought with them image  They weighed us inside and the carpet made it about 5kgs light.  Always a good start to the day!
    • Picking the brains of the Sports Scientists about isotonic drinks, the relative merits of testing BMI (they didn't in the end) and the fabulous graphs that a garmin produces.  Team Geek - you are ace.
    • Anna, the physio, giving me some brilliant insights into my sore hips.  But not so much her exercises.  Ouch.  She's going to test our progress when we see her again in March which means I'm actually going to have to practice.
    • Discovering that Nick is lurking more than he is posting.... come out, come out, wherever you are..... image
  • Options
    Great to see you yesterday. hope all is well. x