Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Wotsit (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Options

I'm not eating enough apparently. I need the equivalent of 2 mars bars a day extra.

Yeeee haaaaaa. Get in.

• Options

Hi Wotsit

is it right that they are now renaming the runners world magazine.

the wotsit's runner, and have u bought those wardrobes yet?

nice to see that u are staying the night of the marathon my wife can't wait to meet u

fying ant

how are u mate

c u soon  

• Options

Fatface - did she *actually* say that you needed to eat another 2 mars bars?  Get you, you must be fading away.

BBB - they should rename it.  I'm certainly in enough this month.  It was completely coincidental, the article about weight loss.  But funny.

I'm not feeling quite right this morning.  I can't quite put my finger on why.  My heart rate was massively high, running last night, even though it didn't feel in any way hard.  I'm going to take a whole ruck of running data with me, to meet the sports physios next weekend.  They *are* going to love me! :-]

Oh, Ant.  You were getting the blame for kidney stones, as well as achillies injuries on Weds night!

• Options

haha, slowed me down!! Well it has just a bit! Had to run-walk yesterday on my run! While you are all gathering fitness, I seem to be on a slippery slope backwards!

Jason- I only speak the truth!

Liz
  • Options

Hi all

Sorry to interrupt  - just wanted to drop in and remind you that Nick Anderson will be online between 1 and 2pm today to answer any questions you might have about your marathon training too.

We've opened the debate a little early so post your questions for Nick now so he can get stuck in straight away at 1pm!

Thanks

Catherine

• Options

Just caught up on a few days worth there Wotsit.

You're going great guns.  A nice run last night by the sounds of it.

Going back to an ancient comment, I shall bring my cool bag to Mudchute and pack out a tub of Ben & Jerrys. Any particular flavour for modom?

LOL at your compression tights falling down too, I'm not jealous, oh no, not one bit!

Good luck for the long run over the weekend.

• Options

Fossil Fuel please Mouse image 

I've bought my own compression tights in a girl shape, so these ones shouldn't fall down as much as Wickett's do.  Mind, whether the dress I'll be wearing at Mark's shindig tomorrow stays up may be another concern.  Shame you can't specify where lost weight goes from! image

What a shame - I'm just back from work, so I've missed Nick's Q&A.  Just off to have a little read through.

Liz - am delighted to hear you're run/walking.  The best of us do.  I hope you're also increasing your number of cake days.  Babies love cake.

• Options

Anything you say Liz!

Keep up the excellent start Wotsit...you're making this all look ridiculously easy image

• Options
    Wotsit wrote (see)

Liz - am delighted to hear you're run/walking.  The best of us do.  I hope you're also increasing your number of cake days.  Babies love cake.

image mentioned in the same sentance as Liz Yelling. Just wait till my mum hears about this! imageimage
  • Options
    SaintJason - Lets hope my body doesn't just give up the ghost a couple of weeks down the line!  Thank you for the vote of confidence though image
  • Options

Cake, do you have some sort of auto alert that pops up when anyone mentions cake?

Do babies love you?

• Options

They do actualy. I get them all excited and them pass them back to there mum's and dad's. image

Cake Chocolate, food in general and Liz Yelling set off my spider seances and I come running.

(Liz don't panic there was a ongoing thing about you being a babe in the compertition thread, not stalking you) 

• Options
    Spider seances?  You call upon the ghosts of spiders who have died to tell you what is on the forum?  Cor, that is a spectacular effort.  I commend you.
  • Options
    image seances as in spider man. chuffing spell checker grrimageimage
  • Options
    I thought it was a brilliant spell check moment.  Like that 'Lost constanants' thing that one of the papers does.  You meant spider senses?  Nearly as clever, just not quite as left-field a super power. image
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)

(Liz don't panic there was a ongoing thing about you being a babe in the compertition thread, not stalking you) 

You should see his FB page Liz.......imageimage

See Cake - I AM everywhere.......image

• Options

Right, gearing up for my run this morning.

100 mins ( if required, walk for 1-2 mins every 15 mins). Keep the pace relaxed and conversational at all times

I'm going to pick up the, now recovered, Alibugs on the way round, so she's not tempted to push herself too hard after a week being poorly and so that I get some company in the middle of my run.  I'm still not feeling quite 100% but lots better after a very good nights sleep.

• Options

Hope it goes well this morning Wotsit. Listen to your body if you're not quite 100% won't you?

Are you trying to get excited about eating porridge too? image I'm out on an 11 miler today!

• Options
    Hope it goes well Wotsit. 
  • Options

Thanks LB & Pig - it wasn't too bad in the end but I did feel very tired and heavy legged throughout.

I've been feeling nauseous and as though my tummy is not quite happy for the last couple of days so couldn't manage to eat masses yesterday and couldn't stomach much breakfast today (porridge was right out of the window!) and I certainly felt it by the end of the run.  Ali and I were very good about walking up the big hills right from the start, rather than pushing through them, so we could get the most out of our legs.  She managed to stay out for almost 6 miles, which was further than I'd intended to let her do image

As for me, 104 mins, 9.75m (10.4mi). 

My  compression tights did arrive while I was out, but they're too big image so I'll have to swap them.  Part of me is pleased...

• Options
    Good running Wotsit this morning

And good news about the tights too(although it would be nice to have a pair that fit) image
  • Options

well done on the long run Wotsit, and huge congrats on compression tights being too big, that def. deserves a round of applause.

I've just had DH accompany me on my long run, as I had a tooth removed yesterday, and he obv. thought I needed babysitting.  The plonker set off at 9 min miles image Altogether better when we slowed to a pace I could talk at.

Rest day tomorrow?  Enjoy it, and hope you feel 100% soon. 

• Options

Well done for persisting. Shame about the tum. Fab about the tights.

• Options

Tights too big?image

YAY!! image

• Options
    I'm off out partying tonight.  Will anyone notice compression tights under a cocktail dress, do you think?
  • Options

Off partying as well

No running today. Red wine to lubricate my vocal cords because I'm going to a private cinema (food and drink available) to singalong to Mamma Mia

I am expecting to be embarassing and am alcohol loading acxcordingly

• Options

*whispers quietly as everyone else has a life and will have a sore head when they read this*

Hope you've all enjoyed your nights out!  I've been out to night as it was Miss DG's birthday, but just to Pizza Hut with family, and no alcohol involved image.  Still Miss has enjoyed her birthday so mission accomplished!

Well done on the run Wotsit!  I need to do a longer run tomorrow so I'm ready to start my half marathon training properly next week.  Mr DG is doing a half tomorrow morning, so I'm planning on plodding in the afternoon.  

What does Week 3 have in store Wotsit?

• Options

Morning all image

Thank you for your kind words about the run and the tights.  Legs feeling quite good this morning, that means not enough dancing last night.  The DJ did more dancing than I did, but thats another story! image

I was designated driver last night, so a very clear head for me this morning - and a rest day too, hooray!

Hairy Thistle - when my husband and I started running together I considered fitting him with toddler reins so he couldn't start off too fast.  He's much better these days, not least the last few weeks as his chest infection has meant he's *had* to run at my pace or not at all!

Dg - thank you for asking (you are good at this image)  Week 3 has the following delights to offer:

Week 3

Sun  - Rest
    Mon – Group run if possible but please try to include 3 x 8 mins @ threshold (controlled discomfort 3-4 word answer pace) Try to have a 3 min walk jog rec between. Warm up well and warm down well for at least 10 mins each time. If you could incorporate the harder parts within your group run that would be great.
    Tues – Rest
    Wed – Pilates as normal
    Thurs – Group run or alone. 40 mins with the first 20 mins very relaxed and easy and the second 20 mins faster pace and quite near to threshold if possible.
    Fri – Rest
    Sat – 100 mins ( if required, walk for 1-2 mins every 15 mins). Keep the pace relaxed and conversational at all times.

• Options

Its interesting that your Thursday run states that the first 20mins are relaxed and easy and the second 20 are faster and nearer to threshold because I like to run this way and have often wondered if it's OK to do so! As it obviously is, I shall carry on! image

Dancing is always harder if I'm driving, as I'm not intoxicated enough to realise that I'm actually NOT very good! image

When I've had a few, I am (of course) the winner of Strictly......image

You've got more rest built into your program than I have Wotsit. I must make sure I don't crash and burn again.....image

• Options

Wierd, I'm sure I answered this earlier.... losing marbles.... image

For Rest, read 'preparing teaching for the next days' lessons, cleaning house, ironing, sorting out small children, etc. etc.'.  To be honest, I just do not have enough hours in my life to spend more time running and, as I proved by stopping last half term, I need to keep going with my pilates to keep my back strong enough to both run and lump about my growing children.

The best bit about winning this prize is having Nick create a training schedule that fits into my life, rather than me trying to squeeze my life into a training plan.  It makes the world of difference.