Options

Needed an ambulance last night..

Comments

• Options

"I ran a comfortable and rather enjoyable 16.8 miles last night. Turns out I just had a very nasty stomach bug which was aggravated by running. What a complete idiot."

this says alot.... you ran 16.8 miles and THREE NIGHTS AGO YOU CALLED FOR AN AMBULANCE?

take it from someone who knows, your body is gonna give you the two fingers for doing what you're doing to it and when it does you are gonna be mega screwed. are you able to have a week without running or health complaints?

• Options
    So your OH driving you ONE way to A and E wouldn't get you there quicker than an ambulance driving TWO ways even on blues!!
  • Options

I think D2D is on the wind-up. In fact I'm convinced she is infact ZZ and when she is unmasked, she'll cry....

"And I would've got away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids!"

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/phantom%20scooby%20doo%20unmask%201.jpg

• Options
    So you had a stomach bug so severe it needed an ambulance. And 3 days later you're running 17 miles ? You're mad - and I cant see that you'll be running much longer with the run of injuries you've had. You dont listen to your body, or anyone else. Your body wont thank you for it and it wont be long before the next injury.

Listen to those more experienced than you or lose the sport you love.
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

"So you had a stomach bug so severe it needed an ambulance. And 3 days later you're running 17 miles ? You're mad"

I would have said more melodramtic than mad, either that or she's talking bollox

• Options
    At this rate, there'll be a new thread "Ran 17miles three days after a stomach bug and doctor says I've got a stress fracture in my stomach.  When can I start training again?"
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CJBA (justgiving.com/Aspie-on-the-run) wrote (see)
    At this rate, there'll be a new thread "Ran 17miles three days after a stomach bug and doctor says I've got a stress fracture in my stomach.  When can I start training again?"
    The following day, obviouslyimage
  • Options

de-lurks just to say...

D2D can you not see that why you are doing can in no way be good for you? You've just been so ill it warranted calling an ambulance and then 3 days later you choose to run 17miles.  Can you not see that you are making some crazy choices that are going to lead to you getting injured further, or have some serious impact on your health.  Its like you hoping something will happen so you can get more attention?  Do you enjoy the level of attention you get, is it really worth your health?  There are a lot of experienced runners on here and not one of them seem to think that what your doing is a good idea, they arent telling you to rest to hinder your running they are trying to help, maybe you should try and listen...they are only trying to help.

ps. to be honest i dont know why they bother, some of the comments you have made are absolutely horrific and completely unneccessary (ive only read those to KK and Wilkie but im sure there are more)

I think you need to take a good long hard look at yourself and your behaviour on here and how you are looking after your body

goes back to lurking wondering why ive just wasted 10mins typing thisimage

• Options
    I'm sure there are a whole host of problems and dilemmas just waiting for us when D2D starts racing in a wheelchair....
  • Options

<pops head over parapet> 

Am I missing something here?  D2D - you didn't actually NEED an ambulance in the end.  So still running should be fine?  However, overstating a problem is not exactly going to result in the best advice. (sorry if this has already been stated - can't be bothered to read the whole way back, I've just lurked for a bit)

<ducks down and slinks back into the shadows quickly like a true coward>

• Options
    yeah, its hilarious isnt it.... all these people thinking you are a fool!
  • Options
    therese the new and improved! wrote (see)
    yeah, its hilarious isnt it.... all these people thinking you are a fool!
    It is if D2D is deliberately baiting people. Then in that case it's hilarious and everyone is a mug for biting... image
  • Options

Why bother opening the chapter in the first place?

My post wasnt meant to grind you down, you really do need to start listening to advice and look after yourself, i dont think you can be 100% fit and well 3 days after calling an ambulance?

• Options

Whatever you think of D2D, she holds her own in the face of a lot of crap - some justified and some by people ("the usual suspects") who obviously have axes to grind.

Whilst she may have said some things that are out of order I personally think some of it has been in the face of a lot of provocation: I have never seen someone on RW who has been subjected to such vitriol and calumny and who has kept scrapping away regardless.

I think that is quite admirable in a way..

Just sayin'.... image

BTW - please don't be tasking me on this one cos i can't be arsed replying.

also, just sayin' image

• Options
    BTW if you don't know what calumny means try dictionary.comimage
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    "I'm closing the chapter on this ridiculousness."

So you're a writer by day. What's that phrase about day jobs and giving up?

I mean...EVERYone knows that the word you're looking for is "ridiculosity".
  • Options

JB - I think the problem is that some (a lot?) of D2D's acidic comments have been unprovoked. And she can be really nasty.

Still, hats off to her for coming back again and again and again. I wouldn't want to hang around somewhere where I was made to feel so unwelcome.

But then, as she seems to ignore lots of good advice that lots of people have taken time to write, it's understandable that folk get hacked off.

• Options
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Whatever you think of D2D, she holds her own in the face of a lot of crap - some justified and some by people ("the usual suspects") who obviously have axes to grind.

Whilst she may have said some things that are out of order I personally think some of it has been in the face of a lot of provocation: I have never seen someone on RW who has been subjected to such vitriol and calumny and who has kept scrapping away regardless.

I think that is quite admirable in a way..

Just sayin'.... image

BTW - please don't be tasking me on this one cos i can't be arsed replying.

also, just sayin' image

JB - I think you are a four legged hairy arsed mongrel who has not right to cast aspersions on other people on this site...
  • Options

For those who dont know what Calumny means and cant be arsed looking it up

–noun, plural -nies. 1.a false and malicious statement designed to injure the reputation of someone or something: The speech was considered a calumny of the administration. 2.the act of uttering calumnies; slander; defamation.
    Synonyms:
    libel, vilification, calumniation, derogation.

D2D please keep posting you are great entertainment

• Options
    Fair point JB, but the insults on Friday were outrageous, whatever the provocation
  • Options

OI!

I'm not a mongrel, I'm a pedigree!

Full name "Chauncy Beauregard of  Twinkling Glitter".

I seem to recall someone told D2D to "F*ck off and die" to no comment whatsoever from other people, leaving aside all the other abuse from the regulars.

I suppose if you are a forum regular you get a pass... which doesn't sound fair.

Just sayin'...

• Options

Sucked in again.

Oh well, I'm off to a dog show,where I expect to carry off "Best Sporting Breed".

• Options

Would you like a bone JB?

... actually... don't answer that

• Options
    *Slavers expectantly*
  • Options

*tosses*

As in throws a bone, what did you think I meant?  Smutty minded lot

• Options

http://api.ning.com/files/71epx7nCZwo87ojCj7a1u1UIw9QHHZzeRCfLuqgzLoCJmpUaS6M9RoDvRJ2STyv4kwC6JfxQWL0e2ExjBaqxKR0nuznyy2bF/AngryMobFunRun_1024.jpg

Race held in honour of D2D by RW forumites