Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options

I'm good at hiding - just ask B; we were no more than 5m away from each other for the best part of a day at Mudchute and never made contact image
    (I meant my Little Brown Bear, Bear - sorry!image  )

I don't even know that I'll make mile24 to be honest, the cut-offs are a bit tough...
    *wibble* 

• Options

Ah right - the dog called Bear image

Chairs made,just needto tackle the table now image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have the house to myself. Time to party! *shimmies*

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Sea swim done. I felt really positive when I got out of the water. Amazing what a bit of exercise and some thinking time can do.

Then I got home and the grey mood started to decend again

• Options

Great stuff Caz (apart from the mood obviously)

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I need to find a passport photo and a red swimming hat before 7am tomorrow.  I wonder whether I can use any old photo cut to the right size.  Not sure where to get a red hat from though.  I have white, yellow, blue, green and black, but no red one.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have a red swimming hat but no way of getting it to you, otherwise you'd be welcome to it Caz image Why does it have to be red?

/members/images/509622/Gallery/let_us_be_lovely.JPG

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Off to swim at Dover tomorrow with the Channel swimmers.  People training for the relay have yellow caps.  People training for the solo have red caps.  That way they can keep a closer eye on you and look after you better.  Yellow hats will generally be less experienced so they need to look out for general fatigue and hypothermia.  Red hats will need feeding at regular intervals and won't get hypothermia until they have been in the water a lot longer.

Hopefully I can buy a hat down there.  I'm sure they must have spares for people who forget theirs, or who haven't done their research about the system.

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Good luck tomorrow Caz, if all else fails a big red waterproof marker pen?

Small I know how you feel, pj is finishing sixth form this year, where did it go....?

Goodnight Johnboys everywhere...
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Morning!  Up bright an early and almost ready to head off.  That's two mornings in a row I have seen the wrong side of 5am

• Options

Morning!

Tons of luck SC and hope you managed to find a hat

sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
    /members/images/509622/Gallery/let_us_be_lovely.JPG

Love that image

Got some friends coming round tonight who don't eat lamb or dairy.  "No problem" i thought, "I'll make a pizza" image   When you think about it so many things have got some form of dairy in.  Blouse suggested Tandoori Chicken.  Nope, got yoghurt in.  At this rate it will be chilli and I wanted to be slightly less mundane.  Any ideas?   It needs to be fairly easy to make, too, as I'm running around like a mad thing today and don't want to be a frazzled stressbag when they arrive.

T-shirt ordering day, the list ended up as me, SC, SOLB,GFB, Manly Dawn, Small, Bookie and Cake. If anyone else has sent a cheque that hasn't arrived yet please shout before 9am or forever clutch part of your anatomy (hold your piece image )

• Options
    What about Thai curry? I'm sure coconut milk doesn't class as dairy. Or do they like fish? Nice bit of tuna steak or salmon with a salad. To be fair, though, all my best dishes feature cheese image
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

How about something like a chicken tagine?

Really, really easy to do and no dairy (there is optional yoghurt dolloped artiscally on top of that recipe - but it is optional image ).

Good luck today Caz image

Open water swimming for me and Cake this morning *wibble*

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Another one pot chicken dish - pilaf

Coconut milk definitely isn't dairy image 

• Options
    Morning, good luck SCaz.

I'm off to hurtle down a dry ski slope on a sledge today image

Sorry I'm rubbish with foody things, hope you all have fun though

Had better stagger to the shower

Be good Mundanies and have fun xxx
  • Options

Good luck Bookie and have fun SOLB

Yum!  Thanks they all sound like goers, and easy too.  I'll see what grabs me in Tescos, but at the moment the tagine with garlic bread for padding looks like a winner.  With some Doritos and mexican dips. Okay so geographically challenged there but it's all from somewhere foreign image

• Options

t-shirt please!

I waslooking for the right envelope - can send you the money electronically if you email me your bank details otherwise it's going off today image

• Options

Bear I've literally just got that the second before I left to go and get them.  Please can you text me with what size you want?

Mr P you have mail, need a text from you too.

Right, I'm off, that is absolutely last orders I'm afraid.  If anyone else wants to order one then it's Richard at Sports Kit in Royston, telephone 01763 248020

Hi ho, hi ho, to Tescos I will go.....

• Options

Hash I don't have your  number but XL please image

• Options

Morning all - sun's shining - image

• Options

tee shirt crisis averted image

• Options

Morning.

Flaming June - brrr! image

• Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭

morning all,...grey skies and stuff.....

yesterdays bike helmet shopping expedition was postponed due to a nice

glass (*bottleimage) of Rioja......re-scheduled for tomorrow.

swim and bike for me today....(really should consider a run at some point too i suppose)...

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Afternoon image

I'm alive! Although I was also alive after the last OW swim, and that didn't turn out so well... So fingers crossed that I remain alive image *crosses fingers*

The water was cold, I was on the verge of a panic attack at the thought of getting in the lake, but knew if I didn't then I probably never would. So I did. After about 100m of a very pathetic breaststroke (how are you meant to write that?) during which my wetsuit attempted to fold me in half in a backwards fashion (I really don't need the extra buoyancy image) I realised that my desperate attempts not to put my face in the cold, weed-ridden water were a bit pointless. So I got my head in and switched to crawl. I managed ~1.3K before it was time to get out (danger of being decapitated by boats image) and I have to say I'm rather pleased with myself for doing it. If I'm not ill in the next few days, I'll go again image

• Options

Great going Bookie!

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Something has been eating my arm image

Massive big lumps and a rash around each one image 

Now, do I assume that there was something in the water having a nibble, or was it something in the garden (I've just been out in the garden)?

Either way - itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

• Options

Well done Bookie! Hope the itchies die down soon.

I've had an inch and a half off my hair.  I feel quite light headed! image

Going to a wedding reception in a field this evening. Such a shame it's now raining. At least they have an enormous marquee. Only a shortish stagger back home afterwards! imageimage

• Options

MrGFB and I have been to a comic book convention - there were many superheros present...it was very crowded but there was some amazing art work on display.  We weren't the oldest there!! image

Then lunch in the sun (still sunny here but starting to cloud over) and a walk round the continental market...then a wee drive in the country...image - I may have just opened a bottle of wine and may be planning to sit and read in the garden image

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Lots of midges and mosquitoes out at the moment Bookie. I am head to toe in bites.