Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

Fingers crossed Nam!  Exciting.

Not sure if you've talked about this before, but have you tried to get in with events companies etc to do freelance work at races or other occasions?  I know it probably pays a penitence but good for the portfolio and networking.

xtramile, One step belond etc? I could even get you some work with kids and stuff but would be sessional and the pay would be in travel free entres to places and pennies.
  • Options
    There were always multiple photographers at rowing events too - took photos, labelled up on websites by crew number for purchase. Might be worth approaching local rowing club captains for a chat?
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)

Mind you saying that can anyone lend me a venue with a wedding lisence that can fit 200 people and free cateering please? image 

200?! Wow image

Given the choice, I wanted to have a slightly different type of wedding, where everyone brought food and drink instead of presents and we made a massive collective picnic and we'd have multiple bands playing, more like a festival image

• Options

Blimey, I potter off to do some work of a morning and it's all excitement here image

You've asked the question Nam, there is no obligation but there is plenty of time to think and plan and weigh stuff up logically.  The key is having a plan of sorts and the vision to see how you can keep the wolf from the door while you follow your dream without any sort of real fear image

I've changed direction a couple of times in my working life but I've always been lucky enough to have the next step in place before I left the last one.  I have a fear of the wolf as he very nearly got me when the ex Mr TP left me with less than nothing .... it was an equal division ... he got the assets, I got the debts.

I've no ideas about photography but once you've got a few weddings photos you can show round there will be a great market for the informal type photography at less formal weddings.  You only need to look at the amount of people on the forum who are planning this sort of event .... must be the same in your neck of the woods.

• Options

Chat with boss had.  He's good, very pragmatic and non-confrontational.  We agreed that I do my job evaluation based on what I used to do rather than current carnage, to protect my grade and he'll just sign it off.  Kusshty!!

Re: VS, he'll start looking at 'bumping'... i.e. looking at which jobs will get deleted, leaving people high & dry... and who of the 'high & dry' crowd would have the necessary knowledge, skills & experience to fill my post... and IF he can find such a person he could potentially let me go... 

So not a bad meeting all round...

Cake wrote (see)

Mind you saying that can anyone lend me a venue with a wedding lisence that can fit 200 people and free cateering please? image 

No idea but you can have free photos.  image

• Options

Sounds quite positive feedback from him Nam image

You don't know anyone with a farm which has a very large shed do you Cake?  I know people who've had their reception in them on family farms.  You would need to hire portaloos though.  As for catering I've sen them done with a hog roast and a load of salads & stuff bought in from the local Costco.  Tables & chairs can be hired.  Actually, I think I'd make a good event planner .....

• Options
    image I have a big family I refere to them as the clan.
  • Options

Yes TP it was quite a positive meeting.  I felt I could be honest with him and said I hadn't prepared a speech to try to talk him in or out of anything... I told him that since the re-organisation my job isn't at all what it was, all the bits of work I was particularly interested in have been taken away from me, I've just had scraps of random stuff allocated, I am no longer part of any team etc.  He agrees with me on a lot of stuff regarding the restructure we've been through.  I feel he has my best interests at heart in wanting to protect my grade & pay scale and he promised that IF he can't let me go, he would work on carving me a proper role and I would be part of a team etc.  image

Hey the spit roast farm yard wedding sounds like a cracking idea!! image

• Options
    image She will kill me if I say anything. image
  • Options

All good stuff Nam.  Shame it took you asking about VS to prompt your manager to actually talk to you, but at least it's done and you have a better idea of where you stand.

Another thumbs up for the spit roast!  But here's another thought - do you really have to have hundreds of cousins you never see along to your wedding?  I certainly didn't.  But if they are folks that do actually want, then the barn could be the way to go.

I like the sound of your festival wedding too Frodo image

• Options
    I will add a couple of things on the farm wedding.  Farms are inherently dangerous places so pissed people or kids wandering around is not a good idea.  The area needs to be cordoned off from the main farm.  Secondly, most sheds are filthy and you'd need to spend several weekends on a cherry picker cleaning before the big day.
  • Options

You could get married in winter and hire reindeer!! image

http://www.reindeer-4hire.co.uk/animal.htm

• Options

Cake, which region are you looking in? 

(can you tell I'm not very busy...?)

• Options

http://www.ultimatevenue.com/event-venues-barns/barns.html

Barn hire website, searchable by size & location. image

http://www.greenunion.co.uk/

eco-friendly weddings...

• Options
    We are popping down south Friday to look at somewhere chuck although far from sure at the moment. Might end up being something like frodo’s do. A spit roast has been suggested a few times.
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)
     A spit roast has been suggested a few times.
    Has it ? image
  • Options
  • Options

That would make the wedding photos a little bit different image

Whoop whoop, home early as I had a doctors appointment.  Nice to be at home when the number starts with a 5 for a change.  I had an interesting discussion with the practice nurse who did the usual smoking/drinking questions but didn't mention exercise.  Apparently this is because most people don't do any so it's not worth asking.  She did offer to add it to my records if I did any .... I'm thinking I must look as lardy and unfit as I feel at the moment.

Meeting about the local Parkrun organisation tonight.  I am going to try to sit on my hands and not volunteer for anything.

• Options

*wonders if TP has a long to do list yet*

Evening all.  Another good run tonight.  5 miles with a couple of faster miles in the middle of it.  Getting better.  This is becoming a habit again.  I'm even feeling a little less podgy too.  Which is nice.

What's everyone doing this evening?  I've just stuck a filum on and am supping tea.  Rock'n'roll Chez BDB.

• Options

I seemed to find my hand waving when they were asking for people to be on the run director rota.  Well, it seemed like the easiest job .... organising people and being bossy and loud is what I do for a living so another go on the odd Saturday morning won't hurt.

Just had an ice lolly and poured myself a glass of wine and have feet up on the sofa with the telly on .... rock n roll here too image

• Options

Race director sounds like it has the potential to cause lots of headaches.

I may push the boat out and have a Muller Corner.  There's no stopping the craziness.

• Options
    I went with a mug of hot milk. I'm the real rebel here image
  • Options
    Evening. Half a fish finger sandwich and a glass of water here - do I get the prize for the wildest living?
  • Options

Nah, it's just making sure everything works and sorting it out when it doesn't.  Same as the day job but with more lycra involved.

Careful with that hot milk Frodo .... you might nod off into it and drown ... more ham roll than rock n roll image

• Options
    Only if you put tomato sauce on it ST otherwise it's a draw with the hot milk.
  • Options
    I would never adulterate a fish finger sandwich with any sauce, TP!!

<gasps in horror>
  • Options
    <equally horrified>
    image No sauce?!
    <thud>
  • Options

We really shouldn't be let out us lot.

If you've gone with white bread ST (*mwah* btw), then you could join Guns'n'Roses.

• Options
    x-post - no sauce?  Fish fingers are too dry without it!