Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Does it have to be 2 weeks solid? I mean 9 days should surely do it,................ when I say 9 I mean 4

• Options

Is that 4 lots of 24 hours or 2 hours on 4 seperate dates?

• Options

Bit of advice to cake much more fun being dishonourable big girl!

• Options

image But I want to be a lady?

• Options

Looks like a good event, decent website. Not too far from me (Oxfordshire). However I've not done that sort of distance yet and I don't have the muscle memory of some of the more season athletes on here image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

image But I want to be a lady?

tuck under....??

• Options

Kritter you probably don't want to no given some of the tomfoolery but if you feel like it and don't want to do the distance I'm sure they are on the look out for marshall's and also if you wanted to see how much the distance isn't that scary if you come down you can watch us all eat ice cream and also put some names to faces.

It's a very newbie friendly race if you want a good time I would wait until you have trained up and stuff for the distance but if you wanted to just get round and experance it it's a good one to play at. The step up from Olly to half isn't that great, painful but not unacheiveable.

• Options

sorry cake no experience about being a lady, never acheived that level of sophistication, just about graduated to level of bird

• Options

Ok, there seems to be talk of 'training' - calm yourselves immediately! Emsi, I also am no lady! 

Still hoping to come down to Wild Boar. Attempting to persuade OH. The ice cream has always been winning me round image

• Options

Cake I heard you had big girl undies - that makes you a big girl in my eyes image

Kritter come and support on the day - you would be most welcome - my hubby is bringing his coffee and probably the guardian image and supporting his beloved wife!

Ran for 80 mins tonight worked hard for it tho' was very warm outside - I felt like I was  running comfortable til about 7k then it got v warm and all the clouds disappeared image Garmin tells me I was running the same pace as last week but hr was higher image I have improved from June image 

And who says compression gear isn't sexy big girl underwear??? (Apart from my hubby!!)

• Options

Mrs D is coming to play!!! Yayyayayayay!! Icecream!!

• Options

Camping and eating ice cream, not playing. Will only have finished nights Sat am. But I like your air of excitement Buttercup. image

• Options

Meh - the day will be better for your prescence Mrs D image

• Options

I might try to get down to support if I end up not playing but that would have to be negatiated with family and may also depend on whether we have to do last minute school uniform shopping!

• Options

I'm hoping to get down to support image Have a school reunion night before ( which I have organised) didn't check dateslike a donut image It's cause I'm youngest of school year and all turned 40 this year image It's great cause I get to give everyone grief due to being youngest image Did I mention I'm the youngest image My wife loves it cause she is a whole month older than me and gets to know it every year lol. Anyway so Im hoping to get down its a great event I did itcoupler years ago now but loved it. Went from 6 sprints to wild bore lol so  Kritter86 get your ass signed up image

Now I know we're you get your name chilli from now chilli image

Who's actually doing wild bore? 

• Options

Mikasa I'm doing Sandman it's 22nd September, gonna be messy image 

Did 26 miles on bike tonight legs strong Arse sore lol

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

But you're still doing it ST! I'm not doing anything...

• Options

Mikasa that's cause I'm mad and will never learn, never swam in the sea before and a carp swimmer anyway. Bike I'm ok but go to hard and have nothing left for the run which isn't strong either. Apart from that I'm great image Hoping for under 4hrs but that's gonna hurt to get that but that's my goal image

O I'm not quite as mad as Cake image He's crazy lol image

• Options

Great words of encouragement, certainly as I have the breaking strain of a wet kit kat...

I'm not a watcher so if I tipped up I would certainly be racing. I get ichy feet just watching sport on TV.

Bad news is though I have my interclub Tri on the same day and as a new member I am really keen to get involved and show my club mates what I can do.

Looks like a great event though so maybe next year.....image

• Options

1900m OW swim last night, don't feel like I'm getting much faster but certainly feel less hooped when I get out. steady paced 5K run afterwards, no times as I forgot my watch- such a pleb!image

• Options

MrsD tell MrD if he comes there will be do-nuts. image

• Options

OMG Someone dropped out so I got place on one of our clubs national relay teams so I'm going back to HPP at the end of the month. I hope for happy memories from this one image Better stop stuffing my face and get on with training again, did a track session last night and saw 8min/mile-ing  pop up a few times which I haven't seen in many months. Now if I could hold that pace for a mile, well that would be something.

Pool tonight and better go OW on Saturday to re-acquaint myself with that loveliness.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Good training going on.

Brilliant new AliBear! What does that involve, what's the distances?

Went for a lunch time run  but it was more of a very slow shuffle. So peeved off with my fitness, need to drop the snacks and get this bloomin' weight off, it makes everything so much harder. Anyhoo, 3 miles done.

• Options

AliBear club relays are lots of fun image quick tip don't wear your Tri suit under your wettie else you will be standing around in wet gear waiting for your turn on bikeimage 

Open water tonight at jet ski centre Stanton. I'm going early 5pm so can get done to watch eldest in pre season match at Barlestone image

• Options

Hello!

Great to read the race reports and glad the training is ticking over. ST good to see you doing crazy stuff again!

I've been lurking but a bit too busy to post.  So I think my last post said something about not going IM long and instead focusing on a 2-day adventure race. . . .well . . . .I came 3rd in my category (out of 5) epic weekend and very chuffed.

Currently cycling a lot, something has just come over me where I just have to cycle.

Anyway back to work! 

• Options

Wow ecoseal well done. What event was it?? We need a report really.....

Alibear the relays are great fun I did them with my club last year, although I was a bit scared on the bike in thunder lightning and really hard hail. Didn't notice the storm I swam through thoughimage

No running or anything much today maybe tomorrow we will see

• Options

Ok so I'm managed 1500m of controlled (well most of the time) drowning image went early rushed about then found out football match was cancelled Grrrrrrrrrr image So glad I went and didn't cancel swim for it. Going out with an old mate on bike tomorrow can't wait image

• Options

Good to see you Ecoseal and Ali!! Well done both of you image

Swim in the pool tonight - am finding pool swimming a bit boring at the moment but got the job done.  Legs got a good stretch tonight which they needed after last nights effort image

• Options

All this event excitement is wonderful to hear image

ST - great to hear you are in fine form and determined to race image

Cat - bike trouble sounds horrible image but Yippee! to a new bike.

Ecoseal - Congratulations! How about a bit of a report?

Just been running a bit and cycling a bit. Have my final 20 miler on Friday. Am a bit worried that my neighbour's son wants to join me again. He's only 21 and runs 3hr50min marathon. I run a 4hr 55min marathon. image Last week's 10 mile run was done at my race pace, but I can't keep that up for 20 miles.