Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

image Rocco has turned into one. Quick get some garlic!image

• Options

Hello, on nasty nights for a few weeks so will be at work or in bed! I'm utterly useless at organising. Piss up & brewery spring to mind! But will step up to the plate if needs be.

top pic Rocco!

There's far too much talk of commando on here for my liking! 

• Options

Yay I have read the last 6 pages yayimageimage

Nice race and report Steady image

Razor Razor Razor image

If I don't wear tight shorts when running, all the movement makes me off balance image image

Nice one one Cake image And Bookie image Sounds worse than my mara-no-fun. You must be well happy with 40 miles and 40 winks image

MC holidays are for rest image

• Options

Sorry nice report and race Mrs D and happy 21st imageimageimage

• Options

ST I nearly choked reading your shirts commentimage

OK girls I can be the organiserimage I'll keep my eye out for when the entries open and sort it

ST hope you are well and have plenty of nice tight lycra shorts

• Options

wow, well done Cake and Steady, top racing and reporting.

Steady if you are that bad with bites, never, ever come to Scotland!  The midges are bad and there are millions of them!

I went to see the surgeon who ignored all complaints about pain and worries about internal rubbing and told me I could do what I want, but I should take pain killers and get back out to running/cycling/swimming.

So I bought a value pack of neurofen and I'm going to pop some pills and run 5K to see how it goes.  I won't be going to a PB!

• Options

Hi Pete after my op still get a bit of discomfort beginning of a run but seems to ease off after 1k ish image 

MC you still doing wild bore? 

• Options

ST not sure, still having knee issues and haven't really been getting a lot of bike in. Although I would love to do it I think I maybe ought to be thinking long term about getting myself sorted and building up sensibly for a good season next year rather than risking setting myself back with my knee. Don't want to end up not being able to  walk and off work again. I'll make a decision after I am back from hols though

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Pete, I would love to visit Scotland but knowing about the midges does put me off. When I visited my brother in Canada he said do not come in May or June because of the midges, they even have signs up in places warning of death due to certain midges near the lakes. The mozzies got me terribly when out canoeing in the wilderness.

Great to see you are reading the thread ST, how is the training going?

I know the tablets are working as the shade of red is now less, but the side effect of nausea is kicking in. Oh well this might be a recovery week in more than one way.

• Options

Well the run is pretty tough MC

• Options

Steady I am always a magnet for all biting insects I always get bitten and no-one else around me does. When we went up to the highlands I covered myself in Avon skin so soft it forms an oily layer on your skin and the little buggers can't bite you. I was covered in dead midges though as they kind of get stuck on it and die very quickly. Much nicer than using stinking insect repellent stuff

• Options

Hi SteadyCJ training going Er.......... So so I suppose image Mostly rest days as per normal. Let's face it I prefer races than training lol hope your hand on the mend.

• Options

Don't tell me that ST!! image 

• Options

Great reports! Well done Steady imageimage Cake - it sounds like quite a day! Big Congrats to you and Sarah.

Well done Mikasa for getting your towel. Went swimming first thing so wore my cossie under my clothes. Forget my knickers and it was quite a drafty day wearing a knee length skirt until home time. Have you read Chrissie Wellington's autobio yet? She did the same thing on a work visit to 10 Downing Street.

Short run this morning to get my legs going. Had planned a bike ride with my girlies but they went on strike. Quite bizarrely they decided they wanted to clean their bedrooms instead image.Hope they are not sickening with something.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Great report Steady and fab news on PB, well done!

I hate going commando. Obviously with padded cycling/tri shorts it's a different thing and I were no knickers.

Hi ST, what are you training for again?

I need to get some proper motivation and some goals. I just bimble along doing bit of this and bit of that, no wonder I never get anywhere/ get better. Thinking hat on.

• Options

Evening all.

Nice report Steady. Sorry I wasn't there. Had been down to marshal but was working abroad the week before so stopped off by the Kent coast for a few days afterwards.

Well done everyone else!

I went MTBing tonight and broke my MTB. I'm sure the rear mech isn't supposed to be inside the back wheel image.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

IronCat I did look out for you but wondered if you were away. Good excuse to buy a new bike

• Options

Blimey chili can you send that cleaning bedroom virus to my kids??

How did you manage that cat????

• Options

image Oh Cat you ok through mate? You didn't break a leg or something at the same time?

• Options

All this no pants talk image

Gutted about the bike Cat hope it's nothing to serious.

No gym this morning as I wanted to be fresh for the OW swim and run session this evening. Feel a little guilty after having a 12oz burger for dinner last night. Food is fuel after all image

• Options

I'm fine! Very low speed stick in rear mech incident. Rear mech caught up in wheel and near seatstays. Steel frame so integrated mech hangar bent in all directions and bolt hole thread stripped. 

New bike time image

• Options

Love new bike timeimage

• Options

Wow, just caught up with the weekends going on, lots of great racing going on and a lack of underwear it seems, I got back from London last night after the London-Surrey 100, it was a great weekend, felt like a holliday, I've come back to work today feeling like I've been away for ages (need to get out more).

The training started today for The Wild Boar, couple of weeks training should be plenty shouldn't it? image

• Options

image 2 weeks should be fine right? image

If not I'm sure we can all fight for the right to come last?

• Options

image But I can I be a honable big girl?

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Cake you can always be an honorary big girl.