Options

Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Comments

• Options

they had a different team in this year and i think they were hoping to solve the issue......

but i think with the laps being so small its causing problems.........

• Options

Whilst I was resting in the briefing room Steve and Eddie came in and were chatting to each other.

They were really cross about the problems with the timing mat, to quote "we paid a lot of f***ing money for that timing team and it's still crap"

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    FerrousFerret wrote (see)

Thanks for all the race reports to date, utterly compelling reading.  Caps doffed to anyone toeing the start line.

No, caps doffed for anyone who has put in the effort in training and prep (which our guys have). No respect for anyone having money and ego to throw at these events when they haven't trained and taken it seriously. Or just are going through a mid life crisis and can't pull the girl or afford the fast car. image

Am I missing something here? 

Anyone who undertakes ultra triathlons would have put the hard yards in. Can you be a little more specific on your point? Seems a little negative to me, or is there some underlying issue with people spending their disposable income on a hobby they love?

Reading back its not the first time you have raised this.

Yes, I could have saved a sh!t load of money over the years. Kona cost me an arm and a leg, but was fortunate enough to qualify and had a great holiday/race over there. I have spent some money on bling but these are bits of kit I have saved up for. Enduroman put on events that, pound for pound are great value for money.

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭

To be fair on the timing people they did a great job over 10 days.

I had one issue where they missed one run lap, but it was pretty obvious that it hadn't registered (4 * 13 min laps followed by a 27 min then back to 13's)

No timing mat is 100% - all you have to do is be polite and ask and it's usually sorted out.

The online results service was 100% better than previous years, given the lack of internet connectivity I have received comments on how easy it was to follow.

• Options

Amazing reports but the room seems to get terribly smokey when I read them???

Seren, inspirational and your son sounds amazing. Purple, gutted for you but you be back with all tummy issues resolved.

So proud to call myself a pirate so that I can be associated with such inspirational people!

• Options

I think it just got difficult on Sunday. Maybe it was because it got so busy.

Overall though it was a superb event, I can't wait to go back next year.

I still feel really crap, I went back to work yesterday and I think that was a bad idea. Today I feel exhausted and nauseous again. I am resting today image

Monique - where is your report? You did promise image

• Options

I'm still waiting for last year's from Mon which was going to take the shape of a board game image

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭

will get round to doing one... if anyone is interested?

• Options

Easy for you to say... image

• Options

of course we are interested image

• Options

*drums fingers on desk*

• Options

<gets soggy pringles out and sits down>

They're not very quick are they?

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭

Abridged version

Day 1. Did an Enduroman. I broke the course record for a single and was told to slow down

Day 2. I did another Enduroman, slower than day 1

Day 3. I did anther one, faster than day 2.

Day 4. I did another one, but slower than day 3

Day 5. I did another, faster than day 4

Day 6. I did another. It was slower.

Day 7. It rained. All day. It was slower than day 6

Day 8. It was windy. Very windy. Didnt like the new bike course. Slowe than Day 7

Day 9. It was sunny. Some doublers joined in. I was faster than Day 8

Day 10. My knee hurt. I took lots of painkillers. I finished and became a Deca Enduroman.

Full write up now on page 9 on the PC. Still not got past Day 2 yet.

• Options

Dave  you were amazing on that course............image....doing long reports on here is a bit of a pain as it will only accepted so much on one page.............but we await it...............and where are symes and chillis and mons

• Options
    purpletrilady wrote (see)

and your's SyM.es????

Err 

• Options

Looks like Steve is considering the continuous format

This is on his fb page 

>“@EnduromanEvents: Hypothetical - but who thinks the Deca numbers would increase if we ran a continuous format in 2013 not 10 in 10 days - feedback please.....” 

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭
  • Options

Such a pity that I'll be in Lanza. Pretty sure he sent out the same tweet last year as well. Do you think the swim would be able to stay in the pond? Might be a touch chilly/dark by the time some of us slower ones got out! image

• Options

they could bring strong lights in for the pool surely............can you have swim headtorchess............I fancy a quin half ironman...........

• Options
    purpletrilady wrote (see)

Looks like Steve is considering the continuous format

This is on his fb page 

>“@EnduromanEvents: Hypothetical - but who thinks the Deca numbers would increase if we ran a continuous format in 2013 not 10 in 10 days - feedback please.....” 

hmmmm........ image

well done all once again! Amazing things!

• Options

With SyM.es.........Err.....work in progressimage

• Options
    Dave I'm looking forward to your report. Give me a bit o warning so I can get my slippers on and make a pot of tea!

Continuous format?? I can't decide if that's worse or not!
  • Options

It's madness no matter what the format image

Horrible night here, Chinese ordered and planning feet up. Been a bold girl this week. Ah well, has to be done.

More reports please!!!

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

Dave  you were amazing on that course............image....doing long reports on here is a bit of a pain as it will only accepted so much on one page.............but we await it...............and where are symes and chillis and mons

seren nos wrote (see)

they could bring strong lights in for the pool surely............can you have swim headtorchess............I fancy a quin half ironman...........

I think you would find that two easy.  You've done 4 halfs continuously, 5 over 5 days would be a doddle for you.

• Options

I suddenly realsied that this afternoon Purple.........trouble is the quin is too much to contemplate so i'm stuck in limbo land

• Options
    Apologies for the numpty question, but i would have assumed doing a continuous deca would be harder, so why would more people enter?! Or has the entire world gone mad?! Lol. I couldn't even begine to think of doing 1 a day for 10 days, and even less so if it was continuous. Eek
  • Options

there is usually 14 days given to the continious format.so in gtheory you could sleep for a day in the middle and then get back on track..........you control when you sleep.......and you get more time..........also no cutoffs every day........

• Options
    Ah okay, that's quite good i guess, well still looney tunes, but quite goodimage I assumed it would be still over the 10 days.