Options

Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Comments

• Options

Totally brilliant. What an achievement and Seren your report is fantastic.

Inspired image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    What a journey, Seren. Just brilliant.
  • Options

Great read Seren,  so chuffed for youimage

• Options

Purple, Seren ..........   lost for words

• Options

Fantastic report Seren, got me thinking, and now the dats for 2013 are posted, even more so.  No more inspiration stuff though, as it might just tip me over the edge.

• Options

Seren, really well done on completing the double. It sounds so painful I don't know how you managed to keep going. Sean is a little star too. What a champ. image

Purple, I enjoyed reading your report. Such a shame you didn't get to the end, but that experience is going to be invaluable next year. Maybe you need to borrow Seren's son for the weekend!! image

Symes, I was gutted the weather got so bad. Without that you looked set to storm the course. Grrr. image It was great to see you looking so strong on the first day - sorry I had to leave. Lack of sleep was already starting to kick in.

Mon, Glad to see you have finally come to your senses. image It was brilliant to see you, as always.

And finally, has anyone got my monaco please?

• Options

Excellent report Seren. Also impressed by your lad, I have a couple of those 17 year old thingies and mine would have spent most of the time in the tent sleeping.

• Options

Great reports Seren, Purple, Chapeau

• Options
    slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭

Purple, Seren absolutely inspiring.  So impressed and great honest reports

• Options

Report to follow soon but Waffy, it wasn't the weather which did for me, that was fine, relatively, it was the total collapse of my left knee which prompted the medics to retire me sadly image

• Options

Absolutely amazing Seren, what a wonderful report.  You are absolutely amazing, truly inspiring!!

I'll be honest, it really makes me want to try it next year... what an amazing challenge and experience.

• Options

Aw Symes - that's such a shame. Stoopid knee.

• Options
    decadavedecadave ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just dropped in to thank you pirates for your cheers and support whilst I was doing the Deca. 

Special thanks to Mon who gave me some words of "encouragement" to get to the finish on Day 5 (I think?!!) and gutted for her that she didn't get to the end. 

Well done to seren for battling through the run to bag a second place (second is the place to be anyhows!!!) 

Also comiserations to symes for picking up a nasty knee injury. Thankfully mine went at the start of the last mara and ended up walking for 9h15 mins to finish the deca.

I'll get round to a report once i've unscrambled my brain.

• Options

Thanks for all the race reports to date, utterly compelling reading.  Caps doffed to anyone toeing the start line.

• Options
    M..TRIumphant wrote (see)

Fantastic report Seren, got me thinking, and now the dats for 2013 are posted, even more so.  No more inspiration stuff though, as it might just tip me over the edge.

you know you want too, you've been lurking for a while image

• Options

KK - I don't understand what you have against mid life crisis's. Doing this stuff is definitely my mid life crisis. After bringing up 4 kids and working full time I am at the point in my life where I have more time and money than I have had for 30 years. 

What's wrong with enjoying that? 

• Options
    Smashing reports people. You've obviously dedicated a lot of time and effort (physical and emotional) in getting to the event and to taking part, whatever your personal motivation has been for wanting to take part.

You're all stars and your reports are inspiring. Keep them coming.

Hope you're all resting and recovering well.
  • Options

Great reports Seren/Purple. Seren you did mighty fine. After I saw you early on in my run ( mid afternoon Sun ) I thought there was no way you would finish. For the people who weren't there there was most incredible display of will power and determination that you would stuggle to see again that got her to the finish. I couldn't stay up I was knackered. Your laddie has a great attitude and didn't want to sleep as I think he saw this as letting you down and he wanted to be there for you. He did great!

Purple sorry it didn't work out, you can only learn from the experience to make you stronger next time!!

Barley, Schmunkee, Supercaz and everyone else shouting for me, thanks it was such a pick up. I know there were others there shouting and in the 1/2 enduroman,. sorry I didn't meet you.

I am writing a bit of a report and I'll post it soon.

The only thing I felt let things down was the electronic timing. I had to ask twice to check my run laps before it was resolved. I had fed every 4 laps so at 20 laps I ask how many left to be told 19 done 5 to go. I asked for a check and was told there was no anomalies. I asked for a second check and got told again, nothing wrong but we will look whilst I run the next lap. At the end of that lap I was told yes your were right done 21 now 3 to go. I ran over the mat every time on my own deliberately, made sure it beeped so can't really understand it. As it happens on the manual lap counts in the swim I was also told I was a lap short. I knew I was right and again it was corrected. I know I was right as I swam near Carl Atkinson from the Deca and we finished in the same time. Again I made sure that every time I went through the funnel I shouted my number and waited for the reply. One last thing, I can't understand someone elses time for the day as I was running the course backwards for my last lap and saw this person twice running towards me, once at the tennis courts and then near the entrance to the car park ( big field ) yet they were credited with a finish time far quicker than mine!

All told though I thought it was an excellent event, throughly enjoyed it, just! I was made up to complete the course in a time that I had throught may have been achievable prior to the event.

Hopefully I will return to AT again to complete in one of the Enduroman events ( not sure which one though image)

• Options

The Half? image

It's interesting what you say about the timing mats as I heard a lot of people questioning them both on the run and on the bike.

There was one guy who had a DIM race number and he came in on three separate occasions and they had to check and double check his lap count each time.

I wonder whether the weather had any impact on the mat receiving the chip.  I dunno *shrugs*

• Options

The bike wasn't a problem as I had 117 miles showing on my computer so I knew where I was up to but one of the Quins was telling me over breakfast that they had done 10 laps and were told it was only 9! I'd be a bit peeved to be told I had to over 11 miles to go and maybe an extra 50-55 mins to bike. It was sorted but not easily.

• Options
    Well, have just read he last ten pages and am a mess.

Seren - speechless. Brilliant. (but the cats in the lake were brilliant as was yr description of peeing standing up! But your boy. Your lovely boy who I've not met but I love him. My son who a lot of you know is fab, too, and i'll miss him like mad at Outlaw but Sean sounds wonderful. And he must have a second sense to know what you wanted at all the feed stops. Is he the one wanting to be a doctor who went to India? He will go far.

Purple - gutted for you because you were ready and fit enough and strong enough. Tummies are a nightmare. But there will be some ways to help. I so hope you are ok and still drawing strength from how much you've done and how far you gone. You are my heroine.

Symes - have yet to read back far enough to find out about your knee but sounds a bit dodgy. Poor you. But yourp're still done multiple IMs you nutter! Hope you"0're on the mend.

Mon - bugger. Will you be back for more? You and your gold sequinned shorts are still locked in my memory from last year! Hope you're ok.

Ditchy image. Did HH do the 100? How did he get on?

Sounds like the usual ace piratey-ness all round all week.
  • Options
    Artful Hen wrote (see)
    Sounds like the usual ace piratey-ness all round all week.

Except they won stuff as well! What is that about - did we get good all of a sudden?

• Options

there was definitely problems with the run timing mat.......the bike one was spot on.....

yes AH...it is the one who wants to be a doctor......I hope he makes it as he deserves to get what he wants.....I am still so proud of him......

Chilli.it was great to see you on the run a few times......next time wear a pirate top as i could spot one of those even when unconsiousimage

• Options
    The chip timing went funny on my run too, losing two laps, which they found when I queried it.
  • Options
    Fantastic reports. Well done and deep respect to all image
  • Options
    Pretty sure they had problems with the timing mats last year too.....
  • Options

I seem to remember that too Holly.